Burke Calls The Team "immature"

B-F-F-C

You know, one of the big reasons Mike Kelly was fired was because of the way he treated the local media. Right  now, Burke still has the media on his side. If he starts alienating them to where they turn on him then he's done. They will make his life miserable & the fans will be against him. A smart head coach knows how to use the media to his advantage. I don't think Burke has that figured out yet. Burke is beginning to act like the pressure is getting to him. The way a coach talks to the media is usually an early sign of trouble.

Can Goltz win the game the starting job on Friday night?

"Maybe," Burke says.

As a coach a big part of your job is to have an almost irrational confidence in your team and players, at least in public.  If you don't think you have a chance to win, forfeit and respect my time.

See the correction....

Ah no problem.  I just saw that and even I couldn't believe he would say that.  TBH, I think calling the team immature was not like calling them a group of children.  I've heard coaches say that about young teams - and let's be honest, we're still pretty young - all the time.  I don't really have a problem with him saying that.

But, I do have a problem listening to him on H&L going on an on about how great Calgary is.  Then to say they don't do know to win? And I still think they were trying noticeably more than Hamilton, for example.  

Ah no problem.  I just saw that and even I couldn't believe he would say that.  TBH, I think calling the team immature was not like calling them a group of children.  I've heard coaches say that about young teams - and let's be honest, we're still pretty young - all the time.  I don't really have a problem with him saying that.

But, I do have a problem listening to him on H&L going on an on about how great Calgary is.  Then to say they don't do know to win? And I still think they were trying noticeably more than Hamilton, for example.  

And it is his job to put them in a position to succeed (win).  That goes for being prepared x and o wise, and mentally.  He doesn't seem overly confident in his ability or his teams ability.  The first thing he led with when he took over last season was "I don't know anything about offence." 

Burke got a three year contract in November last year.

(http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/11/01/t ... right-path) Stupid link doesn't work unless you are a subscriber

I don't get why they did that.... it's not like the team went undefeated when he took over and that things were that rosey.   He should of been given a 1 year tryout before they hitched the wagon to him.   

I don't get why they did that.... it's not like the team went undefeated when he took over and that things were that rosey.   He should of been given a 1 year tryout before they hitched the wagon to him.   

Bomber fans are always clamouring for consistency. I guess they got it  but as is the Bomber way, we like to pay our head coaches to sit & not coach. We've been doing this since 2008, I believe. Signing an unproven head coach to a long term contract when he proved nothing is ludicrous.

Three years was a terrible decision. Hoping that only one is guaranted like LaPo's.

As an aside, anybody else dislike LaPo on TSN? No insight, no personality.

No offence, but that's just LaPolice is like.

Did I just use LaPolice and no offence in the same sentence?

I still think if Mack is fired then the new GM will keep Burke around for at least one more season because of financial reasons as in it's not good business practice to pay for 3 head coaches simultaneously... Mack is more on the hot seat if this team fails than Burke.

I still think if Mack is fired then the new GM will keep Burke around for at least one more season because of financial reasons as in it's not good business practice to pay for 3 head coaches simultaneously... Mack is more on the hot seat if this team fails than Burke.

But unfortunately Mack is the one I'd prefer to keep. Either way I think if Mack gets fired a new GM will bring in his own coach. No one is going to take the job and be told that he has to stick with a dud of a head coach. 

I really hope we don't fire Mack. I'd like to keep Burke and freehand around for defensive reasons. It's too bad burkes losing the fans with the comments... I think for the most part he says things in humor.

What I want is a new OC ASAP