Alex Hall and Linden Gaydosh released by Panthers

Jpan85

He's a free agent so no reason other teams shouldn't pursue him, hopefully Walters is making inquiries.

Are you sure? I thought HAM still owned his rights.

Hamilton absolutely owns his rights.  They drafted him after all.

Can't believe some of the comments of us not 'needing' Hall or "Hall doesn't fit in Etch's defense". Reminds me, a few years ago, when we had a  young Canadian Olineman at guard and some poster here (same one maybe?) went on a bit of a rant on how 'overrated' he was and he wasn't even the 3rd best olineman on our team (or something to that affect). The following season was his last here, and signed at home and all Brendon Labatte is now is (arguably) the best Canadian Olineman in the CFL. Yep - don't sign Hall - we don't need him... Phuuuuuulease 

I think it will take O'Shea 3-4 more losses until he sees the need for improvement on the D-line, right now he's delusional.

Can't believe some of the comments of us not 'needing' Hall or "Hall doesn't fit in Etch's defense". Reminds me, a few years ago, when we had a  young Canadian Olineman at guard and some poster here (same one maybe?) went on a bit of a rant on how 'overrated' he was and he wasn't even the 3rd best olineman on our team (or something to that affect). The following season was his last here, and signed at home and all Brendon Labatte is now is (arguably) the best Canadian Olineman in the CFL. Yep - don't sign Hall - we don't need him... Phuuuuuulease 

I think it will take O'Shea 3-4 more losses until he sees the need for improvement on the D-line, right now he's delusional.

D-Line is not a major concern for the Bombers from where I'm sitting.  O-line and National depth would be more pressing issues.

D-Line is not a major concern for the Bombers from where I'm sitting.  O-line and National depth would be more pressing issues.

Well no **** but I don't see any of those types available. DL hasn't been good enough lately. They have struggled to generate pressure in the last few games from the defensive line and that is a problem. Can't be blitzing every down, need to be able to get pressure from your 4 up front and the Bombers have had issues with that, especially with Vega limping around. It's not the biggest issue, but it is something they could use an improvement on and Hall is a guy who is available. 

Well no **** but I don't see any of those types available. DL hasn't been good enough lately. They have struggled to generate pressure in the last few games from the defensive line and that is a problem. Can't be blitzing every down, need to be able to get pressure from your 4 up front and the Bombers have had issues with that, especially with Vega limping around. It's not the biggest issue, but it is something they could use an improvement on and Hall is a guy who is available. 

I hear you.  Sometimes you have to take what is available and work on more pressing needs later.  I disagree with this approach as the Bombers, imo, won't win the Grey Cup this year so why not make sure money and draft picks are in place to fix the areas I mentioned?  Fix the o-line with a free agent or a key draft pick or two and have a run at the Grey Cup in 2016 (or 2015 if things going really well).

Can't believe some of the comments of us not 'needing' Hall or "Hall doesn't fit in Etch's defense". Reminds me, a few years ago, when we had a young Canadian Olineman at guard and some poster here (same one maybe?) went on a bit of a rant on how 'overrated' he was and he wasn't even the 3rd best olineman on our team (or something to that affect). The following season was his last here, and signed at home and all Brendon Labatte is now is (arguably) the best Canadian Olineman in the CFL. Yep - don't sign Hall - we don't need him... Phuuuuuulease

D-Line is not a major concern for the Bombers from where I'm sitting. O-line and National depth would be more pressing issues.

I hear you. Sometimes you have to take what is available and work on more pressing needs later. I disagree with this approach as the Bombers, imo, won't win the Grey Cup this year so why not make sure money and draft picks are in place to fix the areas I mentioned? Fix the o-line with a free agent or a key draft pick or two and have a run at the Grey Cup in 2016 (or 2015 if things going really well).

It's the cfl. Any team can win the grey cup.

Can't believe some of the comments of us not 'needing' Hall or "Hall doesn't fit in Etch's defense". Reminds me, a few years ago, when we had a young Canadian Olineman at guard and some poster here (same one maybe?) went on a bit of a rant on how 'overrated' he was and he wasn't even the 3rd best olineman on our team (or something to that affect). The following season was his last here, and signed at home and all Brendon Labatte is now is (arguably) the best Canadian Olineman in the CFL. Yep - don't sign Hall - we don't need him... Phuuuuuulease

D-Line is not a major concern for the Bombers from where I'm sitting. O-line and National depth would be more pressing issues.
I hear you. Sometimes you have to take what is available and work on more pressing needs later. I disagree with this approach as the Bombers, imo, won't win the Grey Cup this year so why not make sure money and draft picks are in place to fix the areas I mentioned? Fix the o-line with a free agent or a key draft pick or two and have a run at the Grey Cup in 2016 (or 2015 if things going really well).

It's the cfl. Any team can win the grey cup.

This is true sometimes.  Most years there are about 3 teams with real chances at winning but the odd time an underdog can come around and win.

I hear you.  Sometimes you have to take what is available and work on more pressing needs later.  I disagree with this approach as the Bombers, imo, won't win the Grey Cup this year so why not make sure money and draft picks are in place to fix the areas I mentioned?  Fix the o-line with a free agent or a key draft pick or two and have a run at the Grey Cup in 2016 (or 2015 if things going really well).

It's the CFL, you just need to make the playoffs and win 3 games in a row at most, most teams can do that. Plus there are no guaranteed contracts so if you have too much money in one place and need it for somewhere else it's easy to simply release a player. Take the improvements where you can get them, as long as you're not trading away your picks and nationals there is no downside. 

Can't see any NFL teams signing Gaydosh after all his injuries...  when he gets to Ham, they will have Laurent, Gaydosh, Bulcke - all potential starters on a team that is already starting eight Canadians.

If they lose again this weekend, I would think they start looking at trades/re-rebuild...  Bulcke would fit on an 'Etch D'... maybe Stephen shakes loose?  Giguere?

Thanks.  Tell us something we don't already know and haven't discussed ad-nauseum.  Going to tell us where the BB are going to pick up some good Natl. O-linemen???? 

Hmmmm...no word yet on Hall signing with any CFL teams. What are his other options?

Other NFL teams.

Is he eligible for a P.R. position down there?

Yes.

Wonder what Hamilton would want for Evan Gill's rights?

Boy oh boy, if the ask wasn't too steep, even if he truly wants to play out his eligibility and we're not seeing him until next year, that would be a huge step in the right direction.