Coaching differences....

Brandon

We went for several 3rd downs when clearly Lapo/Burke would of cowered and went for the pun/fg.

This team looked WAAAAAAAAY more prepared then anything we saw in the last 3 years.  

Very little penalties on our part... guys seemed focus.

Didn't see any stupid Swaggerville like idiot players dancing around or getting over emotional.

Toronto had giant cue cards with Tubas???  We did not...

The team made adjustments after Toronto started coming back.....   

Barely any 2 and outs and no designed plays on 2nd and long which were designed to only gain 2 yards....

Huge difference from last year!

Etch had some great plays drawn up to get pressure on frito.. It was nice to see him look unpolished for once..

Moe leggett is "that" safety we have been waiting for.. Plays very confident back there for a cfl rookie and hits like a beast.. Secondary was excellent as a whole as well with very nice coverage and some solid step up coverage by LBs..

Have no issue with players celebrating after a big tsn turning point type of play which demonds fumble return was. "interception". That was a big play, celebrate away, this isn't the NFL, guys can celebrate all they want.  Happened after a pick by Willy, was a huge play in the game, argos had some momentum, bombers took it away. 

Differences? I'd say just having the confidence to go for it at times, we haven't seen that in a while here, the in game coaching, o'shea talking to woods after the return, to me it did look like the ball didn't end up in the endzone but i dunno, but still o'shea coached woods up afterwards. Didn't see that in a while, saw coaches screaming at players lots last season though.

It was just one game but you know what, we needed that one game.. gives us something to be happy about, to be positive, sure some will point out negatives, honestly never will understand people who point out the negatives after a HUGE win that nobody NOBODY expected us to win. Seriously, be the first to admit, i thought the score might be the other way around.. argos 45 bombers 21. I was wrong and am glad i was. Can nitpick about stupid things all we want but you know what... Screw it, we won and it was exciting and it gives us all something to be happy about and be positive about. No need for negativity after a game like that. 

most points we scored in a half last season 14. Tonight 24. Most points scored last year was like 38, tonight 45. Things weren't perfect, some issues on special teams for sure... but you know what... overall, it was what the team, hell, it was what this city needed. 

Etch had some great plays drawn up to get pressure on frito.. It was nice to see him look unpolished for once..

Moe leggett is "that" safety we have been waiting for.. Plays very confident back there for a cfl rookie and hits like a beast.. Secondary was excellent as a whole as well with very nice coverage and some solid step up coverage by LBs..

Holy crap I love Leggett.  He just hammered that guy in midair.  It was awesomesauciness.

We went for several 3rd downs when clearly Lapo/Burke would of cowered and went for the pun/fg.

This team looked WAAAAAAAAY more prepared then anything we saw in the last 3 years.  

Very little penalties on our part... guys seemed focus.

Didn't see any stupid Swaggerville like idiot players dancing around or getting over emotional.

Toronto had giant cue cards with Tubas???  We did not...

The team made adjustments after Toronto started coming back.....   

Barely any 2 and outs and no designed plays on 2nd and long which were designed to only gain 2 yards....

Huge difference from last year!

It was like this in the preseason too - something I've been wanting to mention but keep forgettng. I've never seen a bomber team with such discipline. I can't remember how many penalties we had against Toronto in our first exhibition game but we only had 2 against Calgary and yesterdays game, the only 'bad' penalty we had was the too many men one (which cost us) but in game one I can excuse that (not in a Grey Cup lol). 

And you're right to mention that in a thread like this. Penalties to me has always been a reflection of the personality of the team, which you get from your coach. 

Holy crap I love Leggett.  He just hammered that guy in midair.  It was awesomesauciness.

Amazing how the bomber faithful finally have a legit QB to get behind (and I know there's some bad games there to be had, but Willy looks like the real deal to me - and I'll shout out Mr.Perfect as well for calling it - good job sir) but Cauchy in the safety position last year was worse than our QBing - he couldn't tackle (he was afraid actually - I know, I play football the same way, but I'm not paid to play lol... been paid not to though) and he had no idea where to be on the field in passing situations. Time and time again he was always on the wrong side of the field. Was he even in a training camp this year? 

My heart lept to my throat when Leggett when down. Does anyone know what that injury was, and is it something that may come back? We need him out there. 

Gonna say it, that was not what i expected from an ETCH defence. It looked like a normal CFL defence, nothing too silly at all, lots of pressure on Ray all game long, could have probably had 10 sacks, What a performance, did not see this coming at all. 

Elements of what made his defence unique in the past have been incorporated by other teams over the last 5 years.

At times there was a lot of movement on the line, guys dropping out or moving up, but not on every single play.  I can definitely see why picking out who was pressuring/blitzing was tough.

Jason Barnes will always know where Leggett will be from now on when he runs his routes. #messingwithhismindandbody

I yelled at them "CALL THE WOODCHUCK" on more than one occasion, but to no avail.  No chance the Bombers would have been able to stop the woodchuck play.  Obs.

Dude you can't just call the woodchuck nonchalantly like that.  It's the WOODCHUCK for crying out loud.  The very fabric of time and space could explode if you just randomly use the woodchuck any old time.

...HAVE SOME RESPECT!

I yelled at them "CALL THE WOODCHUCK" on more than one occasion, but to no avail.  No chance the Bombers would have been able to stop the woodchuck play.  Obs.

Dude you can't just call the woodchuck nonchalantly like that.  It's the WOODCHUCK for crying out loud.  The very fabric of time and space could explode if you just randomly use the woodchuck any old time.

...HAVE SOME RESPECT!

WOODCHUCK play is worth 14 points.  It's in the rules.