The TV Thread

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You totally lost me. 

DVR's usually have these glitches that sometimes when a reboot of something is airing they usually put episode or program info about the original series (oddly they should be having a graphic of Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego because I consider Netflix Carmen Sandiego to be a reboot of WoEiCS with several computer game easter eggs, even though they did do a certain little theme song once but that was in the interactive special)

This would be all fine and good if the Surreal Life had a Canadian home (I can't seem to get the show on a torrent, and it's not on Pluto TV Canada, I don't have Paramount+) we also have a second generation cast member here Josie Canseco is the daughter of Jose Canseco

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/13/kim-zolciak-reality-tv-future-divorce-real-housewives/

Edited by iHeart

Anyone watching Only Murders In The Building? Martin and Martin really are fabulous and a lot of the guest characters have been wonderful additions. Still can't quite figure out the "Whodunit" of it all, but I've at least got some theories and educated guesses......

https://tvline.com/lists/dancing-with-the-stars-season-32-cast-full-list-dwts/

I always have a personal theory that the people that do this show would normally later do the Masked Singer (though Barry Williams did it a year ago)

come on we don't want to give FOX a reason to revive the Masked Dancer

https://tvline.com/news/hollywood-strikes-update-cancelled-tv-season-1235042919/

The show has already been renewed for season 11 but a different judge will be sitting on the panel that season

https://tvline.com/news/nicole-scherzinger-leaving-masked-singer-season-11-rita-ora-new-judge-1235043042/

Edited by iHeart

I just finished season 1 of Foundation (Apple TV) and am a couple of episodes into season 2. 

This is an excellent show. I'm really enjoying it. The story, based on Asimov's Foundation series, feels fresh and interesting. 

If you have Apple TV and are interested in sci-fi, you should be watching.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Anyone watching Only Murders In The Building? Martin and Martin really are fabulous and a lot of the guest characters have been wonderful additions. Still can't quite figure out the "Whodunit" of it all, but I've at least got some theories and educated guesses......

My wife and I love this show and have been waiting for Season 3 to drop. Just starting watching season 3 a couple days ago. It's been fun seeing some of the old SCTV actors working again. Martin Short and Andrea Martin here, Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara in Schitt's Creek.

On 2023-09-12 at 1:20 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

'Space: 1999' documentary focusing on the iconic Eagle spacecraft launches campaign on Kickstarter (exclusive) https://trib.al/FEhUZYW

This was to my knowledge, Gerry Anderson's first foray into children's sci fi on tv in 1960. I remember this show well. I used to race home to watch it after school on CBC. 

Then Gerry Anderson came up with Fireball XL-5 in 1962.

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

we don't have Crave anymore, but when I did, I really enjoyed season 1. Going to find a way to watch S2.... I thought it was really interesting. Shame it didn't get a 3rd...

On 2023-08-09 at 4:53 PM, Noeller said:

So I think we're through 7 episodes now (Richie interns at the fancy restaurant), but holy **** episode 6 with all the guest stars. I thought I'd seen the best episode of TV I'd ever seen earlier this year with the Logan's Dead episode of Succession...... I think we have a new winner with The Bear S2 E6...... that was insanity. I was watching at least one person win an Emmy "in real time" last night........ truly incredible. That episode was a clinic....

I watched this yesterday morning and will need to watch it again as  I didn't see the same as you. I found the chaos overwhelming and had a hard time following along. I did love the transformation of Ritchie in EP7 "I wear suits now".

Just now, GCJenks said:

I watched this yesterday morning and will need to watch it again as  I didn't see the same as you. I found the chaos overwhelming and had a hard time following along. I did love the transformation of Ritchie in EP7 "I wear suits now".

I've talked to a few people who much preferred E7 because it was a much easier watch. I didn't mind the chaos of E6 (though I understand how hard that is to watch, and it can be panic-inducing for people who have lived through similar situations) and thought it was a master class in acting, not to mention directing and cinematography. The choreography of that episode was brilliant. They're going to win so many Emmy's next year for that episode...

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

For episode 6, I think the panic, anxiety, etc for the viewer is exactly what they were going for, and they nailed it.

Episode 7 was also a really great episode. I also really enjoyed the one where Marcus was overseas honing his skills.

also a great ep, indeed.... getting some back-story on Carmen's work over in Netherlands and his impact on the chef over there was really cool.