Coaching differences....

Brandon

As much as I've been hating on Etchevary, I really enjoyed watching his defence last night. Dunn did very well in the "dollar" position and it really seemed like we got a healthy dose of Wild and Kuale. Seemed like they were in there at the right times.

Love that we basically had a 4 man front all night except for a few 3 mans.

Secondary looks pretty exceptional to go along with a good front seven

As much as I've been hating on Etchevary, I really enjoyed watching his defence last night. Dunn did very well in the "dollar" position and it really seemed like we got a healthy dose of Wild and Kuale. Seemed like they were in there at the right times.

Love that we basically had a 4 man front all night except for a few 3 mans.

Secondary looks pretty exceptional to go along with a good front seven

They moved the guys around in the front 7 like crazy though, pre-snap too.  I think Turner and Vega lined up in every gap during the course of the game.

It's such an advantage for the defense if they can screw with the QB's pre-snap reads nowadays.  Tackling needs to stay strong though.  I was glad to see that because they struggled somewhat in the pre-season, admittedly with a lot of cuts/non-contributors in there.

I really like the new additions in the secondary, Randle, Johnson and Leggett especially.  Will be interesting to see what happens with Suber and Banks.  How do you sit one of those guys or someone like Dunn after that game?

Obviously Ray is respecting the defense on weakside and forced to picked on the strongside side.

Bucknor and Johnson got 6 tackles a piece while Washington and Randle got 3 combined.

Is Suber/Alexander combo better than Johnson/Bucknor combo on the strongside?

Obviously Ray is respecting the defense on weakside and forced to picked on the strongside side.

Bucknor and Johnson got 6 tackles a piece while Washington and Randle got 3 combined.

Not sure how you can make any lineup changes after that game...  

Alexander is probably a little better than Bucknor.  Bucknor hesitates a lot, but to his credit he kept everything in front of him and finished plays last night.  Better to give up 11 yards and a first down than a 50 yard run after catch.

Not sure how you can make any lineup changes after that game...  

I would say Alexander/Bucknor rotating on the corner is better than Bucknor/Jones. Alexander's experience expecially on this D will help strengthen the D on that side.

I'm not sure about Suber vs. Johnson. Obviously Johnson has the size advantage but Suber plays bigger than his own size.

Re Banks, I have a feeling that he will stays on that IR. Sears play last night should buy him another start on Dime position. So does Dunn on Dollar.

Positive all those extra coaches helped everyone be so prepared. 

Anyone catch that O'Shea sees Kyle Walters as a coach?  Any other GM's like that in the league?

Looked like Jim Barker thought he was the head coach last night.  Kind of crazy to see the GM on the field arguing with the officials.

I didn't notice that but I did chuckle at the shot of Barker standing right behind Milanovich at the start of the 2nd half scowling with his arms crossed while Milanovich uncomfortably fidgeted with his headset.

Positive all those extra coaches helped everyone be so prepared. 

Anyone catch that O'Shea sees Kyle Walters as a coach?  Any other GM's like that in the league?

Looked like Jim Barker thought he was the head coach last night.  Kind of crazy to see the GM on the field arguing with the officials.

I didn't notice that but I did chuckle at the shot of Barker standing right behind Milanovich at the start of the 2nd half scowling with his arms crossed while Milanovich uncomfortably fidgeted with his headset.

It was after the play in the back of the endzone on Argo 3rd down where Washington got called for unnecessary roughness but they called the penalty as occurring after the change of possession, giving the Bombers the ball -15 yards.

It was Murray Clarke calling it as the back judge, he does owe us a few dozen calls.

The Coaching differences all start and end with Mike O'Shea.

His strength in the total belief in his assistants is compelling. He's passionate in his belief that they will do their jobs as he expects them to and then, he lets them do just that.

It didn't take very long to change the culture of the coaching aspect and it is simply because Kyle Walters hired the right leader for the job.

I both loved and hated that man when he played MLB against us, and now I'm just thankful he's our Head Coach.

Etch had some great plays drawn up to get pressure on frito.. It was nice to see him look unpolished for once..

Moe leggett is "that" safety we have been waiting for.. Plays very confident back there for a cfl rookie and hits like a beast.. Secondary was excellent as a whole as well with very nice coverage and some solid step up coverage by LBs..

Holy crap I love Leggett.  He just hammered that guy in midair.  It was awesomesauciness.

He's like a bigger, faster, meaner version of terry ray.. Now we just need to see him crush a dude into puking on the sidelines a la woodcock..

Etch had some great plays drawn up to get pressure on frito.. It was nice to see him look unpolished for once..

Moe leggett is "that" safety we have been waiting for.. Plays very confident back there for a cfl rookie and hits like a beast.. Secondary was excellent as a whole as well with very nice coverage and some solid step up coverage by LBs..

Holy crap I love Leggett.  He just hammered that guy in midair.  It was awesomesauciness.

Amazing how the bomber faithful finally have a legit QB to get behind (and I know there's some bad games there to be had, but Willy looks like the real deal to me - and I'll shout out Mr.Perfect as well for calling it - good job sir) but Cauchy in the safety position last year was worse than our QBing - he couldn't tackle (he was afraid actually - I know, I play football the same way, but I'm not paid to play lol... been paid not to though) and he had no idea where to be on the field in passing situations. Time and time again he was always on the wrong side of the field. Was he even in a training camp this year? 

My heart lept to my throat when Leggett when down. Does anyone know what that injury was, and is it something that may come back? We need him out there.

I thought he came back in the second half...

He's like a bigger, faster, meaner version of terry ray.. Now we just need to see him crush a dude into puking on the sidelines a la woodcock..

Uh...it's a woodCHUCK..hello.  Geez.

;)

The Coaching differences all start and end with Mike O'Shea.

His strength in the total belief in his assistants is compelling. He's passionate in his belief that they will do their jobs as he expects them to and then, he lets them do just that.

It didn't take very long to change the culture of the coaching aspect and it is simply because Kyle Walters hired the right leader for the job.

I both loved and hated that man when he played MLB against us, and now I'm just thankful he's our Head Coach.

It's been one week but already I feel like this coaching regime is heading in the right direction.. I despised O'Shea as a player and as a st coach cuz he ALWAYS caught us napping.. Sometimes twice a game.. I truly believe tho he will continue to improve and grow as a coach and who knows, dark horse candidate for coach of the year?

Yeah, I'm really just kinda giggling about how this board gets after a win. Need to keep an even keel and remember where we were last year. Things just don't turn around that quickly. Let's hope for a competitive game vs Ottawa and continued signs of progression. If everything regresses to last year -type levels, then this place is going to melt down. #FireEveryone

Hey we're all excited about what we saw on opening night, but we're also bomber fans, we should all be aware that it can all go to hell in the span of a week. 

Yep, seen it here in the past & with other teams as well. Turning a losing culture into a winning one doesn't happen overnight. 

Yeah, I'm really just kinda giggling about how this board gets after a win. Need to keep an even keel and remember where we were last year. Things just don't turn around that quickly. Let's hope for a competitive game vs Ottawa and continued signs of progression. If everything regresses to last year -type levels, then this place is going to melt down. #FireEveryone

To be fair that wasn't just a win. When was the last time you saw the bombers play that complete of a game and take it to another team basically start to finish. I think the reaction wouldn't be the same if we'd won 24-21. I think the reaction in this case is driven more by how they won than the fact they won.

Is there any chance in hell the Bombers can lose to the RedBlacks?  What are their actual strengths other than Burris?

of course there's a chance, as has been said up thread, the Bombers of the past few seasons were experts at finding a way to lose.