Riders Release Greg Carr

Funny, both Carr and TJ Harris are free agents now, and I don't even want them back a little bit... How far our scouting has come

I don't think that it makes any statement on how far the scouting has come. TJH was a real good player for the bombers, but he got an attitude about having to return rather than being released so he could chase the NFL dream and it ruined his career. Not the first time a good player has been tripped up by a terrible attitude. And Carr was a good player for us as well, What this really shows is how much Mack has just gone about building up the depth on this team. 

I don't think that it makes any statement on how far the scouting has come. TJH was a real good player for the bombers, but he got an attitude about having to return rather than being released so he could chase the NFL dream and it ruined his career. Not the first time a good player has been tripped up by a terrible attitude. And Carr was a good player for us as well, What this really shows is how much Mack has just gone about building up the depth on this team. 

TJH also likes to eat.  That's what really ended his career.  Not a huge market for 275 lb receivers.

I think it speaks to the fragile nature of being an American in the CFL.  There are about a million good players waiting to take these jobs.  When you are in a place where the coaches and the quarterbacks trust you it might not be wise to leave for an extra $15,000. 

Is he better than Pierce or Anderson.......at this stage he probably is until we see more of those guys, TE is in his twilight, especially the injuries seem to be catching up with him, wouldn't be surprised to see him not finish the season. We need to find his replacement sooner rather than later and I would have no qualms about Carr taking his place right now even. Don't know that I could say that about the other two we have.

I've been surprised that Carr hasn't been effective since he left Winnipeg.  I like the way he plays, especially the fade route in the endzone.  Personally, I'd take Carr over Edwards at this point and he would be a lot cheaper.  He might even be a decent replacement for Matthews next year.  All that being said.  I doubt the Bombers will make him any offers unless a couple of import receivers go down.

Finding talent is one thing. Building a team is completely different. Constantly rotating bodies thru an organization does not built continuity or a sense of team amongst players. You need a cohesive unit that believe they are a part of something, working towards a common goal. This holds for a team be it sport or business.

I was referring to TBurgess who has, in the past, railed on the Bombers for going.....younger and cheaper.

Football isn't as black and white as folks make it out to be.  I don't think Edwards gives us enough considering his salary.  I don't think he has many good games left in him.  Mack brings in lots of good receivers.  So sure, I'd go younger and cheaper in this case.