Bombers cut 4 players

Mike

CK was a DelMonaco project... 'nuff said.

Still, a bit surprised that Howard, Dumas and Blake survived.

Lol. Although his position says LB/LS, he was exclusively brought in for LS'ing... and he has no competition. He makes the team.

Oh, I get it from a talent level but 6 is still low. I know its a sad reflection on our previous admins.

You can't get by with 6 OL for the season. We need 8 or 10 to cover for injuries... 

There is still another cutdown. I think it's next by weekend. That's where we going to get our additional backup Nat OLs.  :)

CK was a DelMonaco project... 'nuff said.

Still, a bit surprised that Howard, Dumas and Blake survived.

Lol. Although his position says LB/LS, he was exclusively brought in for LS'ing... and he has no competition. He makes the team.

Wild was a good enough long snapper last year that Cvetkovic got a head start on retirement.

Lots of different ways to put this puzzle together.  Blake may make the 46, may get a PR offer, may get shown the door.

If Maher doesn't get picked up somewhere else we should at least keep him around on the taxi squad.

I think if we have an injury to our kicker at any point in the regular season,Maher will be on a short dial. That's if he's not with any team by then.

We barely have enough Canadians to fill a roster right now, I figured they would focus on cutting internationals at this point. Seems odd to cut Kowalczuk right now... if we lose a single interior lineman to injury then we don't really have anyone to step in. Unless they feel comfortable putting Quinn Everett in the lineup already.

I suspect you may see some of the guys cut by other teams end up Blue Bombers.

Guys, guys, guys... in respect of Lirim, we should start learning how to write/pronounce his name, I think he will be our kicker from here on. ;)

It's not that hard really...  just remember the main letters.

H - R - L - H     (hoof  right   left    hoof)    :lol:  

then just add the remaining letters.....   Haj Rul La Hu

to pronounce it.... High, Roo, La, Hoo  :D

Guys, guys, guys... in respect of Lirim, we should start learning how to write/pronounce his name, I think he will be our kicker from here on. ;)

How bout we just call him "kicker"?

I'm still regretting the amount of work I put into learning how to spell Oramasionwu.

If he's still our kicker in 2018 I will strongly consider it.

CK was made expendable due to his sucking and the fact that both morley and goossen are better

Tate? did he do anything? this years duane slay.

maher? not surprised, his passport worked against him.

Tarver? saw that one coming last week.

Brooks? not sure he  got a fair shot, although he must have shown to not be good enough on film, never noticed him on special teams and thats where he was going to have to make the roster.

Gotta look at it this way, if a NI (non import) (im not calling them Nationals and Internationals, sounds so soccer ish) is let go right now and our depth is concerning, what does that say about the talent level of that non import? If a guy isn't good enough, then he isn't good enough. Get rid of him, NI or IMP.

6 NI for 3 NI ol positions right now isn't that bad. It's a backup for every starter essentially. 

I'm still regretting the amount of work I put into learning how to spell Oramasionwu.

If he's still our kicker in 2018 I will strongly consider it.

LOL... there's actually a song to help you remember it... and probably help you put your baby to sleep...

Haj - rul - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - ley

Rul - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - ley

Haj - rul - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - ley

Rul - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - lu - la - ley

:D :D :D :D

I have no problem spelling Liram :lol:

I liked Maher's field goals.  He kicked them with authority and even from the 40, he had another 10 yards to spare.   Liram's fg's seemed to peak earlier and then come down with less distance to spare.    But he's Cdn and pretty good to boot  :lol:  :lol:

Maher was good, not exceptional.  His punting was not very good, he has a big leg, but clearly still needs to learn how to place them, both Hajrullahu and Renaud especially were/are better in that respect.

Placekicking he was neck and neck with Hajrullahu.  I'd be surprised if Maher gets picked up, most kicking jobs are spoken for, many teams are two deep at kicking spots with a veteran and a prospect.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him on our practice roster.