Riders Release Greg Carr

I always liked Carr and I don't really hold it against him for leaving, since it had pretty much everything to do with him needing as much money as possible to pay his mom's medical bills.

But I'm also not sorry he left because look at who replaced him.

Too bad for him - probably on their speed dial I would think...

But I also don't remember folks being up in arms about him leaving - I thought it was lame that we let him slip away for a fairly small amount but import receivers really are a dime a dozen.

I think it was the way Carr did it - agreed verbally to a contract with us, then signed with Edmonton for a bit more and didn't even let us counter it.  It was just extremely unprofessional, and as often happens, those kind of moves end up biting you in the butt.  If he had kept up his level of play, I see no reason why he wouldn't still be a Bomber right now.

I didn't like the way he backed out of the supposed agreement he had with the bombers, but I did always like him as a player and it's quite frankly shocking to me that he hasn't stuck in either Edmonton or Regina considering how good he was for the Bombers. No regrets at all having him replaced by Matthews who is obviously a better player but still, makes you wonder why this guy couldn't stick somewhere else.  

Big target, fond memories of him here in Winnipeg. Too bad he couldn't duplicate his success in Edmonton or Saskatchewan.There would be nothing to lose by bring him in at the right price, if not I won't lose any sleep.

Well... who would he replace on the active roster? 

I'd bring Carr back in place of Denmark, to be honest. But I love tall receivers.

I love tall receivers too. But we have D.Pierce on the roster though.

If we can get something for Denmark I will not opposed to bring th Carr show back.

I'd bring Carr back in place of Denmark, to be honest. But I love tall receivers.

I'd be tempted to do that too.... and last year without hesitation, but Denmark was pretty good last week so I am not so sure I'd do it right now. I love me some tall receivers, but Denmark has a lot of skills that could make him a really dangerous player if he rebounds from a bit of a letdown year last year.

Denmark already beat him out once IMO in 2011 when Carr was injured.  I guess things could be different now, but we're also running a system different from the one Carr had success in.  I don't see much value into putting Carr far away from the ball at the field WR because he's kinda lazy with his routes, has INT written all over it.

I also like Doug Pierce, he made a lot of great catches in camp and has no fear of getting dirty or getting hit.  I'd take all of them, including Carr, over Edwards at this point.  Hard to run an effective offence when the slot receiver you target most can't get much done in traffic.  We've seen that going on 5 seasons now.

I was never a huge Greg Carr fan... he was good as a scrap-heap addition when our WR cupboard was bare.  But we've evolved at WR since then... he's not going to replace Edwards or Matthews at IMP WR/SB, and IMHO, Denmark's skill trumps his size; even at the same price, forget paying Carr more (assuming his $130k/yr tops whatever we pay Denmark).

For the Bombers at this moment, Carr is a 46-man WR at best.  That's if he can beat out a healthy Isaac Anderson and Doug Pierce.

We don't need Carr, we are set at receiver.  We simply need a qb and some o line help. 

Also why take in a guy who already burned you once?  He can wait on the sidelines with TJH for someone to call him if they are desperate.