Bomber vs Rider Game Preview: Willy's Biggest Non-Grey Cup Game

Feeling good about this one coming Thursday.  I think this time we're gonna cause a big old ruckus in Darrian Durant's head.  He's never faced the Bombers on any day other than Sunday in his career, and this isn't Labor Day or the Banjo Bowl.

I think we're gonna limit what Will Ford does in this game, we'll be ready for him.  Make em one dimensional and I think you got one defeated Durant to boot.

On offense, we're finally going at them with a real QB and one that knows their D inside and out.  We keep Foley and Chick out of the backfield, I think they're beat dead to rights.  Especially since Tristan Jackson is out for the season now.

Feeling good about this one coming Thursday.  I think this time we're gonna cause a big old ruckus in Darrian Durant's head.  He's never faced the Bombers on any day other than Sunday in his career, and this isn't Labor Day or the Banjo Bowl.

I think we're gonna limit what Will Ford does in this game, we'll be ready for him.  Make em one dimensional and I think you got one defeated Durant to boot.

On offense, we're finally going at them with a real QB and one that knows their D inside and out.  We keep Foley and Chick out of the backfield, I think they're beat dead to rights.  Especially since Tristan Jackson is out for the season now.

Where did you get that he went back into the game

This is a really important game for us. My big worry is Ford will have a chip on his shoulder to show up his old team. Three of our next five game are against Sask and going 2-1 would be a huge boost for positioning in the west and also the fan base. I have seen too many defeats against the riders in the past ten years.

I would think and hope that since it's a Thursday game we will see more blue and gold in the stands and not the colour my dog throws up after he eats too much grass

Sad part is if we win Thursday it won't be because we played well but because they have too many injuries a short week and they didn't play well. ;)

That'll be according to RiderFans, but hey they also agree, we've only beaten garbage teams so far, so I wonder how the win will be perceived? LOL

Thursday will be an interesting game to watch. It ought to be a tough game for us to win, because, like it or not, Durant is still one of the two best QB's in the league and still has a pretty solid team around him, with the weakness being in the NI receivers. The game looks to be winnable for the Big Blue, but it ain't gonna be easy.

The Riders are a top half team.  Better than BC.  Not as good as Edmonton or Calgary.  One of their biggest strengths is their O line but it looks like they may be missing Picard and Labatte which will greatly reduce their effectiveness.  That, plus home field advantage is likely to swing the game in our favour, but this one will likely be a very close, hard hitting affair.  I for one, can hardly wait.

Honestly, the only thing that worries me about the Riders is whether or not they get the running game going. If they can run the ball they're dangerous, I don't believe that Durant can win with his arm this year, too many missing pieces from the receiving corps. If they get the running game established though Durant is just so much better.

Where exactly did you get that from?

- Don't give the riders good field position.. part of the problem in that debacle last night, was sask started on Ottawas side of the field in the first half.. average field position was like the 40 yard line of the redblacks. 

- Double Team Chick. Dude's a beast. Stop him and there goes most the pressure from the sask dline.

- Ford? meh, 20 carries for like 70 yards isn't that impressive.. basically had 2 walk in td's though due to field position, Ford had a good week last week, last night? not so much really.

- Durant? Get to him early and he should cave. Throw different looks at him, remove the running game and durant isn't nearly as good.

- Sask has been kind of an enigma this year, great one week, terrible the next.. if that holds true, this week they should be terrible