Rumour: Max Hall Will Start This Friday

lol, poor Burke sounds like he's going to cry every time he has to say Crowtons name.......Had they cleaned out Mack/Buchko and Crowton after 3 games like I suggested and hired MB back then, we'd have a functioning team by now....instead it's going to take another 3 games and by then the season is lost.

lol, poor Burke sounds like he's going to cry every time he has to say Crowtons name.......Had they cleaned out Mack/Buchko and Crowton after 3 games like I suggested and hired MB back then, we'd have a functioning team by now....instead it's going to take another 3 games and by then the season is lost.

Yeah, bringing in Bellefeuille as OC, firing Crowton & initiating changes by the week might've been the better move .

The whole Goltz needs time to develop really makes the coaches look ridiculous... 3rd year in and it's still to early for him to start?

What disappoints me about Goltz is that he is such a whiner. He and Pierce need to zip it and quit whining about where they are on the depth chart. They both had their chance to play and neither one lit things up so shut up and let Hall have a crack at it. Goltz and Pierce whining about not understanding the decisions that are being made and Goltz saying he feels betrayed just infuriates me. What kind of leadership is that? Maybe things are a bit of a gong show right now but geez, we've just had two high level firings and two new guys have been brought in. It's gonna take some time for things to gel into a bit of decision making cohesion. Whining to the media because you're not starting makes you look self-centred and immature. I'm disappointed with both of them. Way to put the team first, guys. I'm sure your displeasure has been noted.

What disappoints me about Goltz is that he is such a whiner. He and Pierce need to zip it and quit whining about where they are on the depth chart. They both had their chance to play and neither one lit things up so shut up and let Hall have a crack at it. Goltz and Pierce whining about not understanding the decisions that are being made and Goltz saying he feels betrayed just infuriates me. What kind of leadership is that? Maybe things are a bit of a gong show right now but geez, we've just had two high level firings and two new guys have been brought in. It's gonna take some time for things to gel into a bit of decision making cohesion. Whining to the media because you're not starting makes you look self-centred and immature. I'm disappointed with both of them. Way to put the team first, guys. I'm sure your displeasure has been noted.

Handled wrong...yes, but all around. From mgmt. to coaching to player.

Got to change that whining into winning.

Handled wrong...yes, but all around. From mgmt. to coaching to player.

Got to change that whining into winning.

Miller is going to lose his **** soon if the finger-pointing and self-centered whining doesn't stop. I wouldn't be surprised if Goltz and Pierce just made their way onto the "expendable" list. I don't think anyone is safe on this team and I don't think Miller is afraid to blow this thing up big-time if he determines that that's what needs to happen. Anyone else wanna start chirping their displeasure to the media? May as well get all the malcontents outa here sooner than later.

I don't mind a competitor and someone who gets pished about losing his job.

But he's got to be smart about it. The media can win you points and also lose you points.

Goltz is young. He gets a mulligan. But he should admit he played somewhere between acceptable to poor to not bad. He can only learn from this.

With a closed mouth.

and that's fine. The problem was what he also said, about thinking Goltz had been better than pierce yet pierce still gets a promotion. 

Ya I didn't listen to much of the show but I caught that part (was in the car for the first half of the show).  He says Goltz was a little better, then moves him down to 3...I have no idea what is going on anymore.

Also regarding the "heated discussions" it does not sound like Burke supports the QB move. If he did, I'm sure he'd say so.

I don't blame Goltz. I'd assume they told him two weeks ago the gig was his and he'd get a chance to play, grow etc. Then they take it away and make you number 3. Throw in Buck's comments about not being told he'd be mentoring the young guns and you have to wonder if Burke or any of the coaching staff has basic communication skills.

I don't blame Goltz. I'd assume they told him two weeks ago the gig was his and he'd get a chance to play, grow etc. Then they take it away and make you number 3. Throw in Buck's comments about not being told he'd be mentoring the young guns and you have to wonder if Burke or any of the coaching staff has basic communication skills.

I agree that Burke needs to take charge and start communicating better but on this one Goltz deserves blame too.  I was angry with Buck when he took his thoughts to the media, and I'm angry at both that they did it today as well.  It's unprofessional and Goltz has to realize that the situation has changed - and that Mack is not here to support him.

Goltz should have kept his mouth shut. At least with Buck he's been in the CFL for nearly a decade & probably has a coaching gig somewhere else when he retires. Goltz has one career start & has played in parts of 3 games in 3 years. Guy needs to zip it. He hasn't earned the right to say what he did. Like it was mentioned, yeah this is a Gong Show but his comments just made things worse. Feels betrayed in a career where performance, "What have you done for me today" is paramount & how players are judged? That's the law of the jungle. 

Burke is the head coach and yet he's already said he's not involved with the offense, shown an inability to communicate with the media and players. Guy is clearly not cut out for the job.

You'll get no argument from me here. Dude could be a DC for my team any day, but definitely not a HC.

Miller is going to lose his **** soon if the finger-pointing and self-centered whining doesn't stop. I wouldn't be surprised if Goltz and Pierce just made their way onto the "expendable" list. I don't think anyone is safe on this team and I don't think Miller is afraid to blow this thing up big-time if he determines that that's what needs to happen. Anyone else wanna start chirping their displeasure to the media? May as well get all the malcontents outa here sooner than later.

It's ridiculous to say he's whining, he's not whining he's down right pissed off and he has every right to be, they are screwing him just like they screwed Elliott and Brink. Such a waste of time for any developing QB to come to this joke of a franchise.

Goltz should have kept his mouth shut. At least with Buck he's been in the CFL for nearly a decade & probably has a coaching gig somewhere else when he retires. Goltz has one career start & has played in parts of 3 games in 3 years. Guy needs to zip it. He hasn't earned the right to say what he did. Like it was mentioned, yeah this is a Gong Show but his comments just made things worse. Feels betrayed in a career where performance, "What have you done for me today" is paramount & how players are judged? That's the law of the jungle. 

I couldn't have said it better myself. Goltz hasn't earned a damn thing.

It's ridiculous to say he's whining, he's not whining he's down right pissed off and he has every right to be, they are screwing him just like they screwed Elliott and Brink. Such a waste of time for any developing QB to come to this joke of a franchise.

He got a couple games to show what he could could do and was unimpressive. Now another guy is getting the same chance. How is that being screwed? The only person he should be pissed off with is himself for not playing better. Same goes for Pierce. They should keep their mouths shut and realize this is professional football not kindergarden. If either one of them gets another chance they'd do well to remember that.

I'm calling BS on this one. Burke was very vocal about how much he liked Pierce. Also calling BS on the price for Glenn being a 2nd rounder. Methinks Lawless is just trying to throw more **** on Joe Mack who he seemingly has something personal against. 

I agree. I can remember the reports saying sources in Calgary said the Stamps wanted Chris Matthews and then changed to wanting our second overall pick in the 2013 draft for Glenn.

well considering that Denmark was so good as a rookie but then took a step backwards, and apparently Mtthews is doing the same is it fair to say that our offensive coaches are so bad that players are actually regressing under them? 

I don't think it's fair to say that definitively.

But it's a possibility.