The TV Thread

we watch all the Law and Orders on CityTV, and I watch hockey on Sportsnet and TSN3, and football on TSN.......but man, other than that.... it's basically all streaming for us on Prime and Disney+. We used to have Crave but ditched that (thinking about getting it again) and have Netflix but really don't use it for much other than shitty Christmas movies (the wife) and The Crown (me)....

I spend a good chunk of my time watching the stuff on my youtube playlists, there isn't alot of good scripited stuff out there, all I have are the 911's and Hudson and Rex (and the Masked Singer and Whose Line but those aren't scripted)

oh and Bombers and Jets

Oh not fair, damn those strikes

https://tvline.com/news/the-good-doctor-spinoff-cancelled-lawyer-kennedy-mcmann-abc-1234969653/

https://tvline.com/news/the-rookie-feds-cancelled-season-2-abc-1234977150/

I wonder when The Conners return they'll take a swipe over the fact that they used See You In September over the credits and they didn't come back until early 2024 (you have no idea how meta they can be)

Edited by iHeart

On 2023-11-09 at 1:40 PM, Noeller said:

we watch all the Law and Orders on CityTV, and I watch hockey on Sportsnet and TSN3, and football on TSN.......but man, other than that.... it's basically all streaming for us on Prime and Disney+. We used to have Crave but ditched that (thinking about getting it again) and have Netflix but really don't use it for much other than shitty Christmas movies (the wife) and The Crown (me)....

You like The Crown? I don't have Netfkix so whenever I go down to Seattle to visit my son & daughter in law I binge watch it as much as I can. I'm at the episode where Diana met her future boyfriend Dodi Fayed who owned Harrod's in London. I'm going down there for Thanksgiving so I'll watch a few more episodes, I'm sure. Also binge watched The Orville right to the end. My family likes to go to bed at 10:30 & I'm more of a nighthawk so I have the time to watch these shows when they're asleep. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-11-09 at 1:07 PM, iHeart said:

hmmm 911 Lonestar wasn't effected by the Strike or it would have been mentioned

https://deadline.com/2023/11/tv-shows-return-dates-actors-strike-1235598536/

I wonder if these shows can do as close to a 22 episode season without breaks between January & June? Or if that is even the plan? The TV season now has a fall & winter break to stretch it from September to May anyway. Plus throw in unscheduled two or 3 week breaks dujring the season as well. Usually the longest break is after mid November to Thanksgiving in the US to the first week of January & then another long break in March. Then back at it to finish the season in May with the last 4 or 5 episodes. The actors should be well rested as they've been off since April. Some may even want to get paid. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wonder if these shows can do as close to a 22 episode season without breaks between January & June? Or if that is even the plan? The TV season now has a fall & winter break to stretch it from September to May anyway. Plus throw in unscheduled two or 3 week breaks dujring the season as well. Usually the longest break is after mid November to Thanksgiving in the US to the first week of January & then another long break in March. Then back at it to finish the season in May with the last 4 or 5 episodes. The actors should be well rested as they've been off since April. Some may even want to get paid. 

oh the 911 Lonestar people will be well rested alright I have since learned that it won't be back til NEXT fall as in Fall 2024

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

oh the 911 Lonestar people will be well rested alright I have since learned that it won't be back til NEXT fall as in Fall 2024

Programs like Blue Bloods, the NCIS Seies, the Chicago series & Law & order will all be back. Popular comedies like Ghosts & Young Sheldon  as well. It'll be interesting to see what they do with these series. I'm thjinking we'll see the last season of Star Trek: Discovery sometimes before 2030.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Programs like Blue Bloods, the NCIS Seies, the Chicago series & Law & order will all be back. Popular comedies like Ghosts & Young Sheldon  as well. It'll be interesting to see what they do with these series. I'm thjinking we'll see the last season of Star Trek: Discovery sometimes before 2030.

oh I thought I posted the CBS schedule I guess I didn't

https://tvline.com/news/cbs-premiere-dates-2023-season-delayed-ncis-young-sheldon-list-1235078886/

uh do we really need this? (do you know how popular this show was? I actually found out this past summer that it had an SNES game.....now how did Family Matters resist this?) I only want them to do this IF they do a Let's Go to the Disney Parks episode (and yeah I am aware of how Meta it can possibly be)

https://deadline.com/2023/11/home-improvement-spinoff-mulled-tim-allen-1235616029/

Edited by iHeart

On 2023-11-16 at 7:14 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is from the article on Blue Bloods:

Coming off a double Hollywood strike that reduced the sizes of the 2023-24 scripted seasons to 10-13 episodes each — with a number of CBS shows only doing 10 — the network is giving two of its top series that are coming to an end, Blue Bloods and Young Sheldon, a proper sendoff with expanded final seasons. As Deadline reported last week, the Big Bang Theory prequel’s seventh and final season will be comprised of 14 episodes.

Awww boooo

https://tvline.com/news/muppets-mayhem-cancelled-season-2-disney-plus-1235029937/

I'm starting to think that Family Guy is inching closer towards "Borrowed Time" on the network

https://tvline.com/news/fox-premiere-dates-2023-season-delayed-cleaning-lady-911-lone-star-missing-list-1235084126/

Edited by iHeart