Coaching differences....

Brandon

Do you recall us losing to the Renegades in 2002?

Yes of course it can happen.  My question pertains more to what are the RedBlacks actual strengths?  Did anyone see them in pre-season?

Pre-season doesn't mean much with vanilla schemes and a bunch of players who end up getting cut.   And since they don't play this week, we are going to have to wait for next week.

And that can be an advantage for them, no real game film.

One game, guys. What if we lose 28-3 to the redblacks? Let's give MOS & the new regime like at least another 9 games before we start talking winning streaks or COTY. This is going to take time to put the right pieces into the puzzle. It appears we're on the right track but it's way too early yet.

I know my COTY prediction happened BEFORE opening night. ISO, I had a terrible feeling about last season, and it started in March and I called it as such. Not saying I'm right all the time and frankly anyone looking at the bombers from an objective eye called it last year. 

This year, I'm not there, can only judge from what I've seen on the bomber app (press conferences) and what I saw in he preseason games, but I liked very much what I saw/heard. A much better feeling, and I'd still be calling Mike O as COTY even if we had lost that first game because you're right, it's a looooong season and I was thinking the bombers would be getting stronger as the season progressed. 

The Argo game blew me away, we have a legit shot of being 2 - 0 to start the season, so there's nothing wrong with being excited. 

Funny, how so many people (over on our bombers) jumped down my throat, how I didn't know what I was talking about with the two QB's we signed, when I went ballistic on this organisation back in March last year. 

What I didn't expect was post like yours after positive comments.

I really really doubt any Bomber fans have visions of hoisting the Grey Cup in Vancouver in  5 months, but lets treat this for what this is. A much better attitude, a 1000% improvement in coaching, finally a QB we can actually get behind emotionally (you once asked me why I hated Hall - more than once - to be honest I could care less about Hall, or Buck, or Chase, or Justin, or Joey, or Alex - emotionally indifferent was what you saw from me because I knew none of those QB's were going to be around long). 

So, not only am I going to be positive this year in wins,  but as I've proven in the preseason, in losses too. I finally see a team that can progress, not regress. 

I still have one disappointment, we still can't find our own QB. I'm hoping Marve can be that 'guy' that WE find, as opposed to being a vulture and picking off of other teams. I'm not 'emotionally' invested in Marve yet, but I'm definitely not in the 'could care less' camp about him (Brohm, different story). 

One game, guys. What if we lose 28-3 to the redblacks? Let's give MOS & the new regime like at least another 9 games before we start talking winning streaks or COTY. This is going to take time to put the right pieces into the puzzle. It appears we're on the right track but it's way too early yet.

I know my COTY prediction happened BEFORE opening night. ISO, I had a terrible feeling about last season, and it started in March and I called it as such. Not saying I'm right all the time and frankly anyone looking at the bombers from an objective eye called it last year. 

This year, I'm not there, can only judge from what I've seen on the bomber app (press conferences) and what I saw in he preseason games, but I liked very much what I saw/heard. A much better feeling, and I'd still be calling Mike O as COTY even if we had lost that first game because you're right, it's a looooong season and I was thinking the bombers would be getting stronger as the season progressed. 

The Argo game blew me away, we have a legit shot of being 2 - 0 to start the season, so there's nothing wrong with being excited. 

Funny, how so many people (over on our bombers) jumped down my throat, how I didn't know what I was talking about with the two QB's we signed, when I went ballistic on this organisation back in March last year. 

What I didn't expect was post like yours after positive comments.

I really really doubt any Bomber fans have visions of hoisting the Grey Cup in Vancouver in  5 months, but lets treat this for what this is. A much better attitude, a 1000% improvement in coaching, finally a QB we can actually get behind emotionally (you once asked me why I hated Hall - more than once - to be honest I could care less about Hall, or Buck, or Chase, or Justin, or Joey, or Alex - emotionally indifferent was what you saw from me because I knew none of those QB's were going to be around long). 

So, not only am I going to be positive this year in wins,  but as I've proven in the preseason, in losses too. I finally see a team that can progress, not regress. 

I still have one disappointment, we still can't find our own QB. I'm hoping Marve can be that 'guy' that WE find, as opposed to being a vulture and picking off of other teams. I'm not 'emotionally' invested in Marve yet, but I'm definitely not in the 'could care less' camp about him (Brohm, different story). 

is you back sore at all?

you should take a break from patting it so often.

I wanted to bring this thread up again...

When the team was down 21-7 they showed O Shea.... He did not throw a hissy fit with his hair a mess and face red (berry) he also didn't have a blank lost sad look (Lapo and Burke).

He had the same look when down by 14 and also up by 5 near the end of the game.

I also noticed on offense that they attacked... At no point did they swing a short pass on second and long.

This team actually ran a flea flicker effectively.

They ran sweeps...

They had a shovel pass and plays designed for the blitz.

They made adjustments!!

Th differences in coaching is night and day!

I liked that after the one stupid penalty, he got over into the ear of the coordinator who was responsible for the player.

And then he made sure to voice his displeasure.  No yelling, no screaming, no getting in the face of the player.... just a message "We do not need those sorts of penalties"

O'shea was a pretty cool customer

Thus far he sure seems to being doing the right things other than just planning the football x's and o's.

Things like clapping to the fans at the end of the game, things like his approach with players personal situations both good and bad, things like his approach with his coaching staff. 

This is called respect and seeing the bigger picture of what all this means.

I'm a fan, how can you not cheer for him?

The team is playing to win and not playing to lose.

That is the single most important difference between this year and other year's in recent history.  41 seconds left int he half and they are looking to move the ball downfield and put points on the board.

re: the flea flicker

That was executed really well ... but the one DB on Ottawa did a great job of not letting the primary target fly by and we didn't end up getting a big gain. Good play by whatever expansion DB that was. Good play by Willy to not panic and still make it a positive play.

I am 100% sold on O'Shea as head coach. The attitude of the team is a complete 180 from last year and it's led to not only wins but enjoyable games. Even if they'd lost last night the way they fought back was impressive and much better to see than the rolling over and dying Tim Burke era. 

O'Shea -The man is moxie in shorts and a sweatshirt.

O'Shea-isms - "creating a culture of winning and I'm so thrilled to be part of that" - That's one of the first things O'Shea said when he was hired.

- "you have to trust your players" - yesterday on the decision to throw the ball deep on the 2nd and 7 late in the game.

- "Quarterbacks are in charge of winning!" - firmly believes in this.

- "coming from behind reveals more of what they (players) thought they could do."