Riders expected to sign Will Ford

Couldn't we have traded our Ford in for a Jade ornament?

Are you asking if we could have traded for Etienne? Cause the Riders released him before the season started.

It was an apparently lame attempt at humour. But Etienne was exactly an ornament during his career- as desperate as the Riders are this year for NI receiver talent, he couldn't even make the PR.

Wow - so Ford is released and Sk picked him up - yes I agree good thing White had a huge game otherwise Edm could have signed him and he'd tell the Esks our game plan. Yikes!!!!! As for SK - Allen looked really good, if they end up releasing him if I'm Wpg I snap him up. Good guy to have in case Grigsby gets hurt. The new Thunder and lightning show . 

Wouldn't consider it unless we had a mess of injuries to RB's.

Obviously they see something in Bolton too cause he's here while Ford and Meggett are not.

I am more excited about our RB situation then I've been in a long time. I sincerely hope they can find a way to use both Grigsby and Cotton out there. I really want to see Cotton worked into the rotation and getting reps at RB, he's got quite the motor on him.

Forget the all star verdict as Ford is an average running back at best. I have no idea why Chamblin & Cortez are doing what they're doing. And I don't really care.

Y'know what?  Having mulled on this for a few hours I'm going to go ahead and say this might not be insane.

Ford isn't much for juking and jiving, can't really break tackles in a meaningful way, but if there's a hole he's going to hit it fast and hurt you.  Saskatchewan has a line that can actually make holes for a RB.  And ball security was never a problem for Ford, at least from what I remember.  This might be just what they need, and he might be a pretty good fit over there.

But making fun of them is nice too...

So if they decide to cut Allen, would you bring him in?

I'd like to see it.  At 220 he's a decent sized back and if he can be effective blocker that offers more protection for Willy.  He is more of a power back than a scat back  and I think that would compliment Grigsby or Cotton better and offer up a good change of pace.  He would give the Bombers a better option for sticking with the run in a tight game like the last one with Mtl.

Forget the all star verdict as Ford is an average running back at best. I have no idea why Chamblin & Cortez are doing what they're doing. And I don't really care.

Y'know what?  Having mulled on this for a few hours I'm going to go ahead and say this might not be insane.

Ford isn't much for juking and jiving, can't really break tackles in a meaningful way, but if there's a hole he's going to hit it fast and hurt you.  Saskatchewan has a line that can actually make holes for a RB.  And ball security was never a problem for Ford, at least from what I remember.  This might be just what they need, and he might be a pretty good fit over there.

But making fun of them is nice too...

I'll predict it now, "if" Ford sticks through the season with the RR O-Line making holes for him he will put up more yards than Grigsby in fewer games.  With Cotton I believe the Bombers have found the incarnation of Mack Herron.  He shouldn't be standing behind any other RB waiting to start.  Given the opportunity that little b*gger is going to bust it big.

I'd like to see it.  At 220 he's a decent sized back and if he can be effective blocker that offers more protection for Willy.  He is more of a power back than a scat back  and I think that would compliment Grigsby or Cotton better and offer up a change of pace.  He would give the Bombers a better option for sticking with the run in a tight game like the last one with Mtl.

I like Allen too and would like to see him with the Bombers but being another International who do we get rid of to fit him in? I know Ford is gone but he was on the IR. so we need to take another starter off to get him in somewhere. Idk. I'm happy with what we have at the moment.

I'd like to see it.  At 220 he's a decent sized back and if he can be effective blocker that offers more protection for Willy.  He is more of a power back than a scat back  and I think that would compliment Grigsby or Cotton better and offer up a change of pace.  He would give the Bombers a better option for sticking with the run in a tight game like the last one with Mtl.

I like Allen too and would like to see him with the Bombers but being another International who do we get rid of to fit him in? I know Ford is gone but he was on the IR. so we need to take another starter off to get him in somewhere. Idk. I'm happy with what we have at the moment.

I hate to say it but not Mack Herron.  How many Intl. backs do the RR have on their roster right now 4?

I hate to say it but not Mack Herron.  How many Intl. backs do the RR have on their roster right now 4?

Yes but they also have what 6 or 7 Canadians in their o line? They are more flexible with their ratio.