Buchko, Mack Afraid To Answer The Bell?

I'd rather see actions rather than words also, and am really hoping there there were more than one meeting of the minds and some genuine communication on how to get back on track.

As mentioned, when Mack does do pressers, he gets mocked and ridiculed anyways by those who apt to do so, so what's the point? Announcement will be made when there are announcements to be made.

Only actions will calm the masses at this point, and we are waiting.....somewhat less patiently.

I care what Mack has to say because this is his team. He hired the HC. he brings in the players. How can you ask if anyone cares what Mack has to say??? Everytime there's a problem the guy turtles & runs. That seems to be his answer.

Ok let me fill you in....

Media: Joe , Your team stinks , what is the problem?

Mack: We aren't winning football games. We need to get better. We will fix it.

Media: But Joe , Burke said that we could judge this team after 4 weeks and it's week 5.....and the teamisn't looking any better?

Mack: We need to get better in all areas. The product on the field  isn't good enough. We need to improve. We will find new players if we have to. We will get better.

Media: What message do you want to send to the Bomber fans that are upset with how the season is going?

Mack: We appreciate your support, the fans deserver better from us and I promise we will work harder to put a better product on the field. We will get better.

There ya go, feel better now? I hope you realise that what Joe Mack says , means nothing. If we were 5-0 would you care what Joe Mack has to say? What he says wont change anything...nothing at all. It's what he DOES that matters.

One of the reasons Buchko should be front and center is for this reason. His job is to make sure the club does well financially. I remember last year when a whole lot of guys would say:"If you don't keep your ticket, there will be all kind of others wanting it". Here we are in a brand new stadium and after three games there are already about 5,000 who did not return from the first game. There is nothing to say the trend will not continue after the bad game last Friday. Putting butts in the seats should be his concern and right now he has to convince the fans who walk up to the ticket office it's worth their while to keep coming to the stadium.

The fans right now are not happy and they want to know what's up. The senior management needs to step up and rally the troops because that is part of their job. They remain silent and the fans will punish them while punishing the whole operation.

One of the reasons Buchko should be front and center is for this reason. His job is to make sure the club does well financially. I remember last year when a whole lot of guys would say:"If you don't keep your ticket, there will be all kind of others wanting it". Here we are in a brand new stadium and after three games there are already about 5,000 who did not return from the first game. There is nothing to say the trend will not continue after the bad game last Friday. Putting butts in the seats should be his concern and right now he has to convince the fans who walk up to the ticket office it's worth their while to keep coming to the stadium.

The fans right now are not happy and they want to know what's up. The senior management needs to step up and rally the troops because that is part of their job. They remain silent and the fans will punish them while punishing the whole operation.

I get what you're saying but lets put this in perspective. The OG quote from the Sun that started this was just saying that an interview or comment from Mack and Garth was denied.....On a Sunday, and only specifically to the Winnipeg Sun. Just because one media outlet calls the Bombers on a Sunday doesn't mean Mack is going to drop whatever he is doing and hold a press conference.

I don't believe for a second that anything anyone says would cause people to either go to the games or not go to the games anyway. You know what puts asses in the seats? Touchdowns and lots of em, you want to get people in there then start scoring some more points and winning some games and people will show up. 

Do you recall him doing significantly more interviews in 2011, when we were a good team?

I recall after the 52-0 loss in Regina last year or whatever the damned score was after he fired LaPo. He refused to  talk to the media from the day of the game Sunday to the following Thursday. Yeah, he turtles. He runs. He just makes things worse.

Really, why are you guys ragging on the Winnipeg Sun?

I can think of a number of reasons the Winnipeg Sun could be a valuable asset to the Winnipeg Football Club if they would just work with them ...

For starters, the Winnipeg Sun is

SORRY! You have read your 20 complimentary Mike Posts this month.

Please subscribe to gain full access.

Really, why are you guys ragging on the Winnipeg Sun?

I can think of a number of reasons the Winnipeg Sun could be a valuable asset to the Winnipeg Football Club if they would just work with them ...

For starters, the Winnipeg Sun is

SORRY! You have read your 20 complimentary Mike Posts this month.

Please subscribe to gain full access.

oh crap.  I'll have to find a work-around.  Oh I know, I'll just start opening MBB in Chrome instead of Mozilla.  Problem fixed.

I recall after the 52-0 loss in Regina last year or whatever the damned score was after he fired LaPo. He refused to  talk to the media from the day of the game Sunday to the following Thursday. Yeah, he turtles. He runs. He just makes things worse.

So he had a press conference before the next game was played? Sounds reasonable.

So you don't recall him doing more interviews when we were good compared to now?

So he had a press conference before the next game was played? Sounds reasonable.

So you don't recall him doing more interviews when we were good compared to now?

Come on, quit making dumb excuses for the guy. Burke hid in his office for days afraid to come out. He just canned LaPo & then the team stunk the joint out. He had no desire to talk to anyone. The team made him face the fans & media. Seriously man, this wasn't even a year ago. Quit trying to twist things around. It's always easier to face the music when you win. In Mack's case, July to September 2011 was the only time he won. Or do you conveniently forget that, too?

Come on, quit making dumb excuses for the guy. Burke hid in his office for days afraid to come out. He just canned LaPo & then the team stunk the joint out. He had no desire to talk to anyone. The team made him face the fans & media. Seriously man, this wasn't even a year ago. Quit trying to twist things around. It's always easier to face the music when you win. In Mack's case, July to September 2011 was the only time he won. Or do you conveniently forget that, too?

What excuse did I make? What am I twisting around? The example you gave is one where he gave an interview within a week of the game. If you don't like the reality of that give a better example.

Is it true or false that he didn't do many interviews in our Grey Cup season either?

What excuse did I make? What am I twisting around? The example you gave is one where he gave an interview within a week of the game. If you don't like the reality of that give a better example.

Is it true or false that he didn't do many interviews in our Grey Cup season either?

Go back, drink your specialty made Mack Kool Aid. Mack hid out the entire week. You know it. You can twist it any way you want, Joe.

Well, whatever the problem  Burke doesn't sound too concerned because it's pretty much status quo for the next game per his show tonight. Sounds like it's a tweak here, a tweak there and let's hope it works. He was happy to announce Simpson had a better average per carry than Cornish.

Okay guys. In 3 months he'll be gone if the losing continues.  Then all you guys can tearfully tear down your Joe Mack posters in your bedrooms. ;) The man is Dead Man Walking.

Which is fine, but quit trying to portray a story that isn't there.

BTW, still waiting for you to answer the question re : 2011

I really don't understand why the Bombers continue to butt heads with the media in this town. They know that refusing their requests is only going to throw gas on the fire. Who is in charge of media relations for the club......that's the person who should fired.

As for Mack, he's basically out of the coat tails he has been riding on since he took over the team and now his handy work is starting to show, the media are going to come down real hard on him very shortly. A loss in BC will basically light the fuse.

Okay guys. In 3 months he'll be gone if the losing continues.  Then all you guys can tearfully tear down your Joe Mack posters in your bedrooms. ;) The man is Dead Man Walking.

Which is fine, but quit trying to portray a story that isn't there.

BTW, still waiting for you to answer the question re : 2011

I'd say no because the only winning record this dude had was between July & September. Other than that it's been Just Lose, Baby!