BC Leos @ Toronto Argos

Looks like Toronto are running out of gas. 

That's what happens to teams on the back half of a short week. They just don't have enough in the tank. 

Yep the Bombers didn't use it as an excuse but if it doesn't make a difference why not do it more often? Wonder why we didn't start the year earlier rather than screwing around with the schedule and looking a little like a bush league?

I'm feeling less hopeful about the Bombers playoff chances as BC is now kicking it into a higher gear.   Even securing that 4th cross over position is going to be a major challenge.  If the Bombers can't make hay against EE and the RR in their remaining games they're going to end up bottom shelf in the West.  Let's hope for some key injuries to opposing QB's so they have a chance to up end the apple cart.

I never hope for injuries on opposing teams.  If you can't beat a team legitimately, then get better yourself.

At some point the wins / losses between the two divisions need to start evening out as inter-division games get played more.

Although other then SK / BC next week, it is all East vs West again.   

For sure we are in tough in the West, but we are still well into the thick of things.   Hopefully we get back on track starting with next week.

That's what happens to teams on the back half of a short week. They just don't have enough in the tank. 

Yep the Bombers didn't use it as an excuse but if it doesn't make a difference why not do it more often? Wonder why we didn't start the year earlier rather than screwing around with the schedule and looking a little like a bush league?

9 teams, one week has to have an extra game in it just the way it goes. 

I'm feeling less hopeful about the Bombers playoff chances as BC is now kicking it into a higher gear.   Even securing that 4th cross over position is going to be a major challenge.  If the Bombers can't make hay against EE and the RR in their remaining games they're going to end up bottom shelf in the West.  Let's hope for some key injuries to opposing QB's so they have a chance to up end the apple cart.

But the western teams are going to play against each other more often in the last half of the season, they won't all stay at lopsided win/loss records like that, something has to give. We got 2 games against the Riders, 2 against the Stamps, 1 against the Esks and I guess 1 against the Lions... make those count. If they can't beat their divisional rivals then you don't deserve to make the playoffs. Win some of those games you'll get in simple as that. 

BC is just playing hard. An area we are struggling in. Big time.

What a stupid  thing to  say. Not playing hard? Go cheer for another team. You're just an idiot troll.

if you don't feed them they get bored and go away.

Your advice can be summarized as "go the 'road untravelled'.

Maybe we will get a few guys to shore up the lines and if we can customize our game plans to what is given us we could spread some hurt. Sticking to the same plan for the whole game does not make us very scary. Even if we miss the playoffs we will go into next year with others finally taking us seriously. When I look back at what I was expecting  I'm very happy with where we are. There's nothing to say we can't lay a few licks yet and sneak in.

But the western teams are going to play against each other more often in the last half of the season, they won't all stay at lopsided win/loss records like that, something has to give. We got 2 games against the Riders, 2 against the Stamps, 1 against the Esks and I guess 1 against the Lions... make those count. If they can't beat their divisional rivals then you don't deserve to make the playoffs. Win some of those games you'll get in simple as that. 

True enough, the Bombers played a good game to upset the Lions so hopefully they can rise to the occasion against other Western teams.  The two upcoming games against the Riders will be critical to the Bombers chances and if the Lions can kick the Riders next week in BC Place that would be beautiful.  I'll happily concede the Stamps first place if they can sweep EE in all 3 games this year and I'll award BC second if they can split their remaining games with both the RR and EE..

In fairness Sask came into our house on a short week, not even returning after the previous game ,took our ball and went home with a big W.

Just need to want it bad enough.

I don't think that "wanting it bad enough " is the issue. Otherwise no one would lose a grey cup game.

Our team has issue with oline protection and run blocking.

Our defense has issues with run blocking. Improve those these things and this team can win any given day. If not, if only a few things go wrong it will cost us some games.

Are we the greatest team in the league? No. Have we improved tenfold over last year? **** yes.

I watched the game just now...

Why did they put in Lulay... 10-0 lead and the team gets a turnover so they out in the rusty guy instead of Glenn who was rolling.

BC takes lots of bad penalties.

Toronto's defense succcks ... BC defense came to play. So much pressure on Ray.

Ray had some awful throws tonight.

Brown would of looked good as our returner.

Not that impressed with Glenn and the BC offense outside of Logan.

Glad Toronto lost after given a gift schedule.

Funny how TSN was pointing that out.  Especially Suitor. And hey, LaPo was actually WORRIED about the Argos having a short week. Was any of the same concern expressed about us last Tuesday in that  UNBELIEVABLE win by the Argos? I know it was mentioned but worry???

Glad Toronto lost after given a gift schedule.

How does Toronto have a "gift schedule"? BC, Ottawa and Montreal are the only teams that don't have a short week. I can't see how anyone would think playing 3 road games then 2 homes followed by 4 more on the road could see that as a gift schedule. Toronto, most years, has the worst schedule thanks to Rogers.

In fairness Sask came into our house on a short week, not even returning after the previous game ,took our ball and went home with a big W.

Just need to want it bad enough.

I don't think that "wanting it bad enough " is the issue. Otherwise no one would lose a grey cup game.

Our team has issue with oline protection and run blocking.

Our defense has issues with run blocking. Improve those these things and this team can win any given day. If not, if only a few things go wrong it will cost us some games.

Are we the greatest team in the league? No. Have we improved tenfold over last year? **** yes.

There are two in teams in a Grey Cup, so it is possible for one to want it more. 

Our team also has problems on special teams, with tackling, taking poor penalties our Q.B. is regressing running the ball, stopping the run, protecting the football.

Are we better then last year?  Pretty hard to be worse but watching most other teams improve and us taking steps back week after week is concerning and at this rate who knows? The effort and focus needs to improve.

Funny how TSN was pointing that out.  Especially Suitor. And hey, LaPo was actually WORRIED about the Argos having a short week. Was any of the same concern expressed about us last Tuesday in that  UNBELIEVABLE win by the Argos? I know it was mentioned but worry???

Lapo was wearing the Argo colours on the sidelines, it's always been clear who TSN favours.