Muamba released to pursue NFL, Signed by Colts

Mr. Perfect

And for those who claimed the idea of the NFL having an interest in Henoc was a joke, here's what Penton wrote:

The team targeting him is unknown, but he worked out for more than a dozen squads in the last two months, including Minnesota, Indianapolis, New England and Baltimore. 

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/02/05/losing-muamba-just-salt-in-the-wound-for-blue-bombers

if HM does return to the CFL after a few tryouts/offers, under whatever the new SMS turns out to be, i presume he'd be among the first wave of NIs making north of 200k

I believe the Bombers were already offering him that. 

I think, as someone previously mentioned, the Bombers were essentially offering a blank cheque .. indicating they would match (beat) any offer his camp received.

Former CFL ILB Henoc Muamba's contract with the Colts is for three years and includes $107,000 guaranteed.

It's a solid sum for a player GM Ryan Grigson is essentially signing off the street. (That's how ex-CFL players are viewed in contract terms by NFL teams.) Muamba was a high-impact middle linebacker for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and is only 25 years old. Always casting a wide net for talent, Grigson unearthed Jerrell Freeman from similar obscurity and he's become a high-end NFL starter.

Former CFL ILB Henoc Muamba's contract with the Colts is for three years and includes $107,000 guaranteed.

It's a solid sum for a player GM Ryan Grigson is essentially signing off the street. (That's how ex-CFL players are viewed in contract terms by NFL teams.) Muamba was a high-impact middle linebacker for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and is only 25 years old. Always casting a wide net for talent, Grigson unearthed Jerrell Freeman from similar obscurity and he's become a high-end NFL starter.

Lol - "similar obscurity".  That's probably what Americans thought when the LA Galaxy signed Beckham.