The TV Thread

https://deadline.com/2023/11/bob-hearts-abishola-end-season-5-series-finale-date-1235642739/

Well most of the cast was demoted to recurring before the strikes happened it doesn't really surprise me (man this and Young Sheldon)

they earned it hopefully they'll keep living up to the hype considering that they got shortened seasons due to the writers strike

https://deadline.com/2023/11/found-the-irrational-renewed-season-2-nbc-1235643621/

Edited by iHeart

This writers & actors strike has really screwed the pooch for a lot of jobs for shows having been cancelled. From Yellowstone to Blue Bloods. It's sad that a lot of popular shows are on the cutting block. For me, those 2 shows especially. I'd have loved to see Blue Bloods make 15 seasons but that won't happen. Yellowstone was a riveting series & I'll miss them both.

However, since the pandemic with seasons shortened & long hiatuses, I've found that I do other things with my time now. Tuesdays used to be the FBI shows & Weds nights the Chicago series. Friday night at 11 pm on Spokane CBS channel, I faithfully watched Blue Bloods since 2010. However, with sometimes up to 2 months off between November & January & off seasons up to nearly 6 months long now, As well as a  number of random 2-3 weeks breaks in between, I don't watch as much tv as I used to.

If I do, I pvr old movies or old series that I find & watch them instead. I found that sometimes I forgot to watch series like Blue Bloods or Chicago PD that I never missed before. So, thanks TV networks & studios for screwing us all over with streaming on Netflix or Paramount Plus, the writers & actors stikes & long layoffs. You're just killing off series tv on the major networks. Maybe that was the end game all along?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This writers & actors strike has really screwed the pooch for a lot of jobs for shows having been cancelled. From Yellowstone to Blue Bloods. It's sad that a lot of popular shows are on the cutting block. For me, those 2 shows especially. I'd have loved to see Blu Bloods make 15 seasons but that won't happen. Yellowstone was a riveting series & I'll miss them both.

Can anyone say they saw a Covid season of a show and thought it was great? I can't. Almost want to say Blue Bloods just because Blue Bloods is good comfort food(minus killing off Linda, still pissed off about that). As for not making 15 well I think it's been in overtime with Tom for a while.

Yellowstone is such a fudge up right now what with Costner apparently not returning and they dont shoot in winter even if there is no winter this year. You could recast it which actually might add another season or 2 to the show which is win-win?

On 2023-11-29 at 12:32 PM, GCJenks said:

New Season of Slow Horses premiered on Apple TV+ yesterday. I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, looking forward to this one.

Saw the first 2 episodes, looks like it'll be another great season.

Man between Slow Horses, Fargo and Lawmen: Bass Reeves its like the olden days when I had to wait for new episodes to come out. 

12 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Saw the first 2 episodes, looks like it'll be another great season.

Man between Slow Horses, Fargo and Lawmen: Bass Reeves its like the olden days when I had to wait for new episodes to come out. 

I have to fly to Toronto for a couple days later this month. I’ve decided to wait and watch them on my trip. Easier to not start and then binge than wait each week. 

On 2023-11-30 at 3:01 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Can anyone say they saw a Covid season of a show and thought it was great? I can't. Almost want to say Blue Bloods just because Blue Bloods is good comfort food(minus killing off Linda, still pissed off about that). As for not making 15 well I think it's been in overtime with Tom for a while.

Yellowstone is such a fudge up right now what with Costner apparently not returning and they dont shoot in winter even if there is no winter this year. You could recast it which actually might add another season or 2 to the show which is win-win?

Selleck is nearly 80 so I thought 15 seasons would be a good send off. It'll be interesting how they say goodbye with the characters. Will Jamie get a big promotion on his way to the Commissioner's chair? Will Danny find a love interest & get remarried? Will Erin set her sites on being District Attorney? I expect Frank will retire & ride off into the sunset.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, bustamente said:

All the remaining living cast members are in there 80's, where does the time go. Alda, Swit, Farrell, Burghoff, Farr

I would suspect Hawkeye Pierce isn't as fast putting the moves on some unsuspecting nurse in the supply room like he was fifty years ago. 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

All the remaining living cast members are in there 80's, where does the time go. Alda, Swit, Farrell, Burghoff, Farr

I read somewhwere that Gary Burghoff was despised by his cast members. That he was dour in his attitude & difficult to work with. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would suspect Hawkeye Pierce isn't as fast putting the moves on some unsuspecting nurse in the supply room like he was fifty years ago. 

I read somewhwere that Gary Burghoff was despised by his cast members. That he was dour in his attitude & difficult to work with. 

I think the laughing face from bustamente was for my first comment about Hawkey Pierce's sexual prowess. . 

15 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

MASH is still one of my all time favorite shows. 

I was only old enough to watch the first run of the last couple of seasons but I remember watching the reruns for years on CKND.

It's in my top 5.  The ability to do comedy and drama in the same show was terrific.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The two Norman Lear shows I watched were All In The Family as well as Sanford & Son. I didn't care much for Maude ( I couldn;t stand her character) or the Jeffersons. Was Good Times a Norman Lear production? 

actually yes in fact I read something about Ralph Carter getting the job (and the first role cast) after Lear saw him in the musical version of Raisin in the Sun on Broadway

Edited by iHeart