Burke Calls The Team "immature"

B-F-F-C

I still don't get this.  Why is it then if he got fired, they'd still have to pay out his salary?  If a regular Joe gets fired from his/her job, it's not like they continue to pay them out.  When you're fired, you're fired.  Is this because of how easy it is to lose your job in Pro sports?

I still don't get this.  Why is it then if he got fired, they'd still have to pay out his salary?  If a regular Joe gets fired from his/her job, it's not like they continue to pay them out.  When you're fired, you're fired.  Is this because of how easy it is to lose your job in Pro sports?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_law

We're only paying Lapo for 2013 I believe, 2014 was non guaranteed.

Yes.  I believe you are right.  That's when he'll put himself back on the market and end the TSN gig, after he no longer is getting paid not to coach.  I think after Montreal implodes this year and they send Gary Busey packing Bart Andrus style you'll see him in Montreal as their OC.  I hope they are smart enough not to hand him the HC job.

But unfortunately Mack is the one I'd prefer to keep. Either way I think if Mack gets fired a new GM will bring in his own coach. No one is going to take the job and be told that he has to stick with a dud of a head coach. 

I think Burke will be kept for financial considerations. Having to pay 3 head coaches simultaneously.... Not good.

Burke is a good coach but catches alot of heat from the fans because of the losing record.  He has sculpted the Defence into a very solid, high caliber unit that seems to show up game after game after game. Mack has brought in alot of good players that seemingly fit into our system.  The glairing issues with the team are on offense.  He can only work with the players he has and the players (QB) to this point have been very weak the last 3 seasons.  Crouton may be a big part of the issue, but really he can only work with the players he is given as well.  So.. the Offensive players supplied by joe mack are not cutting it. Not sure what he could have done differently aside from trading for glen or going all in with for rielly..  But QBing has been an issue for 3 seasons, and other teams have been able to address them in that time including, TO, Hamilton, Calgary and Even Edmonton (attempted.. not sure if it pays off) have all made moves to upgrade their QBs.

If the teams starts winning, then the fans won't care what burke is saying to the media.. The fans will be happy as long as the team wins or looks very competive and that the offense starts moving the ball downfield.. 2 and out are not going to cut it as the fans have been watching the same thing over and over again for 3 years and finally can't stand it anymore.

Burke is a good coach but catches alot of heat from the fans because of the losing record.  He has sculpted the Defence into a very solid, high caliber unit that seems to show up game after game after game. Mack has brought in alot of good players that seemingly fit into our system.  The glairing issues with the team are on offense.  He can only work with the players he has and the players (QB) to this point have been very weak the last 3 seasons.  Crouton may be a big part of the issue, but really he can only work with the players he is given as well.  So.. the Offensive players supplied by joe mack are not cutting it. Not sure what he could have done differently aside from trading for glen or going all in with for rielly..  But QBing has been an issue for 3 seasons, and other teams have been able to address them in that time including, TO, Hamilton, Calgary and Even Edmonton (attempted.. not sure if it pays off) have all made moves to upgrade their QBs.

If the teams starts winning, then the fans won't care what burke is saying to the media.. The fans will be happy as long as the team wins or looks very competive and that the offense starts moving the ball downfield.. 2 and out are not going to cut it as the fans have been watching the same thing over and over again for 3 years and finally can't stand it anymore.

One thing: the QB we have is the QB Burke wanted.

That's on him.

That's on him.

This. Burke is a hell of a coordinator, there's no doubt about that, but as a head coach he's still got a lot to prove. Taking over last year and having 2 of the first 3 weeks where the team just absolutely rolled over and died was not a good start. Then he stuck with an obviously finished qb and he's 1-3 to start this year with the offense looking horrible the whole time... I don't want to throw him under the bus but so far he's not proving a lot as head coach.

That's on him

Well sorta... He/crouton didn't want elliot or brink anymore.  Buck of old looked like a better bet then brink and elliot had issues with burke (rumours).

So Burke picked Buck out of the four Qbs we had on the roster, and he has to accept that responsibility but he isn't able to orchastrate a trade for a qb from another team.

Well sorta... He/crouton didn't want elliot or brink anymore.  Buck of old looked like a better bet then brink and elliot had issues with burke (rumours).

So Burke picked Buck out of the four Qbs we had on the roster, and he has to accept that responsibility but he isn't able to orchastrate a trade for a qb from another team.

No, but he can certainly make it known he'd like Mack to try.

Did he? I don't know. Somehow I don't think so.

This. Burke is a hell of a coordinator, there's no doubt about that, but as a head coach he's still got a lot to prove. Taking over last year and having 2 of the first 3 weeks where the team just absolutely rolled over and died was not a good start. Then he stuck with an obviously finished qb and he's 1-3 to start this year with the offense looking horrible the whole time... I don't want to throw him under the bus but so far he's not proving a lot as head coach.

For sure.. He didn't come into an ideaL situation last year and the team didn't respond the way alot of us expected.. This is looking alot like last season.. But i'm not convinced starting Brink, Elliot, Goltz or Hall over buck in the first 4 games would have made that much of an impact.. I mean Goltz is green so he may flop or he might excel... I liked Brink but Elliot seemed to play at a higher level when he was on his game.. But if the rumors were true and he wasn't doing what was instructed i can see why they let him go.. 

I don't have much faith in Crouton (what i call him) At running the offense... But everything else has changed over the past 3 seasons.. OCs, HCs but the QB has remained mostly the same.. And the offense still suffers that same symptoms game after game after game.

I can only hope that Crouton and Burke are right when they believe Goltz is better suited and more talented then brink or Elliot were... I'm not sure i trust their judgement, but at this point we have to believe they know what they are doing.. even if it doesn't really look that way.

No, but he can certainly make it known he'd like Mack to try.

Did he? I don't know. Somehow I don't think so.

We have no way of knowing either way.. Well.. I guess we kinda do.. 2 QBs were cut because  Burke and crouton  wanted something else.  But I'm not sure .  Burke doens't know the offensive side of the ball and readily admits that.. So i don't think it would be that far of a stretch to suggest that he wouldn't be able to effectively evaluate a QBs skill set.. He would have to rely on Mack and Crouton and their opinions.. But then.. Crouton might not have a clue what it takes to excel in the CFL.. Atleast he hasn't be able to prove anything yet with the players they have.

He does have a wierd way Only wanting to start Buck, but that may be to give Goltz more time to grow and keeping the fans pressure off of him to excel.. If he is annoited #1 then fans will expect him to play at that level.. If you keep him at #2 fans seems to relax a bit knowing that our #1 is injured... Its just too bad that our #1 is so weak.

So, what do we do? Sign him to a 3 year contract.

You inherit a first place team (10 - 8) who went to the Grey Cup.........and that's not an ideal situation for a new coach......other than having won the Grey Cup......you don't get any better than that. Unless of course it was somebody else's fault that the team went to horse shat......Mr Mack.

Both Brink or Elliott would of easily been better than Buck, so don't even go there and if a HC can't evaluate a QBs skillset, then he should not be a HC, heck he shouldn't even be in football.

Well, what exactly do people want? Not to fire Burke or to fire him? We can't have it both ways.... Some like 17, are saying we fire too many coaches. Others want him & mack gone. Discuss...

He never should of been hired in the first place, hes' clearly in way over his head. I don't care if we fire him or not though because I doubt the clowns above him would take the time to recruit somebody who actually deserves the spot. We already got this bozo signed for 3 years, may as well wait it out and see how fast he can learn the things he should already know.

Obviously a defensively minded head coach can work if you have a strong OC, No one is calling for Chamberlins or Benvedies (sp) head right now or saying they shouldn't have been hired.

I have a feeling if we had Lulay or Durant as our QB no one would be crying about our situation either.  It's amazing what a difference a QB makes.