CFL cuts

It's kind of an unwritten rule in the CFL that you don't pluck first year Canadians off a practice roster.

We've been on the receiving end of too many fast shuffles between other teams (ie: Reilly, Collaros, Ray etc) to play nice. The other teams can go pleasure themselves.

It's kind of an unwritten rule in the CFL that you don't pluck first year Canadians off a practice roster.

We've been on the receiving end of too many fast shuffles between other teams (ie: Reilly, Collaros, Ray etc) to play nice. The other teams can go pleasure themselves.

That's all well and good except for one thing ... we have first year Canadians on our practice roster too.

That's all well and good except for one thing ... we have first year Canadians on our practice roster too.

If what another team has on their practice roster is significantly better than what we have, I say go for it. We've been eating dirt for too long- nice guys and all that.

If what another team has on their practice roster is significantly better than what we have, I say go for it. We've been eating dirt for too long- nice guys and all that.

I don't think that's been the case at all, Joe Mack never really went after PR guys cuz he thought he could find better players on his own. You need a place to put these guys too, right now we don't have many openings if any actually. 

I don't think that's been the case at all, Joe Mack never really went after PR guys cuz he thought he could find better players on his own. You need a place to put these guys too, right now we don't have many openings if any actually. 

I'm sure Mack plucked someone off a PR and the other GM was p.o'ed about it.... can't remember who offhand

Edit:  ST guy - Beaulieu-Richard

I'm sure Mack plucked someone off a PR and the other GM was p.o'ed about it.... can't remember who offhand

wasn't that Dubuisson-Hyphenated?

And didn't he try to claim somebody else too, a different time?

Paul Wiecek ‏@PaulWiecek 39m

Bombers HC Mike O'Shea says C Steve Morley missed practice today with a tweaked hamstring, but club is hopeful he will play Thursday. #bn

that doesn't sound good.

Does to me, as that means we could see Goossen out there.

As for the CFL cuts thread itself, I'm hoping Walters a& Co. are at least looking into some players, standing pat with our roster is not an option.

Bombers HC Mike O'Shea says C Steve Morley missed practice today with a tweaked hamstring, but club is hopeful he will play Thursday. #bn

that doesn't sound good.

As for the CFL cuts thread itself, I'm hoping Walters a& Co. are at least looking into some players, standing pat with our roster is not an option.

But then who's your #6 OL?

that doesn't sound good.

Peach?

that doesn't sound good.

Howard I would think, or depending on the seriousness of the injuries, Morley, Stevenson, Swiston and then there's the current FA market.

that doesn't sound good.

Howard I would think, or depending on the seriousness of the injuries, Morley, Stevenson, Swiston and then there's the current FA market.

You'd want a Canadian backup in case of an injury to one of the Canadian starters.

that doesn't sound good.

You'd want a Canadian backup in case of an injury to one of the Canadian starters.

Obviously............. but considering the team might have no other choice those are the only options.

Hopefully we eventually end up signing Matthews when he's cut from the Seahawks. Then we won't need to listen to all the bitching and moaning about neither Kelly nor Bryant.

and hopefully Henoc returns as well, thus leading to the end of the Kuale basher brigade.

Hopefully we eventually end up signing Matthews when he's cut from the Seahawks. Then we won't need to listen to all the bitching and moaning about neither Kelly nor Bryant.

Looks like he's in a good position to make the club. But lets see.