CFL cuts

Well, looking over the Bomber roster, I see 6 starting Nationals (not counting the kickers) maybe 8 if you stretch it, pretty grim.

Oh calm yer titties... I'm sure Walters will grab one or two more nats from the cuts and frankly even if we don't, we are not any worse off then Edmonton or Ottawa right now..

Well enlighten me then on the starting Nats that are available if you are so sure. We have enough backups, it's starters I'm looking for.

Well, looking over the Bomber roster, I see 6 starting Nationals (not counting the kickers) maybe 8 if you stretch it, pretty grim.

Oh calm yer titties... I'm sure Walters will grab one or two more nats from the cuts and frankly even if we don't, we are not any worse off then Edmonton or Ottawa right now..

Well enlighten me then on the starting Nats that are available if you are so sure. We have enough backups, it's starters I'm looking for.

We have enough backups?

Enough for the way they are working the ratio of now.

You mean aside from DT...? And one backup for two NI REC spots...

Sure, according to some, we should disregard what the roster is telling us and just assume that guys can play any position.

No what you should do is stop pretending a roster for fan consumption is some kind of end all be all determining factor on where guys are capable of playing.

I was disgusted by the way me-first Romby Bryant gave up on the our team while he was here and was glad we traded him to Stamps.

Maybe he can now finally fade into obscurity where he belongs. 

Gee, I see it differently:

I was impressed by the way Romby Bryant stood up to that schmuck Mike Kelly, gave him the finger, and forced Kelly to trade him away.

But by doing that to Kelly, he also did it to all his teammates as well.

Kelly was an idiot & control freak. I don't recall all the circumstances that led to Bryant coming to  Calgary but Kelly's "My way  or the highway wanting to control the message" arrogance led to his ultimate dismissal as head coach. I blame  the coach & not the player. His Majesty King Kelly treated just about everyone badly in the Bomber court, fans, media & even Bob Irving. 

You didn't/don't like Kelly and I'm certainly not going to defend him. But I do remember the circumstances of Bryant's trade. I do remember the absolute lack of effort by Bryant. He didn't like Kelly's offence - fine but that didn't give him the right to quit on the team. I still remember this play in his last game as a Bomber. He made a catch along the sidelines - both hands on the ball - and then the Als' defender reached in with one hand and easily grabbed the ball from him. It's difficult to describe how pathetic the play was - it really does need to be seen - but the one thing it showed clearly was that Bryant didn't care.

So, Bryant goes to Calgary & he has back to back to back thousand plus yard seasons. Sure, blame the player not the lunatic coach running the team at the time. Kelly squandered a very good receiver. By criticizing Bryant you're defending Kelly so...

I was disgusted by the way me-first Romby Bryant gave up on the our team while he was here and was glad we traded him to Stamps.

Maybe he can now finally fade into obscurity where he belongs. 

Gee, I see it differently:

I was impressed by the way Romby Bryant stood up to that schmuck Mike Kelly, gave him the finger, and forced Kelly to trade him away.

But by doing that to Kelly, he also did it to all his teammates as well.

Kelly was an idiot & control freak. I don't recall all the circumstances that led to Bryant coming to  Calgary but Kelly's "My way  or the highway wanting to control the message" arrogance led to his ultimate dismissal as head coach. I blame  the coach & not the player. His Majesty King Kelly treated just about everyone badly in the Bomber court, fans, media & even Bob Irving. 

You didn't/don't like Kelly and I'm certainly not going to defend him. But I do remember the circumstances of Bryant's trade. I do remember the absolute lack of effort by Bryant. He didn't like Kelly's offence - fine but that didn't give him the right to quit on the team. I still remember this play in his last game as a Bomber. He made a catch along the sidelines - both hands on the ball - and then the Als' defender reached in with one hand and easily grabbed the ball from him. It's difficult to describe how pathetic the play was - it really does need to be seen - but the one thing it showed clearly was that Bryant didn't care.

So, Bryant goes to Calgary & he has back to back to back thousand plus yard seasons. Sure, blame the player not the lunatic coach running the team at the time. Kelly squandered a very good receiver. By criticizing Bryant you're defending Kelly so...

His success in Calgary was further proof of his childishness in Winnipeg. From all accounts, nobody liked Kelly's offense. But nobody else quit on the team in spectacular fashion like Romby. It was terrible, and, even amongst the horror of that season, I was still glad he was gone.

Be a pro. Do your job.

telling Kelly to get ****** shouldn't be a black mark on a player. You know who else Mike Kelly said had a bad attitude? Doug Brown.

Doug Brown didn't quit on his team though.

That's too simplistic an explanation. The stuff going on behind the scenes in the locker room was chaotic as I recall. There seemed to be a cisis a day with Kelly during the 2009 season. All I know is when Bryant got to the Stamps he was a total professional & team player the entire time he was in Calgary. He had a problem with an arrogant & bully Blue Bomber head coach who enjoyed pushing his weight around people just because he thought he could. Ask the Stamps players & coaches who knew him & there were never any issues with Bryant when he was a Stampeder. Never heard of any with the Argos either. So, I think this was a coaching & not a player issue.

RT .@PoppJim @MoeKhan19 let's set record straight. Jamel made his own decision 2 B let go. We offered guaranteed $ & rehab, he opted out.

Wow, too many shots to the head, Jamel? Not a smart decision.

I'm guessing the guaranteed $ aren't anywhere near the starting contract $.  I'd take Jamel in a minute once he's healed even though it means pushing Watson out of the slot.

That's too simplistic an explanation. The stuff going on behind the scenes in the locker room was chaotic as I recall. There seemed to be a cisis a day with Kelly during the 2009 season. All I know is when Bryant got to the Stamps he was a total professional & team player the entire time he was in Calgary. He had a problem with an arrogant & bully Blue Bomber head coach who enjoyed pushing his weight around people just because he thought he could. Ask the Stamps players & coaches who knew him & there were never any issues with Bryant when he was a Stampeder. Never heard of any with the Argos either. So, I think this was a coaching & not a player issue.

So then why isn't he still with Calgary?