I Like Goltz ...

IC Khari

CFL website has Goltz at 13-15 for 170 yards no tds no ints... seems like there's something there, we know Pierce doesn't have it anymore and yeah some of those Goltz stats were garbage time but he's the most athletic qb on the roster, let's give him a shot and see if he gets better. Can't be worse than going down by several scores before the game is half over. 

Perhaps he earned his shot... although the Argo D was playing pretty vanilla out there since the game was already won so Goltz stats may have been padded.   I'm fed up with the offensive play calling by Crowton and with Pierce... can't get much worse.

Goltz has the tools.. does Winnipeg have the patience to develop him? 

Perhaps he earned his shot... although the Argo D was playing pretty vanilla out there since the game was already won so Goltz stats may have been padded.   I'm fed up with the offensive play calling by Crowton and with Pierce... can't get much worse.

Goltz has the tools.. does Winnipeg have the patience to develop him? 

Do they have the offence/coordinator to showcase what he can do is an even more important question?

He made good decisions on when to not force that throw, when to leave the pocket, Buck has experience, Goltz has intelligence.  Looks like he has the arm and he's dangerous on the move.  Liked the improvising, one play in particular to Etienne was something great.  Gives us way more options because of his abilities. 

I may be (am) biased but I love what I saw from Goltz. He moved the ball and was more poised than I ever remember him being. In any event, he at least proved that even on a day when PIerce was better than usual (lol) Goltz is certainly no worse an option. This was an ugly, ugly game but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I may be (am) biased but I love what I saw from Goltz. He moved the ball and was more poised than I ever remember him being. In any event, he at least proved that even on a day when PIerce was better than usual (lol) Goltz is certainly no worse an option. This was an ugly, ugly game but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I believe you're right, once we get through this Buck stage ...

I definitely want to see how Goltz fares against tougher defenses, particularly with his reads.

I think the key thing to remember is that Goltz has shown SOMETHING- we don't know if long term success is in his future but at this point there is only one way to find out.

CFL website has Goltz at 13-15 for 170 yards no tds no ints... seems like there's something there, we know Pierce doesn't have it anymore and yeah some of those Goltz stats were garbage time but he's the most athletic qb on the roster, let's give him a shot and see if he gets better. Can't be worse than going down by several scores before the game is half over. 

Not only did his stats look good, but he had some zip to the ball when he threw.  He seems like he has a decent arm.  After watching last night (if it wasn't beginners luck) I'm all for backing Goltz and developing him this season.  As we were talking last night, I'd still like to see Hall this season just to see what he can do, but I'm liking what I saw from Goltz.  He showed poise and promise.  Crowton just needs to work on some of his gawd awful fake plays though.

Goltz's stats were decent, but we still had a lot of two and outs in the second half, so it's not like he's our saviour (our offence only generated 3 points in the second half up until that touchdown in the last minute of play). That said, I'd still like to see him start next week.

Watching that game live was unrewarding until Goltz got into the game, not because he was going to bring us back and win the game, but because, finally, he was going to get some meaningful reps.

And meaningful they were.

What he saw out there and his reaction to live bullets flying looked promising. And yes his ability to scramble was welcome. I liked that he kept seeing things downfield and was actually able to do something about them.

We're 1-3, looking at 1-4.

This is the time to make the switch in QBs.

I thought Goltz didn't look too bad, but due to his inexperience he didn't let plays develop enough....mind you TO started blitzing him as soon as he got in. There were a lot of 7 and 8 yard throws which constantly left us short, and meant 2 and out.

But...keep him playing and see if he has the moxy to improve each game...despite the fact that Crowton is the coordinator.

There is not a single reason to go with Pierce unless Burke wants to get people fired.

I think that is what is happening. Burke is so scared Buck will get hurt he has basically stuck Buck in a cage as in pocket. The other coaches knowing that blitz at will. I don't care for the way Buck has played but from Burke's views on exposing Buck I would guess Buck is hampered.