Ryan Lucas torn ACL done for the season

Jpan85

As far as the ratio goes ... if we weren't going 4 OL before, we probably will be now. Or you swing a trade with Hamilton for a DT.

Even if we go 4 OL, we desperately need to add another Canadian who can play, likely a receiver or DL.  The chances of Watson surviving 18 games are pretty low, our depth is wire thin, we lose a couple NI's who we're counting on to play on O or D and we're totally screwed, we've already lost one.

Do you think they double back and move Quinn Everett back to DL

I haven't watched a second of him in camp (allergic to shade or something like that) but that was also what I was thinking.  The Dline was going to feature Thomas and Lucas rotating with some guys in other positions to get that 7th NI.  Can Everett be ready to take on that responsibility by the time camp breaks?

Yes, it sucks for Lucas, big time…what a huge disappointment.

*Also sucks for kicker Brett Maher…his chances just slipped lower….for now.

Why would Maher be affected at all?

I would assume NI depth as tenuous as it is right now, at any position, will not allow us  an import kicker.

Yes, it sucks for Lucas, big time…what a huge disappointment.

*Also sucks for kicker Brett Maher…his chances just slipped lower….for now.

Why would Maher be affected at all?

I would assume NI depth as tenuous as it is right now, at any position, will not allow us  an import kicker.

4 DI's this year.  There's room for him if he earns it.

You think with all the non import DL Hamilton has they are going to have to release one or two at the end of preseason.

Edmonton had a glut of NI Dlinemen and carried all those guys last year (year before?, crap I'm getting old) without dropping one.  It would be nice if it happens but we can't plan for it.

Too bad for Lucas, this is probably the end of his career here though. He got injured last season too.

Up there in age too isn't he? wont be easy coming back from an ACL injury.

He'll be 30 by the end of the year... definitely still time to recover.... but this is very unfortunate news.... I was looking forward to seeing him on the d-line this year