Bomber vs Rider Game Preview: Willy's Biggest Non-Grey Cup Game

Its freakin hilarious that people refuse to believe something that a GM would say and stand pat on their own opinions.. Why do we simply take a member of leadership at face value and automatically assume everything out of their mouth is lies and "spin"..

Nobody thinks Willy will be just as motivated than Ford.

I do think that Willy will be just as motivated as Ford, but it's not like the Riders cut Willy. He moved on because he wanted to start.
False. Taman is on record as saying that they were moving on from Willy because he didn't fit their plans and they like their current back up better. They were going to let him go to FA but we tossed em a token piece for his neg rights.

I don't care how Taman wanted to spin it.  Willy was leaving to get a shot at starting.

"I don't care what people who know the actual facts say, I'm sticking with my idea!!!"

You're as obnoxious as ever.  You really think that Willy would re-sign with the Riders to sit on the bench for another season when he had a chance to start elsewhere and to make starters money?

Hey comedygeek, no complaints about this post being rude? Funny how that works.... ;) I think it was a combination of both.... Willy had a chance to start & the fact that the Riders seemed high on Sunseri for some reason. I know some Rider fans sure were.  So, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Actually thought he should have been #2 last year. Maybe Duressler47 can explain it for us. All I know is Willy is our guy now... That's all I care about. 

"Abounds" means it goes well beyond one person. ;)

(Some people I don't expect any better from because they're always the same way, I guess. In other cases, I don't understand it and feel like saying something at 4am when I should be sleeping. Heh.)

Not taking anything away from the Riders but they got big leads in the past 2 games cause of  turnovers and special teams.  DOn't turn it over early (or at all) and be  disciplined on special teams, and the Bombers should be 6-1.

Then again, we did hype the battle of the unbeatens quite a bit, and look what happened

That being said, I don't doubt that at some point the losses start catching up with us.  I mean in 2011, we started out 7-1 yet only finished 10-8 not doing so well on the back stretch.  Is such a scenario likely to happen again this year with this team?  Yes, but considering how bad our 3-15 team of 2013 was, 9 or 10 wins, or even only 8 for that matter is something I could live with because of that.

I think there is a very noticeable difference between this year's hot start and 2011's hot start... in 2011 they were winning exclusively because the defense was dominating, this year they are actually getting wins because the offense is contributing in a big way. Generally in the CFL you can get by riding your defense early in the season because every offense is behind. This year I would expect the offense to get better as the year goes on as well so they shouldn't get left behind as other offenses start to improve across the league. If any team should be concerned about doing what the 2011 Bombers did it would be Edmonton because they're doing it almost exactly the same way as the Bombers did back then. Relying on tons of sacks and turnovers, but eventually teams will clean that up. I would expect the Bombers record to sag a bit simply because of a tougher schedule but I don't expect it to drop off the map completely.

Right, I'm not disagreeing with this.  I do think there are noticeable differences between this year's O and the O of that year, and in the playcalling in particular, but I'm just saying, it won't always be able to play at a high level like we've seen at a number of these early games, plus while we've come away with some last minute and last second TD drives, obviously those won't always happen either and there will be times we gotta deal with frustrating losses.  I'm just thinking in terms of what I've usually seen as far as the finishing trends going on in this league over recent years.  I think even if teams in the East like Montreal and Ottawa don't pull out of their hole, a stacked West division isn't going to see any teams finish with more than 11 wins is my theory.  Plus I just don't think a team as young as ours is quite in the spot of pulling off a 13-5 / 14-4 type record as it is.  Biggest thing this team just needs at this point is continuity.

I think we should take everything away from the Riders.

except their sister-wives, their banjos, their out-houses and their moon-shine stills. We have to leave them their bare necessities.

Other than the stills the rest is just on a rental basis sort of.

Been in Banff for the last few days...every time I see a guy wearing a Riders tshirt or something, I just want to tell them they're gonna lose this week, but I hold myself back as I don't want to bring on bad karma.  It was very difficult for me.

Paul Friesen         @friesensunmedia

#Bombers D-lineman Zach Anderson on Riders O-line: "I want to say cheap. I want to say dirty. Quote me on dirty." The rivalry is revived.

:wacko: Zach bite the bait.

It's nothing that hasn't been said before by other players from other teams. Wouldn't be surprised if the Riders oline takes it as a compliment.

Been in Banff for the last few days...every time I see a guy wearing a Riders tshirt or something, I just want to tell them they're gonna lose this week, but I hold myself back as I don't want to bring on bad karma.  It was very difficult for me.

can't go anywhere in the world these days without running into bandwagon Rider fans...and if I don't notice them they notice my Bomber hat and have to make an obnoxious comment...in February when I was in Maui I was told almost every day by some ding-dong that Willy sucked and they were glad he was gone...ha ha ha

can't go anywhere in the world these days without running into bandwagon Rider fans...and if I don't notice them they notice my Bomber hat and have to make an obnoxious comment...in February when I was in Maui I was told almost every day by some ding-dong that Willy sucked and they were glad he was gone...ha ha ha

...Try living out here. Most years, it's quite sickening. As you can imagine, this year has been better. Having said that, yesterday I took heat in the local WalMart for my new Jets hat, hoodie and Bombers tee.....Rider fans, Stamps fans....a horrible combo out here.

...Try living out here. Most years, it's quite sickening. As you can imagine, this year has been better. Having said that, yesterday I took heat in the local WalMart for my new Jets hat, hoodie and Bombers tee.....Rider fans, Stamps fans....a horrible combo out here.

what the **** to flames fans have to say about the Jets? ******* Flames over achieved in a big way and managed to draft 4th overall...

what the **** to flames fans have to say about the Jets? ******* Flames over achieved in a big way and managed to draft 4th overall...

And that was the highlight of the Flames' year. They're going to suck for at least a couple of years- their drafting has been pathetic and their prospects are all mediocre.

Been in Banff for the last few days...every time I see a guy wearing a Riders tshirt or something, I just want to tell them they're gonna lose this week, but I hold myself back as I don't want to bring on bad karma. It was very difficult for me.

And that was the highlight of the Flames' year. They're going to suck for at least a couple of years- their drafting has been pathetic and their prospects are all mediocre.

Well Benett and Monahan are solid prospects, not sure either one has super high end potential but they're solid. They had better hope that Giordano keeps playing like one of the better defensemen in the league though or they will be absolutely ******.

I'm all for trash talk but the guy is pretty much neck and neck with Ricky Ray at the moment.

I'm all for trash talk but the guy is pretty much neck and neck with Ricky Ray at the moment.

Yeah I know.  I didn't really know much about Willy at that point other than watching him win on the last play of the game against us in 2012.  I didn't realize that that seems to be the way Willy wins almost all of his games.

Crazy fact that seriously made me go really? that can't be true, but it is. Over on the CFL.CA and bluebombers.com page for that matter, there is a video preview of this weeks game and in that preview the voice over guy said the bombers have allowed a league low 2, yup 2, TWO rushing touchdowns.  That's crazy. Guess it doesn't take in to account qb's though, i'm not sure actually but that is crazy.. Only have  given up 2 rushing tds all season so far.