Burke Calls The Team "immature"

B-F-F-C

I hear you......had to take a few deep breaths, to avoid the O+S being one gin-fuelled rant.....

The Blue looked like a bunch of kittens, out there - no intensity, while being pushed around, up and down the field, on both sides of the ball..

Total garbage.....might as well play the rest of the home games at Brady Road....and save 200 million dollars.

no I mean like the complete 180 for Toronto simply by adding Ricky Ray. (also of note how far Edmonton fell without Ray) 

So you're suggesting that we make a trade for a top tier QB?  Which one and what do you think we should give up?  Hint: None are available and Mack wouldn't make a trade anyway.

So you're suggesting that we make a trade for a top tier QB?  Which one and what do you think we should give up?  Hint: None are available and Mack wouldn't make a trade anyway.

I'm suggesting that the qb position is such an issue that it's hard to properly judge the rest of the team. The good news however is that Goltz actually showed a hell of a lot of good things for a first start so he might wind up being a good enough option. For a guy in his first start he made pretty good decisions and showed he's got the arm to make some tough throws. Stick with him we might solve our own problem. Which unfortunately doesn't mean a lot when the defense has completely imploded. 

here's another thing that puzzles me.... Burke raves about Cauchy Muambas understanding of the game but I just don't see it. what am I missing? Seems to me that the mental aspect is the weakest part of his game and he makes a lot of errors in judgement out there. 

here's another thing that puzzles me.... Burke raves about Cauchy Muambas understanding of the game but I just don't see it. what am I missing? Seems to me that the mental aspect is the weakest part of his game and he makes a lot of errors in judgement out there. 

I find this strange as well...  Cauchy is pretty average out there.  Burke seems to have some favourites - Buck, Goltz, Etienne, Muambas, Dunn, Ian Anderson - that he raves about and with everyone else, he is blunt and talks about expecting more from them.  Its weird.

Broken record alert... but I sure would have rather seen Logan and Hefney (and Elliott and Kent... etc) actually 'lose' their jobs and still be on the roster as a backup than just cut outright - all these years of cutting vets for the latest and greatest prospect have caught up to us.  Zero leadership.

I find this strange as well...  Cauchy is pretty average out there.  Burke seems to have some favourites - Buck, Goltz, Etienne, Muambas, Dunn, Ian Anderson - that he raves about and with everyone else, he is blunt and talks about expecting more from them.  Its weird.

Broken record alert... but I sure would have rather seen Logan and Hefney (and Elliott and Kent... etc) actually 'lose' their jobs and still be on the roster as a backup than just cut outright - all these years of cutting vets for the latest and greatest prospect have caught up to us.  Zero leadership.

well Hefney I am not concerned about, he isn't able to play for the team he's on now. I'd have kept Logan as a backup for sure though, better than Dan ******* West that's for sure. 

well Hefney I am not concerned about, he isn't able to play for the team he's on now. I'd have kept Logan as a backup for sure though, better than Dan ******* West that's for sure. 

I've never been a fan of the whole 'isn't able to play for another team' argument... we all know that different coaches use different Ds and, well, practice is kind of important... unless you're the bombers - then resting everyone and praying that they stay healthy is important. 

He might be in street clothes... but Hef is an upgrade over any DB we have right now...  Suber is getting torched regularly, Stewart (to me) looks like he's playing hurt, JJ has lost a step, Markett is learning the game, same with Washington...  Cauchy - well... the jury is out on whether he should be starting...

However, you look at it - that team last night looked shattered...  Don't be surprised if they guys just start partying this season.

hefney started playing and was benched when they realized he couldn't cover properly anymore so in that case yeah no loss cutting him. His skills have diminished so might as well move on, especially if you have concerns about his attitude. Hefney was really cut so that washington could replace him which is an upgrade, washington has been good this year and they were high on markett as a rookie so if you like the rookie might as well move on. 

Tate would be available for the right price. With the emergence of BLM now.

Well, Tate would have to  have about 20 more injuries or break  an arm shaving before being fairly compared to Buck... It just may be some temporary  bad luck & he may never get seriously hurt again. With Buck, you know it's going to happen again & again. Not so with Tate. He'd make a difference IF he had a playbook to work with. I doubt this team could win with a healthy Doug Flutie in his prime with Crowton calling the plays but to get a guy like Tate??? Either  he stays in Calgary or Ottawa is gonna grab him. I'd rather he be here in Winnipeg than Ottawa.

Well, Tate would have to  have about 20 more injuries or break  an arm shaving before being fairly compared to Buck... It just may be some temporary  bad luck & he may never get seriously hurt again. With Buck, you know it's going to happen again & again. Not so with Tate. He'd make a difference IF he had a playbook to work with. I doubt this team could win with a healthy Doug Flutie in his prime with Crowton calling the plays but to get a guy like Tate??? Either  he stays in Calgary or Ottawa is gonna grab him. I'd rather he be here in Winnipeg than Ottawa.

Tate had shoulder problems and other injuries before he even replaced Burris. Really good player, but hes the worst possible fit for Winnipeg right now.