Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

I bet Montreal fans would disagree that Herb takes it easy on the Als.  Penton's CFL source didn't say the Bombers were worse then those teams.  He didn't say anything about those teams at all.  Don't get so heated at imaginary slights.  There are enough real ones when you're 1-5. 

As for where we are in relationship to those teams.  We are about to find out. 

I'm more disappointed they didn't bring in better I tackles. 

Well exactly.  If you are going to make the tackle position an Import position then at least bring in guys that are better than what you'd get with a Canadian playing there.  So far we've been playing imports at that position that are just wasted there as a Canadian could have been a turnstyle too.  One of the reasons I think the Riders are doing well is that they were able to convert Ben Heenan to tackle this year.  Swiston should be out there already.  Pencer should be there next year, backing up Swiston.  We have to get to 4 NI on the OL.  There's no point on having 3 if the import tackle is crap.  Keep January.  Make the other side an NI position.

I agree.  Seems to be how things work in this league.  The Bombers have some issues and it's blown into some massive deal with every single media clown with an axe to grind across Canada weighing in with their opinion.  Meanwhile, Montreal, Hamilton and Edmonton are at least 50 feet of crap below us right now and everything is apparently hunky-dory.  Herb Zurkowsky from Montreal has been one of Mack's biggest protagonists, even calling him a "moron" on Twitter IIRC, and yet here is the sports writer for a team that served up the biggest bowl of crap yet in 2013 last night.  Mind your own knitting guys.  We're down but we're not out.  The same can't be said for Montreal.  They look like a team that is on the verge of collapse.  In this league, you can never say that next year you are already dead.  You can go from zero to hero in one year.  It's been done many times before.

The thing is though Montreal and Edmonton have actually won fairly recently. Some hiccups are more acceptable. Hamilton? Well no one even cares about Hamilton so thats why they aren't mentioned with the Bombers as champions of futility. As soon as the Bombers win cup, a lot of this anger and frustration and pressure will subside and it will better for the club and fans alike.

Is our Canadian talent that much better now than 2009?  I would disagree with that.  Our receivers and running backs have gotten way better, but we've stagnated or gotten worse in pretty much every other spot.  OL is worse, DL is worse, DB is worse.

Don't get so heated at imaginary slights. 

Yes.  Zurkowsky tweeting "Mack is a moron" last year after firing Lapo is an "imaginary" slight.  I would hope Penton or Friesen or even Ed Tait returns the favour and tweets that Popp is a moron, now that the Als are imploding at the speed of light.

Edmonton is the biggest mess. everything about that organization is in over it's head. mtl and ham at least have proven guys like popp and austin.

as for us. who knows. maybe 2 years from now we'll be hearing about how the new guy is full of piss and vinegar and has a mandate to win.

Yes.  Zurkowsky tweeting "Mack is a moron" last year after firing Lapo is an "imaginary" slight.  I would hope Penton or Friesen or even Ed Tait returns the favour and tweets that Popp is a moron, now that the Als are imploding at the speed of light.

Those guys don't work for the Bombers.  It's not their job to defend them.  also, Jim Popp's record is slightly superior to Joe Mack's.  But yeah, a reporter shouldn't call a team exec a moron. 

If they're actually serious about getting rid of the leak, they should clear the entire board, guaranteeing that the one who leaked the news will be gone.  This "If we ever find out who did it, there will be consequences" is just the same hot air as we've heard from the board a hundred times.  They are not interested in real change, just keeping their spots.

If they're actually serious about getting rid of the leak, they should clear the entire board, guaranteeing that the one who leaked the news will be gone.  This "If we ever find out who did it, there will be consequences" is just the same hot air as we've heard from the board a hundred times.  They are not interested in real change, just keeping their spots.

Pretty much.

Is our Canadian talent that much better now than 2009?  I would disagree with that.  Our receivers and running backs have gotten way better, but we've stagnated or gotten worse in pretty much every other spot.  OL is worse, DL is worse, DB is worse.

overall depth is better for the NIs. We don't have a Doug Brown or Brendan Labatte right now who are at the top of the pedestal but the bottom part of the NI equation is so much better than it used to be it's not even funny. 

That's ridiculous.

This just in - Kavis Reed has been hired as a "special investigator" with a mandate to find the leak, and to also give recommendations on consequences.  Apparently fines are against the Director's collective bargaining agreement.

My thoughts:

- Shocked at Buchko being canned (though I rightly guessed there were some BOD/Buchko issues in a post I made yesterday).  There must have been some behind the scenes issues for the BOD to fall out of love with that guy.  But let's be honest, he came in with a lot of fanfare and many of us rightly pointed out that a glorifed salesman had no business being CEO of a pro Football team.  I'd assume some more info will come out about this.

- The Leak.  Lay off Lawless.  It's his JOB to report this.  And he claims he was contacted with the news.  What's he supposed to do, sit on it and let CJOB or someone else break the news?  I generally believe Buchko was NOT the leak or else he'd likely leak it to CJOB rather than TSN but his firing leads more credence to that possibility if the BOD let him know they werent happy with him.  Buchko reccomends firing Mack, BOD says "well, we'll consider it but Garth, we need to review everything here."  He says "fack it", goes on vacation and thats it.

- Wade Miller.  He's a football guy.  He runs a successful business.  I'm down.

If the chair can't determine who did it, he should resign.