Muamba released to pursue NFL, Signed by Colts

Mr. Perfect

Why would Walters cut him! What an idiot! He should have matched the NFL offer!.... ;)

Congrats to Henoc. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

He should have at least traded his rights to an NFL team and got SOMETHING for the guy, now he's lost him for nothing. 

You can't trade his rights to an NFL team. It's not allowed.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't had my morning caffeine yet. My sarcasm detector isn't fully functional yet. Forgive me.

Thank you for this.  I needed a good laugh this morning.

Why would Walters cut him! What an idiot! He should have matched the NFL offer!.... ;)

Congrats to Henoc. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

He should have at least traded his rights to an NFL team and got SOMETHING for the guy, now he's lost him for nothing. 

You can't trade his rights to an NFL team. It's not allowed.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven't had my morning caffeine yet. My sarcasm detector isn't fully functional yet. Forgive me.

To avoid future troubles if you just read everything I post assuming I'm being sarcastic you're probably safer than assuming I'm being serious. 

Love how Wiecek is trying to pin this as a failure by the Bombers. I'd call him clueless but it may be a complement. The goal of every football player is to try their hand in the NFL.

One of the worst articles I've ever read. How can he expect any CFL team to compete with an NFL team? Ridiculous. 

I just finished reading his tweets.  That guy is a complete moron.  As if you're going to sign a guy that wants to go to the NFL BEFORE he gets a chance to go down.  Hmm...let's see...$600K starting salary or $150K to stay in winter wonderland...HHHMMMM....That's a tough one.

And the people that follow him are just as stupid.  One guy said that no one wants to sign here because we have no DC in place.  Umm...didn't we just sign Etch?

terrible article, but understandable given it is clear that Wiecek has no clue how the CFL and NFL operate. I miss the days when sports writers actually knew something about what they were writing about.

Must be a BC thing. As far as I can remember, the Friesens and the Lawless's of Manitoba sports journalism have been playing a game of "who can sound more like a moron." While covering the sports scene here..

Granted, we do have knuckles but he's essentially trapped on cjob and I can't turn my radio to am unless it's bomber related lol

He should have been moved last year when Alex Hall was, the writing was on the wall from day one, piss poor management has and is this teams biggest draw back.

The best way to get a player to return to your franchise after an NFL stint is to alienate them and make them feel as unwanted as possible on their way out.

I thought you ragged on Barker last year for releasing guys to try the NFL... around the same time we kept Vega here right up until free agency started...

Either way, it doesn't seem to matter much - Barker lost a couple guys, Vega came back even though Mack didn't help him out...

Sure hope this works out - our ratio is already in the shitter.

Umm...didn't we just sign Etch?

That's what the media says. There hasn't been an announcement yet.

Ah ok.  I thought the media article was "bombers have signed DC Etch blah blah blah".

Geez, can they start announcing stuff already.  I want to know who I'm talking about when I ***** about things.  ;)

terrible article, but understandable given it is clear that Wiecek has no clue how the CFL and NFL operate. I miss the days when sports writers actually knew something about what they were writing about.

The big problem with weicek is that he openly talks about how he doesn't care for the CFL so right there you know he's not going to put in any effort to understand the league. Guy needs to go back to the track and curling cause he actually cares enough about those to get the story right. 

Ah ok.  I thought the media article was "bombers have signed DC Etch blah blah blah".

Geez, can they start announcing stuff already.  I want to know who I'm talking about when I ***** about things.  ;)

Hopefully Monday. Squeeze it in after everyone is back from Ottawa and before FA starts.

Just reading a couple of Wiceck's tweets on this subject (and with respect to the Sims signing) .. guy comes off as quite the uninformed ****** with his weak attempt to rile up the masses ..

And really just embarrassing for him (although the bar is very low) and the Free Press.  Should have signed Muamba last off-season, during the season so NFL teams couldn't get near him.  Does he not have a memory?  Bombers have been offering him a blank cheque extension the whole way, the guy has been working towards the NFL since before the Bombers even drafted him.  

Maybe he prefers a Central American negotiation style with free agents.  The Bombers could kidnap their family members and tell them to sign with us or else.

Just reading a couple of Wiceck's tweets on this subject (and with respect to the Sims signing) .. guy comes off as quite the uninformed ****** with his weak attempt to rile up the masses ..

And really just embarrassing for him (although the bar is very low) and the Free Press.  Should have signed Muamba last off-season, during the season so NFL teams couldn't get near him.  Does he not have a memory?  Bombers have been offering him a blank cheque extension the whole way, the guy has been working towards the NFL since before the Bombers even drafted him.  

Maybe he prefers a Central American negotiation style with free agents.  The Bombers could kidnap their family members and tell them to sign with us or else.

Well we did involve Muamba's family, we let his brother play safety even though he couldn't cover or tackle. Would Bill Belichick do that?

Like JBR said, there is no quick fix to this mess and it will take years of proper drafting and the right moves to recover from.

It really shouldn't but on behalf of all Bomber fans I'd like to thank the Board of Directors for putting us  into this mess because of their utter & complete stupidity &  incompetence. Especially Paul Robson & Joe Pop former Board members who convinced the other idiots on the Board to hire their buddy Joe Mack. And to Lyle Bauer before that for bringing in his paranoid buddy Mike Kelly. Thanks to everyone involved.... I'm now firmly convinced that we need to be privately owned. 

And for those who claimed the idea of the NFL having an interest in Henoc was a joke, here's what Penton wrote:

The team targeting him is unknown, but he worked out for more than a dozen squads in the last two months, including Minnesota, Indianapolis, New England and Baltimore. 

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/05/losing-muamba-just-salt-in-the-wound-for-blue-bombers

if HM does return to the CFL after a few tryouts/offers, under whatever the new SMS turns out to be, i presume he'd be among the first wave of NIs making north of 200k

I believe the Bombers were already offering him that.