Moving On -- Looking Ahead To Tuesday

Noeller

...Random Tuesday nighter at the Mall of Sky-doom (#TorontoProblems).....

Should we expect guys back? Moore, Neufeld, etc?  Sounds like Sherman will likely be out. 

I'm expecting a much more focused effort from the boys, and a great desire to rebound from a tough loss vs SK....

So something is going on in T.O. that forced game to start 2 days early?

The Blue Jays?

9 teams means 81 games in the CFL regular season instead of 72.  So one week in the CFL will have 5 games.  Next week is that week.  Toronto plays twice.

The Blue Jays may also be playing at some point.

I want ...

Cotton for Grigsby

Jones for January

Markett/Suber for Washington (doghouse)

McDuffie for Bryant (Watson will start so 3 Natl REC)

If ratio will allow it

extra RB Grigsby or Bolton

Hoping we can make a trade...

Swiston for Westerman

Suber for Tim Brown

I want ...

Cotton for Grigsby

Jones for January

Markett/Suber for Washington (doghouse)

McDuffie for Bryant (Watson will start so 3 Natl REC)

If ratio will allow it

extra RB Grigsby or Bolton

Hoping we can make a trade...

Swiston for Westerman

Suber for Tim Brown

I'd agree with the first one but the rest are pretty unrealistic and some what laughable.. sit one of your best db's who you notice quite a bit on D, and not cuz he's being beat but because he's always the guy making plays out there? washington lead us in tackles last night, he didn't get beat at all really on defence, he was make tackles that other guys were whiffing on. I don't get sitting Washington the DB, i get not letting him return kicks but punishing our Defence because washington, who is a beast out there on D fumbled a kick return is pretty crazy. 

Swiston for Westerman? Suber for Tim  Brown? Why stop there, why not brohm for ricky ray. 

its rumored that buono is shopping westerman and he will trade for the best value he can get. they need help in their ol and swiston is rotting at the bottom of our depth chart. both are 3rd rounders both will met a need for their new club . its not crazy if you think.

tim brown is burried on the lions depth chart too. and its rumored that the bombers are shopping suber. im not sure if the lions need help in secondary but brown will be an upgrade to woods and him being a second rb will enable us to put another import receiver on the 44 if the ratio will allow it.

its rumored that buono is shopping westerman and he will trade for the best value he can get. they need help in their ol and swiston is rotting at the bottom of our depth chart. both are 3rd rounders both will met a need for their new club . its not crazy if you think.

tim brown is burried on the lions depth chart too. and its rumored that the bombers are shopping suber. im not sure if the lions need help in secondary but brown will be an upgrade to woods and him being a second rb will enable us to put another import receiver on the 44 if the ratio will allow it.

Westerman was third overall...  or was it second?

He would be a really nice addition - worth more than Swiston though

Westerman was third overall...  or was it second?

He would be a really nice addition - worth more than Swiston though

2nd.

Buono likes to win trades.  He's not a win-win guy.  He's a win-lose guy.  He'll want more than Swiston for a 2nd overall pick, even if that pick isn't everything he'd originally hoped for.  And does Swiston really help BC's Oline?

I suppose anything is an upgrade over Valli.

Those trade proposals are bizarre at best.

Swiston for Westerman ... now let's just be clear here - Westerman has low value. He's not going to sign an extension in all likelihood, he wants to try the NFL and his deal is up at the end of the season, so you're valuing him at whatever you think between 11-14 games of him is worth. Not a lot, but Swiston has zero value as a trade asset. He's on his second contract, so he's likely not as cheap as other players who can equal his production.

Suber for Tim Brown ... there's win-win and then there are just make believe trades that make no sense. This is the latter. Suber is good, but where does he fit on a BC secondary? He's not replacing Ronnie Yell, that's for sure.

Definitely looking forward to Tuesday's game because I fully expect the Bombers want to play another game..as soon as they can can.

All things being equal last night, and don't give up 20 points on turnovers, we absolutely own that game…and they know it.

We can talk about our poor line play and it continues..

We can talk about our poor RB performance and it continues….they are related.

We can mention that Willy finally had a rookie-type game….who knew?

But, to a man, I bet all of them want to get back out there and kick some butt. Tuesday, the following game against Montreal, and then finally the return match against Sask.

All, of course, one game at a time.

It seems to me like a lot of Grigsbys problems are that he loses so much speed when he changes direction and he doesn't have that real explosive first step. We were watching an old game from 2003 before this game last night and looking at Charles Roberts it's just amazing how many yards he could gain when there was nothing there and it's all because he could switch directions without losing too much speed and then get back to his top speed in no time. There may be some problems with the OL opening holes but Grigsby I don't think is the guy to use in that situation. He's a good receiver so I think there can definitely be a spot on the offense for him, but I want to see Cotton get the bulk of the carries just to see if he can do more. Hell I don't know that outside of Moore any of our american receivers are doing so much we have to leave them on the field, why not put both backs out there and use them more? Try new things because when you can't run the ball you're making it too easy for defenses to sit back and wait for passes to pick off. 

It seems to me like a lot of Grigsbys problems are that he loses so much speed when he changes direction and he doesn't have that real explosive first step. We were watching an old game from 2003 before this game last night and looking at Charles Roberts it's just amazing how many yards he could gain when there was nothing there and it's all because he could switch directions without losing too much speed and then get back to his top speed in no time. There may be some problems with the OL opening holes but Grigsby I don't think is the guy to use in that situation. He's a good receiver so I think there can definitely be a spot on the offense for him, but I want to see Cotton get the bulk of the carries just to see if he can do more. Hell I don't know that outside of Moore any of our american receivers are doing so much we have to leave them on the field, why not put both backs out there and use them more? Try new things because when you can't run the ball you're making it too easy for defenses to sit back and wait for passes to pick off. 

I would not want Grigsby as a receiver...he drops some and bobbles some others...I don't think he has the best hands really. Woods has much much better hands.

Grigsby's a great receiver out of the backfield, but that's not the same skill set as running accurate patterns and getting open.  As I've said before... I blame the lack of a running game more on the O line than the RB's.

That's selective reasoning at best. Yes some times the running game fails because of the o-line... but other times it fails because the back isn't good enough at getting away from people. Sometimes a back has to take it upon himself to make something out of nothing, Grigsby doesn't do that.