Joey Elliott gains another life

TBieber

Quite pathetic.  You think Desjardins would be able to find a younger more promising QB to put on his Practice Roster but apparently this isn't the case.

This isn't a development move, this is about getting someone with some experience as your backup since your actual backup is on the IR for the season. Surprised he went with Elliott over Hall since Hall more recently had played but you had to think a move like this was coming. 

Those critical of this move should ask themselves, what does Winnipeg do if Willy goes down for the remainder if the season?

Start Brohm or Marve ?

Personally I think this is a lazy move by Ottawa (O'Brien and Carder could use some reps, you know to actually develop). One of my only issues with the CFL for years has been how some players only stick around due to their experience within the league.

Those critical of this move should ask themselves, what does Winnipeg do if Willy goes down for the remainder if the season?

Start Brohm or Marve ?

Personally I think this is a lazy move by Ottawa (O'Brien and Carder could use some reps, you know to actually develop). One of my only issues with the CFL for years has been how some players only stick around due to their experience within the league.

Rookie QB's don't need that kind of learning experience.  Ottawa has to get some victories on the chart or the fan-base will turn off.

Start Brohm or Marve ?

Rookie QB's don't need that kind of learning experience.  Ottawa has to get some victories on the chart or the fan-base will turn off.

Does Elliott guarantee them anymore wins though ?

and realistically is he even better than O'Brien or Carder ?

Therein lies the issue for me.

Players like Banks and Kuale ? Most HCs want the sense of comfort and security afforded by experiences players especially at the QB spot. It doesn't always work out but it seems to be the most common practice

Way too common IMO.

Start Brohm or Marve ?

There have been a whole pile of qbs who were thrown into the fire too early and been ruined as prospects because of it. Not everyone is a Ricky Ray who can come in immediately and start. Most of them need time to learn before they're ready to take over. 

Start Brohm or Marve ?

Welcome to professional football. The NFL is littered with experienced guys who keep finding work.