Buchko, Mack Afraid To Answer The Bell?

Okay guys. In 3 months he'll be gone if the losing continues.  Then all you guys can tearfully tear down your Joe Mack posters in your bedrooms. ;) The man is Dead Man Walking.

I don't disagree, but as I've always said ... people have enough ammunition to tear Mack apart without making stuff up or spinning details.

I don't disagree, but as I've always said ... people have enough ammunition to tear Mack apart without making stuff up or spinning details.

Mike, maybe you're right. Obviously some frustrations on my part are coming into play here with the way the team is playing. The next 2 monts are going to be important as to the future of the team so we'll see what happens.

i would love to fire mack now.. But that is just out of anger and would not accomplish anything unless kyle walters (sp) has a better relationships with other gms in the league and can make something to happen to solve alot of our issues quickly.. But there is no way to know wtf is going on :) 

My main concern is the December expansion draft & the direction this team will go in the off season if we don't start winning now & winning often. Why the draft is being held in December & not late January or early February just before FA starts is beyond me. Teams if they make changes, make them after the Grey Cup. January is when they hire replacement coaches & GMs. Makes no sense.

What if he Mack came out this week said we are going to let Goltz play out the rest of the season. Saying that they feel that he has all the tools to be a successful starting quarterback in this league and all that he needs is time behind centre. Knowing that would you guys accept another 6-12 season or worse seeing  whether Goltz is the answer or not? What reaction would that generate?(Not that this would ever happen just a hypothetical)

What if he Mack came out this week said we are going to let Goltz play out the rest of the season. Saying that they feel that he has all the tools to be a successful starting quarterback in this league and all that he needs is time behind centre. Knowing that would you guys accept another 6-12 season or worse seeing  whether Goltz is the answer or not? What reaction would that generate?(Not that this would ever happen just a hypothetical)

I would 100% support writing off the season to develop our next starting QB. Every year we try to "win" with Buck is a year wasted.

It didn't work with Cleo Lemon, but you have to respect the Argos for at least trying.

I would 100% support writing off the season to develop our next starting QB. Every year we try to "win" with Buck is a year wasted.

It didn't work with Cleo Lemon, but you have to respect the Argos for at least trying.

the problem is most of the unwashed masses would start screaming that Goltz was useless if he didn't immediately start winning. Hell we already saw people ready to throw him back to the bench after his first career start. 

the problem is most of the unwashed masses would start screaming that Goltz was useless if he didn't immediately start winning. Hell we already saw people ready to throw him back to the bench after his first career start. 

Exactly the thoughts I was having. Goltz gets one start and does not get a win and a lot of people not just fans but in the media are ready to throw him on to the trash heap. Its the exact reason why this franchise has not developed there own quarter back in over 30 years.

Exactly the thoughts I was having. Goltz gets one start and does not get a win and a lot of people not just fans but in the media are ready to throw him on to the trash heap. Its the exact reason why this franchise has not developed there own quarter back in over 30 years.

There's more to it than that. Your explanation is way too simplistic. Developing qbs  mean having a coach to coach them. We have no qb coach & haven't for years. We don't do enough as an organization to develop qbs. To me, the Bombers aren't 100% totally committed to doing that & haven't been for years. This team develops running backs but not qbs.

I'd rather see actions rather than words also, and am really hoping there there were more than one meeting of the minds and some genuine communication on how to get back on track.

As mentioned, when Mack does do pressers, he gets mocked and ridiculed anyways by those who apt to do so, so what's the point? Announcement will be made when there are announcements to be made.

Only actions will calm the masses at this point, and we are waiting.....somewhat less patiently.

"hey mack and buchko, come out so we can insult, belittle and trash you in print!"

is what i get from a sun request for an interview..

Sure is easy to blame all the Bomber problems on the writers from the Winnipeg Sun. Talk about a convenient crutch for some of you.

what the hell are you talking about? No one is doing anything but telling it how it is with the sun. Penton might be an OK reporter but he's still guilty by association with that rag. 

Sorry, there's always bitching about the Sun. There may be negative articles but let's face it, this team doesn't do anything to help itself. I just get tired of hearing about it.

if you can't see the anti-bomber slant that the sun has.been wielding for the last 5 seasons, your either not reading it or out of touch... in countless.articles they have gone out of their way to aim their "points" or "opinions" in such a negative light.. sometimes without any corroborating evidence. they have managed to twist things beyond belief to keep it this way

impartiality would be great. just once..

if you can't see the anti-bomber slant that the sun has.been wielding for the last 5 seasons, your either not reading it or out of touch... in countless.articles they have gone out of their way to aim their "points" or "opinions" in such a negative light.. sometimes without any corroborating evidence. they have managed to twist things beyond belief to keep it this way

impartiality would be great. just once..

A winning season would be great, too. Back to back winning seasons would be a dream. The stuff of miracles. ;)

Sorry, there's always bitching about the Sun. There may be negative articles but let's face it, this team doesn't do anything to help itself. I just get tired of hearing about it.  

When is the last time you actually saw a copy of the Winnipeg Sun? Out of curiosity, of course. It's just... the Sun is such a rag, cover to cover...

When is the last time you actually saw a copy of the Winnipeg Sun? Out of curiosity, of course. It's just... the Sun is such a rag, cover to cover...

It's the same here in Calgary. It's a friggin' tabloid. It's supposed to be a rag. When a newspaper has Sunshine Girls, are you expecting Pulitzer Prize writers? But sometimes I feel that members here vent on the Sun & Freep knowing the team sucks just out of vindictiveness. The anger should be directed at chronic mismanagement & lousy coaching instead. Not football reporters. 

It's the same here in Calgary. It's a friggin' tabloid. It's supposed to be a rag. When a newspaper has Sunshine Girls, are you expecting Pulitzer Prize writers? But sometimes I feel that members here vent on the Sun & Freep knowing the team sucks just out of vindictiveness. The anger should be directed at chronic mismanagement & lousy coaching instead. Not football reporters. 

What get's me is the factual errors in their articles. Even Ed Tait (Freep) said in his latest article that the Bombers have only thrown for 2 TD's through 5 games this season. I mean... come on.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/so-many-problems-217546701.html

DIRECT QUOTE: Fact: The Bombers, as a team, threw for only 16 passing TDs a year ago and are on a slower pace this season with just two through the first five games.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Chris Matthews was the first Bomber to catch a TD at IGF, and J Detain scored another 2 in our most recent game against Calgary... this is only off the top of my head. The writers in both papers are awful and getting worse.

Pulitzer Prize? Not even worth a participant ribbon.

What get's me is the factual errors in their articles. Even Ed Tait (Freep) said in his latest article that the Bombers have only thrown for 2 TD's through 5 games this season. I mean... come on.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/so-many-problems-217546701.html

DIRECT QUOTE: Fact: The Bombers, as a team, threw for only 16 passing TDs a year ago and are on a slower pace this season with just two through the first five games.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Chris Matthews was the first Bomber to catch a TD at IGF, and J Detain scored another 2 in our most recent game against Calgary... this is only off the top of my head. The writers in both papers are awful and getting worse.

Pulitzer Prize? Not even worth a participant ribbon.

Mathews & Denmark in Game 1. and Etienne had 2 last Friday

There's more to it than that. Your explanation is way too simplistic. Developing qbs  mean having a coach to coach them. We have no qb coach & haven't for years. We don't do enough as an organization to develop qbs. To me, the Bombers aren't 100% totally committed to doing that & haven't been for years. This team develops running backs but not qbs.

It amazes me how many people think this way too. That if you just keep playing the backup he is somehow going to evolve into this great starter all on his own.

Can anyone provide a link to a media member saying that Goltz should be "thrown on the trash heap"?  Or anything close to that? I think the media said the same thing we did.  It's only one game.  He's hampered by the system.  Hard to judge him at this time. 

Can anyone provide a link to a media member saying that Goltz should be "thrown on the trash heap"?  Or anything close to that? I think the media said the same thing we did.  It's only one game.  He's hampered by the system.  Hard to judge him at this time. 

From a Bender article at the Sun:

Don't forget, they started their third string quarterback, Bo Levi Mitchell, while the Bombers had their second-stringer, Justin Goltz. Mitchell completely out-classed Goltz as both made their first starts. Bombers management should immediately make a pitch for Mitchell, or Kevin Glenn (once he recovers from injury), or someone else. What they have behind centre just isn't working right now.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/07/26/bombers-all-out-blitz-bombers-out-coached-again