Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

I almost spit out my morning coffee when Lawless tweeted that if Mack goes (which he will) and Walters gets the interim tag (he will) than Buck moves up the depth chart.

Good god, one step forward, 2 steps backwards with this organization.

They cease to amaze me...that is all.

The fact that they would consider going back to Buck ... just shows how incredibly ****** up our organization is at pretty much every level.

It also shows you how incredibly stupid Tim Burke is.

Let's look at the state of our franchise right now.

-- We have a GM who is about to be fired, but hasn't been yet. But everyone knows it's happening.

-- Our board of directors leaks to the media who uses it to write a story, then writes another story the next day criticizing that person for sharing the information.

-- Our offensive coordinator is about to have his playcalling privileges removed.

-- Our head coach, who already admitted he doesn't know much about our offense, is going to put his trust back in our broken down old vet QB.

So basically, we have a GM but not really. An OC who does nothing. A QB carousel with zero results from any of them. A HC who doesn't know our offense but still can't help himself from meddling in it.

And on top of that, if Buck goes back in now that Mack goes, it shows you that it wasn't Mack who wanted Buck back to begin with YET he's the one taking the bullet for that god awful decision.

What the **** is wrong with this team???????

He also said Crowton won't be calling plays.  That's interesting. 

He also pointed out that Mack's hiring was also leaked by the board.  Just some historical perspective. 

Anyway, hopefully it will take a few months to hire a new GM because without Joe Mack to debate anymore what will we do?  Let's start with this.  What if Sask doesn't want to lose local hero and up and comer Jeremey O'Day and they let Taman walk.  How would you feel about Brendan coming back to run the Bombers?

You'd have to consider Taman if he was a possibility. He's put together a Grey Cup team and is well on his way to another. The problem is...would he want to come back and deal with the goofs on the BOD who want all the control and place all sorts of limits and restrictions. Can't think of too many interested in coming into this type of scenario.

I'm so frustrated by this because while I know it had to happen, it's also becoming evident that nothing is going to get fixed as long as Tim Burke is still head coach.

Hire a qualified and experienced GM, no matter what the cost, and that will take care of itself.  Nothing is getting fixed this year anyway. 

When this first broke I thought that the leak must have been orchestrated because no professional BOD would let a leak like that out.  As more info has come out, I've changed my mind.  My mistake was thinking that our BOD was a professional organization.  

The board member(s) who leaked this obviously wanted the decision sooner rather than later and didn't care how they got it.  That is very unprofessional IMHO.  That member or members should be removed from the board during the 'Fire Mack' meeting.  

Once the defecation hit the rotary oscillator (S*** hit the fan) Buchko should have immediately contacted Mack and told him what was going on.  It's unprofessional and cowardly not to tell Mack.

Buchko shouldn't have made a recommendation anywhere near as huge as firing the GM right before he went on vacation, heck he shouldn't plan a vacation during the season at all.  He knew there were leaks on the board, so he knew the info would get to the media.  Did he use the leak to have Mack fired in his absence?  If so, getting rid of him should be the next on the BOD's to do list.  If not, then he is an idiot and getting rid of him should be the next thing on the BOD's to do list anyway.

As for the Buck goes back to #2... it was announced before the Mack story broke, so I don't think the two things are related.

As for the Buck goes back to #2... it was announced before the Mack story broke, so I don't think the two things are related.

Nobody is ever going to convince me that Burke isn't Buck's main supporter in the organization.

When you come out and bluntly say "if he wasn't such a nice guy, he'd probably be gone by now" then you know something is wrong with that entire scenario.

I'm so frustrated by this because while I know it had to happen, it's also becoming evident that nothing is going to get fixed as long as Tim Burke is still head coach.

Yes but...who hired Burke?  How was he evaluated? The whole thing is a vicious circle. 

Nobody is ever going to convince me that Burke isn't Buck's main supporter in the organization.

When you come out and bluntly say "if he wasn't such a nice guy, he'd probably be gone by now" then you know something is wrong with that entire scenario.

This whole things flies in the face of everything that's been communicated the last week or so .. that the team needs to turn the page on Buck .. that they need continuity and stability at the position .. what a giant clusterfuck .. honestly .. I like Burke .. but if he *IS* driving that decision .. the flip flop .. the mixed messages ... it's killing this team.

I don't disagree that Burke loves Buck for some reason that I can't see or that there is something seriously wrong in Bomberville.  I don't see the Mack and Buck situations being related due to the timing of both 'announcements'.

Where will Wade be getting his prominent role?  On the board or on the team?  Isn't it a bit of a conflict considering Pinnacle is a big sponsor of the Bombers and his brother being a REF in the CFL?  Maybe it won't be but i'd like to know what role he will be getting.

Well you're going to find out in about ten minutes ;)