Ryan Lucas torn ACL done for the season

Jpan85

I would prefer to see the Bombers manipulate the defensive backfield to fix the ratio problem.  Screwing with the O-Line ratio has the potential to handicap a new offense with fledgling QB's which will be vulnerable.  After the performance last year It would be a minor miracle if the same group of non-imports plus Goosen could meld to protect the QB sufficiently.  Plus the non-import candidates for DB are all moderately talented CFL veterans so they should be able to fit into Etch scheme somewhere.

Walters probably dangling his 2nd round pick for a NI OL (a G or C)

Can't see them dangling a 2nd round pick for a center when they just drafted a guy they're hoping will man the position for the next 10-15. Guard, probably.

MOS spoke glowingly of Jake Thomas today in his press conference.

To be fair, MOS speaks glowingly of everyone.

Yup.  He's talking everyone up and hasn't said a bad word about anyone on the team, until they are cut that is.

Walters looking to trade for another NI OL...  I wonder how much Pencer's flu has to do with this?  Maybe he didn't show up in shape...??  Why else would we be wasting time with Dan Knapp, etc at RG...

We have six imports competing for essentially one tackle position (which should be Jones or January... no brainer)... and eight NI competing for the other four - its a weird camp.

Edit:  Just read this... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/06/05/bombers-scarily-thin-on-canadian-talent

Three import OL considered...  now I am sure Pencer is either pissed off or out of shape...

Sure hope we don't move ahead with that, NI OL seemed like one of the few positions on the team where we might have some depth

Yup.  He's talking everyone up and hasn't said a bad word about anyone on the team, until they are cut that is.

LOL  I noticed that too!  So far I like his style...everything is good until it's not.

We already are in big trouble!  We were in big trouble before any injuries happened...  Watson (as much as I love him) has proven to be completely unreliable in terms of health.  And now the team with the least amount of CDN talent gets worse.  I see that Etienne Legare is still a FA.  Wouldn't he be a decent fill in for this year if we cannot get anyone else??  Or take a chance on Forzani.  he has to be better than one of our other guys...isn't he?  And that ain't saying much. 

We are going to be lucky to win 6 games

So basically Ryan Lucas was going to be our MVP this season.

They had already started engraving his name on the trophy.

Drama club is out for summer.

The Bombers will improve their team this year.  They will find enough talented import players who will make us better.  They will pick up some NI players who will make us better.  NI's make up half the team.  Upgrading that part to contender status will take more than one season.  This was true a month ago, long before Lucas got hurt, long before the draft.

We won't be lucky to win 6 games this year, we will be good enough to win 6 games this year in a much tougher division.  Maybe 7.  Maybe 8.

No drama at all.  I'm just calling it like it is.  We are not a good football team.  you'll see.

No Lucas wasn't going to be our MVP, of course not.  just commenting on how pathetically weak our Canadian players are over all.  And no one can argue that fact.  If you do, you're ... well ... nuts or very high on something.

Exactly.  What is coach supposed to say?  The truth?  That Jake Thomas is nowhere near starter level.  At best a back up that can play maybe 10-15 snaps a game.

Exactly.  What is coach supposed to say?  The truth?  That Jake Thomas is nowhere near starter level.  At best a back up that can play maybe 10-15 snaps a game.

That's an awfully interesting assessment to give of a guy who has played more snaps than that in the past at a fairly decent level.

Why not run TC with an NI safety and field corner - these are the only two positions where we have some level of depth.  Cdns at these positions just seem inevitable...

Talk of 3 import OL, Watson already hurt, a starting NI DT?...  I am sure there is an overall plan for our ratio but its definitely not too clear right now.

A bit worried that Etch's defence is so complicated that rotating NIs to meet our ratio will not quite work.

He makes plays http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/rookie-defensive-lineman-thomas-making-big-impact-with-bombers/article4445701/

Just like Wayne Weathers, Dave Donaldson (always around the loose ball) and other spot Canadians we've had in the past.  You need these types of guys to win.

Edit: Just read this... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/06/05/bombers-scarily-thin-on-canadian-talent

Three import OL considered... now I am sure Pencer is either pissed off or out of shape.

Starting 3 imports on the o-line seems to be complete speculation by Penton.

As for Pencer, maybe he just has the flu.

I hope so.

Still doesn't make sense to be giving imports the majority of practice time at RG though...