Willy injured at practice

Mr. Perfect

I'm hopeful next season we bring in a veteran qb who can actually play if Willy got hurt & isn't a big ? like Brohm. You need a quality backup in this league as it is an 18 game season. 

Don't you think O'Shea would be actively looking for a back up if he was not happy with what he has? If the coaches are good I hope they stick with them. The problem we had in the past is we didn't have a starter and would throw  a back up who was not ready and who would get really burnt. Should we get past this year with Willy our guys will be that much more prepared to step up. 

Mike O'Shea says it's not serious. There you go.

That's a rather standard response by The Mikester. Said the same thing when Watson went down. Sears, Neufeld, Greaves, Moore, etc. To make a declarative states that its NOT SERIOUS is more for team morale. The real story will be how the limb reacts to treatment and whether it swells up tomorrow.

That's a rather standard response by The Mikester. Said the same thing when Watson went down. Sears, Neufeld, Greaves, Moore, etc. To make a declarative states that its NOT SERIOUS is more for team morale. The real story will be how the limb reacts to treatment and whether it swells up tomorrow.

so 9-12 weeks then?

I was at practice today.  Saw the injury happen live and was swearing for quite some time.  Unamba came in uncontested off the left side on a blitz, Willy went to throw to that side and Unamba jumped up to try and block the ball.  Willy hit him on the follow through - personally I couldn't tell if he hit the helmet or he jammed it somewhere in the pads.  He was writhing in pain for a couple of minutes on the ground and then got up to have the trainer look at it.  At one point the trainer moved it and Willy clearly felt pain again as he pulled away a bit.  He was walking around fine and not visibly in pain after about five minutes.

Sounds like it isn't too big of a deal now.  Hopefully it isn't.

I was at practice today.  Saw the injury happen live and was swearing for quite some time.  Unamba came in uncontested off the left side on a blitz, Willy went to throw to that side and Unamba jumped up to try and block the ball.  Willy hit him on the follow through - personally I couldn't tell if he hit the helmet or he jammed it somewhere in the pads.  He was writhing in pain for a couple of minutes on the ground and then got up to have the trainer look at it.  At one point the trainer moved it and Willy clearly felt pain again as he pulled away a bit.  He was walking around fine and not visibly in pain after about five minutes.

Willy has had a few close calls this season and he always bounces back healthy.  A nice contrast compared to Buck the last few years.  We will only know for sure on Willy when practice starts tomorrow. 

Brohm is about as much of a non question mark as you're going to find for a backup QB in the CFL, other than Drew Tate or Kevin Glenn.

He's at least got age and experience that the other backups don't have.

Mike Quinn 2.0.

I don't expect much more from Brohm based on the pre-season, granted the limited reps.  Personally I don't think he's mobile enough to be much of a QB here.  If we could make a clone with his arm and say, Alex Brink's mobility, that would be a CFL QB.

Brohm is about as much of a non question mark as you're going to find for a backup QB in the CFL, other than Drew Tate or Kevin Glenn.

Mike Quinn 2.0.

I don't expect much more from Brohm based on the pre-season, granted the limited reps. Personally I don't think he's mobile enough to be much of a QB here. If we could make a clone with his arm and say, Alex Brink's mobility, that would be a CFL QB.

Willy hasn't shown much mobility here either. Or are u referring to pocket presence?

Mike Quinn 2.0.

I don't expect much more from Brohm based on the pre-season, granted the limited reps. Personally I don't think he's mobile enough to be much of a QB here. If we could make a clone with his arm and say, Alex Brink's mobility, that would be a CFL QB.

Willy hasn't shown much mobility here either. Or are u referring to pocket presence?

Willy has dealt with pressure pretty well on the whole.  He can escape, he can scramble, he's mobile.  In that sense, mobility and pocket presence are related.  Not that useful to be mobile if you run into a defenders arms or lose a bunch of yards.  They aren't running many designed runs for him, only a handful of draws.  Keeping him in the pocket is by design, and probably something our offence should be doing a little less of, but I'm a fan of rollouts to give a quarterback easier, higher percentage throws and keep guys like Chick off his back.  

Brohm is a pure drop back passer.  His lack of mobility was a problem for NFL scouts, and clearly they don't value that skill as much as our game does for a QB.

Next year Brohm will be his in third year in the league I think he is more than capable back up.

So was Goltz.

Division 3, versus division 1, 2nd round NFL draft pick. Hell, even on TSN last year they were saying there were reports from Bomber camp that Goltz was STILL reading defences at a division 3 level. Apples and oranges.

See you on Labour day.

Willy has had a few close calls this season and he always bounces back healthy.  A nice contrast compared to Buck the last few years.  We will only know for sure on Willy when practice starts tomorrow. 

In practice, defenses are supposed to let the qb throw & see his passing lanes. Basically don't go near the qb. This is on Unamba if he's out. 

Next year Brohm will be his in third year in the league I think he is more than capable back up.

So was Goltz.

Division 3, versus division 1, 2nd round NFL draft pick. Hell, even on TSN last year they were saying there were reports from Bomber camp that Goltz was STILL reading defences at a division 3 level. Apples and oranges.

2nd round draft pick who lost his job to a 7th rounder. You have to be outstandingly bad for that to happen in the NFL.