Burke Calls The Team "immature"

B-F-F-C

In an interview in yesterday's freep, Burke told the team that they were immature. He was referring to the teams inability to overcome adversity and used the Stamps comeback over the Als as an example of a team that can.

So does Burke want a more veteran team?

In an interview in yesterday's freep, Burke told the team that they were immature. He was referring to the teams inability to overcome adversity and used the Stamps comeback over the Als as an example of a team that can.

So does Burke want a more veteran team?

He got called on that by Bob Irving on the coach's show...he had to backtrack on that as he has quite a few veterans, two or three years anyway, on the team. He really doesn't have a clue!

All I'm hearing in this thread, is a whole lotta "We're 1-3 right now..." .......easy to point fingers at something so ridiculous as "what Burke says in the media". If we weren't 1-3 to start, nobody would care a lick about what he says or how he says it. Christ, it's not that far removed from the stuff Kelly was saying in the media. I'll take Burke's "sometimes-too-blunt" honesty over Kelly being a *****, any day...

There's more to it than just that though. I mean Burke took over when they fired Lapo and his team got hammered 52-0 and showed no signs of life! That should be the easiest situation to motivate a team ever and he failed to do it. I like Burke and his honesty, I just still wonder if he's got the right stuff to be the man in charge. 

All I'm hearing in this thread, is a whole lotta "We're 1-3 right now..." .......easy to point fingers at something so ridiculous as "what Burke says in the media". If we weren't 1-3 to start, nobody would care a lick about what he says or how he says it. Christ, it's not that far removed from the stuff Kelly was saying in the media. I'll take Burke's "sometimes-too-blunt" honesty over Kelly being a ****, any day...

You think he'd be calling them immature if they were 3 - 1? Perhaps he needs to invest in a book cliches...

There's more to it than just that though. I mean Burke took over when they fired Lapo and his team got hammered 52-0 and showed no signs of life! That should be the easiest situation to motivate a team ever and he failed to do it. I like Burke and his honesty, I just still wonder if he's got the right stuff to be the man in charge. 

That's fine -- if you want to talk about the record under him and say he's not a good enough coach, that's fine. But I take issue with people harping on his quotes. It's ridiculous...

That's fine -- if you want to talk about the record under him and say he's not a good enough coach, that's fine. But I take issue with people harping on his quotes. It's ridiculous...

Why?

It's not really the quotes to me, it's the philosophy behind them.

I don't know if this is the fairest way to describe it, because I'm sure he's an intelligent football coach, but based on some of the things that come out of his mouth, I'm starting to wonder if he's an intelligent person

there was a team meeting this week right? as in: the players took it upon themselves to hold each other accountable and try to sack up for this Friday, right?

seems like a poor time to chuck an insult at them.

Well, if he wants a more "mature" team, I suggest he talk to Joe Mack & tell him to start signing some CFL free agents in February instead of sitting on his ass doing nothing all the while saying he doesn't want veteran players from other teams.

Well, if he wants a more "mature" team, I suggest he talk to Joe Mack & tell him to start signing some CFL free agents in February instead of sitting on his ass doing nothing all the while saying he doesn't want veteran players from other teams.

I would think Burke has a big part in asking or suggesting which FAs he wants to coach. If there is no communication both ways...then there is trouble.

blah blah blah, Burke plays a big part in keeping the team young by valuing speed speed and more speed as highly as he does. Burke wants athletes as much as the GM and that means that older players don't get as many chances once they start to slow down. 

If the Bombers are as immature as Burke says, then he should take that up with Joe Mack.

i think Burke is none to happy about being the youngest team in the league for the 4th year in a row, Burke back pedalling a bit, is an indication of that.

i think Burke is none to happy about being the youngest team in the league for the 4th year in a row, Burke back pedalling a bit, is an indication of that.

absolute nonsense. Burke puts speed as priority #1 and that by it's nature leads to a younger team. Ever notice how all the older players on the team are on offense but it's always the veterans on defense getting cut as soon as they lose a bit of speed? (Hefney, Logan, Kent last year, maybe Johnson soon this year) 

If Burke thinks his team is immature then it is a reflection on the coaching because in the context he used the term in I don't think he's talking about young and inexperience.

I will admit that the offense can screw up more & longer than the defense can before a change is made in personnel.

It's crazy, I read in the free press that Denmark was taking 2nd team reps in practise for a while this week too... which is crazy after he had a good game against Toronto. Not sure why he's on the **** list and can't get off of it when there's far bigger issues on the offence in terms of personnel. 

Burke has made some questionable coaching decisions (the punt in the 2012 LDC, keeping Crowton, not hiring more experienced offensive coaches, not hiring a QB coach to name some). Add those to his comments be it calling out players (Elliott is a turnover machine) and it makes you think he's not head coach material.

It's crazy, I read in the free press that Denmark was taking 2nd team reps in practise for a while this week too... which is crazy after he had a good game against Toronto. Not sure why he's on the **** list and can't get off of it when there's far bigger issues on the offence in terms of personnel. 

Wow, like that is crazy. This team is becoming dysfunctional.... More & more everyday.