According To Burke, Buck Is The Starter

You guys are way too glowing on Mack.

Sure he can find DB's and receivers -- obviously a good pipeline there -- but it's clear he knows nothing about building a championship caliber team. 

His approach to Free Agency (or lack thereof) hasn't worked.

The offence is pathetic. Nausea inducing. And hanging his hat on Buck has been exactly what was expected, maybe worse.

And his coaching hires? Obviously not successful. 

Sorry guys, we will be much better off when we get someone else in who can finally address the obvious problems this team has. 

You guys are way too glowing on Mack.

Sure he can find DB's and receivers -- obviously a good pipeline there -- but it's clear he knows nothing about building a championship caliber team. 

His approach to Free Agency (or lack thereof) hasn't worked.

The offence is pathetic. Nausea inducing. And hanging his hat on Buck has been exactly what was expected, maybe worse.

And his coaching hires? Obviously not successful. 

Sorry guys, we will be much better off when we get someone else in who can finally address the obvious problems this team has. 

As said many times before,  Mack wanted to get rid of Buck.... Burke wanted to keep him.    

I'm pretty sure they would of been much more aggressive for Reilly if Burke outright said that he is done with Buck Pierce. 

We didn't give Elliott and Brink a chance to pan out, pretty sure one of them would of given enough time and fair opportunities.

Oh god, just stop.  They had plenty of opportunities last year.  

In regards to Buck being the starter, I, yet again, seriously doubt he is the one making that decision all by his lonesome.

As said many times before,  Mack wanted to get rid of Buck.... Burke wanted to keep him.    

I'm pretty sure they would of been much more aggressive for Reilly if Burke outright said that he is done with Buck Pierce. 

i don't buy it. not the part about Burke liking Buck, but that he could somehow force Mack to keep the most key position on the team in the hands of a guy he didn't want anymore. it defies logic.

further: i believe that Mack's ego still wanted Buck to come good this year so he would get the last laugh as the guy who recruited, signed and stuck by him.

i don't buy it. not the part about Burke liking Buck, but that he could somehow force Mack to keep the most key position on the team in the hands of a guy he didn't want anymore. it defies logic.

further: i believe that Mack's ego still wanted Buck to come good this year so he would get the last laugh as the guy who recruited, signed and stuck by him.

I may need a few beers in me to fully agree with you, but I am at this point definitely smelling what you are stepping in.

OH OK...well then that's all the proof I need.

:rolleyes:

Well If i recall correctly LAPO didn't want to fire Baressi nor did he want to bring in a dedicated OC as he wanted to continue calling the plays.  

Maybe i'm recalling incorrectly but that was the prevelant understanding on the other boards last year..

The Bomber Way: Hire GMs with no CFL managing experience. Hire Head Coaches with no CFL head coaching experience. Is it really a surprise when these guys continue to fail???  The culture of this club needs to change. From top to bottom. I've watched a lot of CFL games over the years & I have to tell you... that so called offense we have... & it truly is offensive... ranks up with the worst I ever saw under Joe Zaleski  going back to the late 60's. It was rank.... Just brutal. The play calling was..... ugh, enough of this self torture... Pissed off.

Lapolice, Marshall, Reed.....all have/had CFL experience none of which were good at the HC position....

Who do we get with CFL GM experience and who do we get with CFL HC exp???

I think you're over stating how attatched to Pierce Mack is. Not like he ran out and grabbed him immediately, he initially wanted no part of him but signed him anyway just because of lack of options. This past offseason I definitely got the impression that Mack was willing to move on from Pierce but Burke was the one who was adamant about keeping him. To me it's a GM giving the coach the player he wanted and trusting him. Ends up a mistake but I do think that if a GM believes in his coach then he has to give him the kinds of players that he wants. 

true... beating the Bombers and TiCats does feel a bit like winning by default. until we beat a good team, the jury is out.

yup.  Beating the Bombers isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.  And Toronto is really in tough if they have to now play the rest of the season without their gift from the league at QB.