Buchko, Mack Afraid To Answer The Bell?

It amazes me how many people think this way too. That if you just keep playing the backup he is somehow going to evolve into this great starter all on his own.

Yeah, never understood the logic. If the Bombers want to develop a qb, fine but give him the help to develop. Like his own position coach.

So, I'm sensing some of you don't think Cauchy is an upgrade from Ian Logan?

Cauchy is what I thought he was... A young guy with a years starting experience who makes a bunch of mistakes.  Some of them were hidden because of BC's great set of DB's, and they are more on display with our underachieving group.  He is physically way better than Logan and can make up for some of his mistakes because of it.  Younger, cheaper(hopefully), faster and Henoc's brother made him a good pick up, but he isn't a big upgrade over Logan yet.

When did Bender ever show any knowledge. Last year none of the Sun's writer knew an Aussie was a NI.

To the QB development topic, its clear you need a QB coach and to develop an OL etc.

Some of the backups weve seen the last few weeks have looked pretty solid. Do you put most that on raw talent or coaching? Mitchell , Collaros ,....how much developing has Tornoto done with him? I see the beneifit of having a solid QB coach but sometimes the QB just has to have some natural skill too.

I think its a mix of natural ability and coaching but if you look at Mitchell and Colarros, look at who they have coaching them. Then think about our QBs with no QB coach/former CFL QB on staff.

that's a bit unfair... before his long career with absolutely no CFL experience whatsoever, he was a QB in the 70s.

The Sun bashing is ridiculous and unfair. It's not like the Free press is some shining example of journalistic integrity in everything they do.

If you don't like the Sun then don't read it. But don't insult those that do. I love the Sun. Aside from a couple of people with the Freep (Lawless included) I have no time for that paper. Far too arrogant and entitled.

Look at the Toronto staff, they have Milanovich there & Marcus Brady. In Calgary Huff & Dickenson. In Sask they have Cortez. How can young qbs not thrive with guys like that coaching them? This organization has never put a lot of importance on hiring a qb coach. Yet, they constantly try to develop the next Tom Clements or Matt Dunigan with no success. They seem to feel it's more important to have a running back coach over a qb coach. Or a receivers coach over a qb coach & where have we failed in development? At the qb position over & over. Connect the dots & it's easy to see the problem. But I honestly think the people that run this team are clueless. Smart football people get hired & then walk thru the doors to their offices at Canad Inns or IGF & dumb right down.

Cauchy should have been a free, free agent. Wally didn't want him and what other team did? Montreal waited and drafted theirs.

Wrong. Wally said he had wanted Cauchy to stay and that the Lions offered him a very good contract that he turned down. And there were other teams interested in signing Cauchy.

The Sun bashing is ridiculous and unfair. It's not like the Free press is some shining example of journalistic integrity in everything they do.

If you don't like the Sun then don't read it. But don't insult those that do. I love the Sun. Aside from a couple of people with the Freep (Lawless included) I have no time for that paper. Far too arrogant and entitled.

Bunch of jerks with their big words and complete sentences.

The Sun won't be my paper of choice until all of their pictures are turned into popups.

Bunch of jerks with their big words and complete sentences.

The Sun won't be my paper of choice until all of their pictures are turned into popups.

They have a very clear liberal slant. Not that the sun doesn't have a conservative bias but they don't pretend to be the voice of all the people while pushing an agenda.

And the Freep has had some pretty well publicized and ugly issues stifling opinions they don't agree with. The reason the RRCC cre com department no longer has a radio station for student development is because of the Freep (and the agenda of some private radio execs that sat on the board).

I said before this wasn't Buchko's mess to speak on but it's now become such a circus he must speak and act. People talk about Mack being on the chopping block but lawless stated today that the board wanted Mack gone last season and Buchko convinced them otherwise. He's tied himself to this mess.

He was an awful hire by a board that too often out smarts itself. They get too cute trying to think outside the box. He's a salesman in way over his head making football operations decisions for a pro franchise and he has zero experience doing that. It's a complete joke.

They have a very clear liberal slant. Not that the sun doesn't have a conservative bias but they don't pretend to be the voice of all the people while pushing an agenda.

And the Freep has had some pretty well publicized and ugly issues stifling opinions they don't agree with. The reason the RRCC cre com department no longer has a radio station for student development is because of the Freep (and the agenda of some private radio execs that sat on the board).

Not being as right wing as the Sun does not mean the FP has a liberal slant. Their editorial staff is more to the right politically and they have been endorsing the Tories (federally and provincially) at election time for years.

Wasn't one of the reasons Kyle Walters was promoted to assistant GM was to make him more accessible to the media?  So where is he?

No, that was the local print media going on about Duane Forde. Everyone else knows the HC is the face of the team, not the AGM or Assistant GM.