CFL cuts

The Lions announced their cuts just after 3:30pm ET on Saturday. There were no surprises amongst the released group, as Wally Buono and his football oeprations department parted ways with seven players: National RB Guillame Bourassa, International DB Tony Burnett, International LB Korey Jones, International DT Dyrell Porcha, International OT RJ Dill, National K/P Steven Shott, and National LB Thomas Spoletini.

I'm kinda interested in K/P Shott and LB Spoletini.

I doubt we go after Spoletini because we just got Cornell

I'm interested in LeMarquand... he did play under Etchevary in Ottawa(geegee's)

The REDBLACKS announced their cuts on Saturday morning, just hours after they played their final pre-season game against the Montreal Alouettes.

General Manager Marcel Desjardins declared 14 cuts to the team's final roster, with veteran kicker Justin Parlardy and National receiver Simon LeMarquand among the most notable.

Desjardins also announced that National receiver Steven Adu, International DB Parker Orms, International LB Devin Arrington, National DL Stephon Miller, International DL Dimetrio Tyson, International kicker Paolo Henriques, National OL Brendan Dunn, National OL Aaron Wheaton, International WR Taulib Ikharo, international WR Travon Patterson, National receiver Aaron Hargreaves, and National OL James Lee have all been released.

From this list, I'll probably be interested in OL Wheaton, OL Dunn. I always thought Dunn is a better prospect than Penser.

I'll add DL Miller on that list.

Looks like Maher makes the Ottawa team. Good for him.

Is James Lee a National or International?

I only want Dunn if Wylie thinks he can do something with him. We certainly dont need all those Import OL so maybe we can cut one of those guys for him if Wylies interested. I doubt it though

The Lions announced their cuts just after 3:30pm ET on Saturday. There were no surprises amongst the released group, as Wally Buono and his football oeprations department parted ways with seven players: National RB Guillame Bourassa, International DB Tony Burnett, International LB Korey Jones, International DT Dyrell Porcha, International OT RJ Dill, National K/P Steven Shott, and National LB Thomas Spoletini.

Shott was kind of disappointing for me this pre-season, he's gotten a lot of hype the last few years as a guy BC was grooming to take over for McCallum.  I'm guessing that plan has been scrapped to some degree.

Looks like Anthony Daley made the Lions.  He's a Winnipeg kid who played a couple years of junior in BC, 21 years old interior offensive lineman, was going to play for U of M this season if he didn't make the Lions.  I hate that the Lions can claim any BCJFL player as their own, wish that the territorial rights went to the province where the player played midget/high school.

Shott was kind of disappointing for me this pre-season, he's gotten a lot of hype the last few years as a guy BC was grooming to take over for McCallum.  I'm guessing that plan has been scrapped to some degree.

Looks like Anthony Daley made the Lions.  He's a Winnipeg kid who played a couple years of junior in BC, 21 years old interior offensive lineman, was going to play for U of M this season if he didn't make the Lions.  I hate that the Lions can claim any BCJFL player as their own, wish that the territorial rights went to the province where the player played midget/high school.

Yeah, especially because of all the Poaching the BCJFL does in all the other provinces. They really clean up at the Junior level

Think that needs to be in next CBA is that junior players be draft legible.

I doubt we go after Spoletini because we just got Cornell

I'm interested in LeMarquand... he did play under Etchevary in Ottawa(geegee's)

We may need him after 1-4 games. How long before Stephan goes down?

@DidierRDS: The Alouettes have released:

Delbert Alvarado

Robert Godhigh

Ed Gainey

Tyron Carrier

Dominique Ellis

Brandon Driver

Preston Cleckley

#CFL

@DidierRDS: The Alouettes have released:

Wayne Tribue

Daniel Baldridge

Ryan Cave

Elliot Mealer

Mackenzie Sarro

Brandan Green

Scooter Berry

#CFL

Me too, because it means the Als are gonna suck.

Way too early to say that.

If Chad Johnson was starting on our team after a one catch, 13 yard pre-season. Me and likely many others would be furious. What upside is there for a 36 year old receiver a year out of football?

Me too, because it means the Als are gonna suck.

Way too early to say that.

If Chad Johnson was starting on our team after a one catch, 13 yard pre-season. Me and likely many others would be furious. What upside is there for a 36 year old receiver a year out of football?

He sells tickets.

Yeah, especially because of all the Poaching the BCJFL does in all the other provinces. They really clean up at the Junior level

While BC does poach, they don't play at the same level as the prairie conference. PFC teams have won 4 of the last 5, 7 of the last 10, and 15 of the last 20 national championships.

By far the dominant junior football is on the prairies.