Alex Hall and Linden Gaydosh released by Panthers

Jpan85

Can anybody find individual penalty stats? It seemed like he went offside a lot. I'd be interested to see how he compared to other dl in the league.

From going over post-game stats from last season at CFL Media, when Hall was with the Bombers he went offside 10 times however 6 of those penalties occurred in two games (3 against Calgary, 3 against Hamilton).

I'm pretty certain what you're looking at doesn't account for the penalties that were not accepted.

I don't know how he compared to the rest of the pass rushers in the league, but here's the breakdown of his time with the Bombers last season

15 sacks for a total loss of 120 yards.

4 tackles behind the line of scrimmage for a loss of 11 yards.

3 forced fumbles.

7 penalties for a total of 36 yards. Only 1 rough play penalty all year for a 6 yard infraction, 6 offsides penalties.

I don't know how you look at those numbers and think there's more risk than reward to Hall.  He makes our pass rush immediately scarier. 

#ALEXCOMEHOME

The biggest thing is obviously the huge ability to not take RTP or face masking calls. To get 15 sacks and only take one RTP call is unbelievable.

I think the one RTP call was when a QB ducked his head and a he caught him around the  neck area. Which surprisingly only happened once since he is pretty tall for a DE.

Maybe the concern with off sides is from people mistaking Hall for Willis. I remember Willis as being more the penalty magnet.

If we get to vote on this I vote for getting Hall back. I feel like the defense has been a little short of pressure compared to better versions of our team over the years. I like quarterback pressure. It leads to pick sixes which are absolute momentum killers.

Is there any scuttlebutt that we are in on Hall?  Did he leave Winnipeg on good terms?

I saw one local reporter tweeted about how intriguing it would be for the Bombers to sign Dressler this week, but havent seen any mention of Hall.

Sort of, but he REALLY did not like the coaching staff we had last year for obvious reasons.

Is there any scuttlebutt that we are in on Hall?  Did he leave Winnipeg on good terms?

I saw one local reporter tweeted about how intriguing it would be for the Bombers to sign Dressler this week, but havent seen any mention of Hall.

Sort of, but he REALLY did not like the coaching staff we had last year for obvious reasons.

That's why all the mentions of Hall to Toronto are funny. I'd think that would be the last place he'd go.

IMO he signs in either Ottawa or Winnipeg.

Maybe the concern with off sides is from people mistaking Hall for Willis. I remember Willis as being more the penalty magnet.

If we get to vote on this I vote for getting Hall back. I feel like the defense has been a little short of pressure compared to better versions of our team over the years. I like quarterback pressure. It leads to pick sixes which are absolute momentum killers.

It seems to me in the last 3 games the BB have not blitzed as much as they did earlier in the year.  They had great success in the BC win and after that they seem to have curtailed blitzing quite a bit.  If they plan to rely more on straight 4 man rushes than Hall would be a great addition.

Hall is a mercenary. He'll go for coin. If he gets more than $5k more in Ott he's there plus a signing bonus. He doesn't care about playoff money cuz there won't be any in Ottawa and Wpg is gonna be in a struggle. Less focus on him by media and fans in Ottawa - in Wpg he'd be expected to make big plays plus every time he went offside there'd be a revolution.

Where is this Alex Hall is a penalty guy crap coming from???  Are people fishing for reasons to complain???

The guy was fantastic and would be a great addition.

I think it got legs when people were trying to justify trading him last year. Now they've told themselves the lie so often they believe it.

So per Jaquie he went offside 10 times in 12 games as a Bomber last season. You don't consider that a lot?

Hall is a mercenary. He'll go for coin. If he gets more than $5k more in Ott he's there plus a signing bonus. He doesn't care about playoff money cuz there won't be any in Ottawa and Wpg is gonna be in a struggle. Less focus on him by media and fans in Ottawa - in Wpg he'd be expected to make big plays plus every time he went offside there'd be a revolution.

Right, less focus on him in Ottawa where they're desperate for a face of the franchise who isn't turfing throws into the dirt.

Or he could come here and just fit right in instead of being expected to be a savior.

Bombers don't sound like they're interested in DE Alex Hall, who was released by Panthers over weekend. "Where would he fit" -- O'Shea #bn

I hate hearing stuff like this... Its great to have confidence in your team but I mean, cmon, we played Kashawn Fraser last game...

Glad to hear this ;)