CFL cuts

@CFL_News: #Redblacks have also released K Brett Maher. No kickers left on roster. #cfl #cflottawa #ottawa via @HolderGord

Oh that Marcel DJD, what all good GM's should aspire to be. :rolleyes:

Just saw this - obviously Palardy is no good (he was terrible against Montreal one punt was so bad even LaPo made a comment on it) and Maher did not look good at all either. My guess is (yeah yeah Captain Obvious I know lol) they got their eye on a recent cut to bring in. Good thing bombers didn't listen to me when I said they should keep Maher lol

Well, looking over the Bomber roster, I see 6 starting Nationals (not counting the kickers) maybe 8 if you stretch it, pretty grim.

Oh calm yer titties... I'm sure Walters will grab one or two more nats from the cuts and frankly even if we don't, we are not any worse off then Edmonton or Ottawa right now..

Well, looking over the Bomber roster, I see 6 starting Nationals (not counting the kickers) maybe 8 if you stretch it, pretty grim.

Oh calm yer titties... I'm sure Walters will grab one or two more nats from the cuts and frankly even if we don't, we are not any worse off then Edmonton or Ottawa right now..

Hmmmm  calm your titties ??? I think its late ,,,,,,,,,,

I can't express how much I hope we bring back Detain....if only to see the board reaction...

Iso would have a stroke.

You know, I'd laugh because my point has been proven about the guy twice. He was traded & then cut by the team who traded for him. Looks like we got a starter for him, as well. So Walters pulled one over Taman. I never hated Etienne but I hated the pick. But let's face it, he's had his chances the past 3 years. As far as Jade coming back, he's the epitome of the Joe Mack era. The Bombers want to purge themselves of just about everything Joe Mack did. Can't see Walters ever bringing him back but hey, stranger things have happened.

I can't express how much I hope we bring back Detain....if only to see the board reaction...

Iso would have a stroke.

You know, I'd laugh because my point has been proven about the guy twice. He was traded & then cut by the team who traded for him. Looks like we got a starter for him, as well. So Walters pulled one over Taman. I never hated Etienne but I hated the pick. But let's face it, he's had his chances the past 3 years. As far as Jade coming back, he's the epitome of the Joe Mack era. The Bombers want to purge themselves of just about everything Joe Mack did. Can't see Walters ever bringing him back but hey, stranger things have happened.

I wouldnt be surprised if Walters scoop him. It's reported that Walters tried to resign him but Etienne already made up his mind to go somewhere (trying to pull up a LaBatte).

Richardson must be very injured still, if he was a few years younger, i'd consider him.

Sisco and Etienne? I'd look at both, not sure if i had to chose one, which one tho, both are intriguing. Sisco is kind of a bust though but maybe the pressure of playing for your hometown province is too much for some of these guys.

Billy Peach? I'd take him immediately, Possibly Matt Vonk also. 

Not interested in any of the RB'S. we'd only need a RB for a couple of weeks anyways so that would be a hard sell to get any of these guys to sign here.

Ottawa releasing Maher is surprising, They have no kickers, that is just weird. Unless they plan on picking up Schott. 

Jun 21, 10:31 PM - Ottawa

The Redblacks announced the following moves. The following players have been assigned to the practice roster: QB Alex Carder*, OL Hugo Desmarais, OL Steven Forgette*, RB Michael Hayes*, DE Monte Lewis*, WR Robin Medeiros, WR Carlton Mitchell*, CB Jermaine Robinson*, WR Fred Rouse*, LB Jasper Simmons*

The following players have been assigned to injured reserve: OL Joe Eppele, DL Zach Evans, CB Reggie Jones*, OL Jeraill McCuller*, LB Jordan Verdone.

The following player has been assigned to the disabled list: SB Wallace Miles*.

The following players have been released: DB Steven Adu, LB Devin Arrington*, OL Brendan Dunn, SB Aaron Hargreaves, PK Paulo Henriques*, WR Taulib Ikharo*, OL James Lee*, WR Simon Le Marquand, PK Brett Maher*, DL Stephon Miller, LB Parker Orms*, PK Justin Palardy, WR Travon Patterson*, DT Dimetrio Tyson*, OT Aaron Wheaton. - Team Release

Jun 21, 10:29 PM - Hamilton

Hamilton

The Tiger-Cats announced they released DB Korey Lindsey, DB Evan McCollough, DB Demetrice Morley,QB Corey Robinson, and OL D.J. Young.

OL Dominic Alford, WR LaMark Brown, DE Antonio Coleman, DB Mike Daly, FB Isaac Dell, WR Quincy McDuffie, DB James Rogers, and RB Isi Sofele have joined the practice roster.

LB Christopher Johnson and DT Martin Pesek have been placed on the suspended list. - Team Release

Jun 21, 10:21 PM - Saskatchewan

The Roughriders announced they've released National receiver Alex Anthony, National receiver Kristopher Bastien, International defensive lineman Jeremy Beal, National linebacker Travis Bent, International receiver Dan DePalma, International defensive lineman Robert Eddins, National receiver Jade Etienne , International linebacker Brandon Isaac, International linebacker Mortty Ivy , National fullback Andre Lalonde, National kicker John Mark, International defensive back Greg McCoy, National offensive lineman Kyle Paterson, National linebacker Kevin Regimbald, International receiver DeMarco Sampson, National receiver Jordan Sisco, International defensive back Troy Stoudermire, International defensive lineman Richard Sumlin, International receiver Isaiah Sweeney, International running back Jermaine Thomas, International offensive lineman Devin Tyler, National offensive lineman Matt Vonk, International quarterback Adam Weber, National defensive back Matt Webster, National defensive lineman Ryan Wellman, International defensive lineman Markus White.

National offensive lineman Corey Watman was placed on the one-game injury list while International linebacker Chad Kilgore and International defensive back Carlos Thomas were placed on six-game injured list. - Team Release

Jun 21, 10:15 PM - Calgary

The Stampeders made a series of roster moves on Saturday:

- The following international players were released: OL Korian Chambers, DL Kevin Dixon, WRs Robert Holland and Marcus Rucker, RB Martell Mallett and QB Rusty Smith

- National WR Yannick Morin-Plante was also released

- The following national players were suspended: OL Joe Circelli, K Tyler Crapigna, RB Brian Marshall and DL Derek Wiggan

- International DL Craig Wilkins retired

- The following international players were placed on the one-game injury list: DL Micah Johnson, WR Joe West and DB Jeremy Williams

- The following national players were placed on the one-game injury list: OL Shane Bergman, RB Charlie Power, LB Yannick Carter and DL Junior Turner

- International LB Alvin Bowen, as well as nationals WR Jabari Arthur and LB Max Caron were placed on the six-game injury list

- The following international players were placed on the practice roster: LB Maalik Bomar, WRs Sederrik Cunningham and Jeremy Horne, DL DeQuin Evans and DBs Torin Harris and Ryan Steed

- The following national players were placed on the practice roster: OLs Brad Erdos and Ryan Peach, DB Adam Thibault and DL Akeem Whonder - Team Release

Jun 21, 9:48 PM - Edmonton

The Eskimos released National DT Gregory Alexandre, National WR Anthony Barrett, International RB Hugh Charles, National DE Michael Dadzie, International DT Ra'Shon Harris, National CB Raye Hartmann , National C Gord Hinse , International DB Myron Lewis, International SB Brandon McRae, National P/K Zackary Medeiros, National LB Kyle Norris , International DT Daniel Ross , International CB Robert Sands , International DE Cameron Sheffield , and National FB Smith Wright. - Team Release

Jun 21, 7:37 PM - Montreal

Montreal

On Saturday, the team released K/P Delbert Alvarado, T Daniel Baldridge, DT Scooter Berry, R Tyron Carrier, OL Ryan Cave, R Preston Cleckley, CB Brandon Driver, DB Dominique Ellis, DB Ed Gainey, RB Robert Godhigh, R Brandan Green, OL Elliott Mealer, R MacKenzie Sarro, and OL Wayne Tribue. - Team Release

Jun 21, 3:38 PM - B.C.

On Saturday, the team released RB Guillame Bourassa (N), DB Tony Burnett (I), LB Korey Jones (I), DT Dyrell Porcha (I), OT RJ Dill (I), K/P Steven Shott (N), LB Thomas Spoletini (N). - Team Release

Jun 20, 4:18 PM - Toronto

Toronto

The Toronto Argonauts have released international defensive back Kent Richardson.

Jun 20, 10:26 AM - Winnipeg

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced the following players were released on Friday: International quarterback Max Hall, international receiver Mario Urrutia, international receiver Mark Dell, international receiver Jaymar Johnson, international receiver Bert Reed, international defensive back Stephon Morris, international defensive back Michael Ray Garvin, international defensive back Matt Pierce, international defensive lineman Willie Moseley, international offensive lineman Jesse Peterson and national receiver Taylor Renaud.

CFL News @CFL_News

Did Jim Barker go to bed already? #CFL #Argos #cuts

LOL

Argo roster cut-downs have been treated like top-secret spy stuff of late... seems we never hear them until long after the submission deadlines.

This is a obvious special treatment from the league towards the Argos club. There must be a penalty or something. <_<

CFL News @CFL_News

Did Jim Barker go to bed already? #CFL #Argos #cuts

LOL

Argo roster cut-downs have been treated like top-secret spy stuff of late... seems we never hear them until long after the submission deadlines.

This is a obvious special treatment from the league towards the Argos club. There must be a penalty or something. <_<

Always helps when your owner is also the commissioner ;)

The Argos were the last team to announce their final roster cuts. While they did indeed submit them prior to the 10pm deadline on Saturday night, they chose to only make them public on Sunday morning. The team parted ways with 14 players, including veteran receiver Romby Bryant. Bryant spent just one season in Toronto, suiting up in two games due to injury. In those pair of games, Bryant was a contributor, hauling in eight passes for 91 yards and two touchdowns.

Also released by the Boatmen were: National longsnapper Michael Benson, National WR Tore Corrado, International DL Dexter Davis, International WR J.D. Falslev, National OL Kirby Fletcher, National OL Thomas Griffiths, International K/P Josh Jasper, International LB Eddie Lackey, International DB Alonzo Lawrence, International DB Andre Martin, National WR Evan Pszczonak, International DL Padric Scott, and Internation WR K.J. Stroud.

I was disgusted by the way me-first Romby Bryant gave up on the our team while he was here and was glad we traded him to Stamps.

Maybe he can now finally fade into obscurity where he belongs. 

Gee, I see it differently:

I was impressed by the way Romby Bryant stood up to that schmuck Mike Kelly, gave him the finger, and forced Kelly to trade him away.

I was disgusted by the way me-first Romby Bryant gave up on the our team while he was here and was glad we traded him to Stamps.

I was impressed by the way Romby Bryant stood up to that schmuck Mike Kelly, gave him the finger, and forced Kelly to trade him away.

But by doing that to Kelly, he also did it to all his teammates as well.

Kelly was an idiot & control freak. I don't recall all the circumstances that led to Bryant coming to  Calgary but Kelly's "My way  or the highway wanting to control the message" arrogance led to his ultimate dismissal as head coach. I blame  the coach & not the player. His Majesty King Kelly treated just about everyone badly in the Bomber court, fans, media & even Bob Irving. 

Kelly was an idiot & control freak. I don't recall all the circumstances that led to Bryant coming to  Calgary but Kelly's "My way  or the highway wanting to control the message" arrogance led to his ultimate dismissal as head coach. I blame  the coach & not the player. His Majesty King Kelly treated just about everyone badly in the Bomber court, fans, media & even Bob Irving. 

You didn't/don't like Kelly and I'm certainly not going to defend him. But I do remember the circumstances of Bryant's trade. I do remember the absolute lack of effort by Bryant. He didn't like Kelly's offence - fine but that didn't give him the right to quit on the team. I still remember this play in his last game as a Bomber. He made a catch along the sidelines - both hands on the ball - and then the Als' defender reached in with one hand and easily grabbed the ball from him. It's difficult to describe how pathetic the play was - it really does need to be seen - but the one thing it showed clearly was that Bryant didn't care.

Evan McCullough and Zo Lawrence could both help the Bombers, imo.

i thought Lawrence was a lock to be a key part of our D this season. him being cut either means that he's hurt, we found better or he has regressed. i didn't see any signs of regression... and earlier in camp, he was one of only 2 guys featured in ArgoTV's "meet the secondary" video, so i took that to mean that the team thought he was safe too.

as for Romby, i'm not surprised we let him go. not because he doesn't have "it" anymore, but because we have plenty of guys who can do the job (and RR makes it easy for them to do it).

Bryant got hurt early last season and rehabbed on the injured list to come back late in the season for a 2 TD game. you've got to admit that shows some heart.