Matt Nichols recently offered to Bombers

gbill2004

Funny feeling, call it a hunch.. Willy will be our #1 with hall and goltz battling it out for #2 (which hall wins) and McManus will have us a 3rd stringer who will be the next Reilly/Collaros/Willy..

I really think McManus will be the guy that landa us back into a good QB pipeline..

Funny feeling, call it a hunch.. Willy will be our #1 with hall and goltz battling it out for #2 (which hall wins) and McManus will have us a 3rd stringer who will be the next Reilly/Collaros/Willy..

I really think McManus will be the guy that landa us back into a good QB pipeline..

Serious question: based on what?

Super optimism powers. 

When Hall was put in, he showed he was learning the system, was reading the defence well and usually put the ball in the right read.

He was progressing nicely and seems to show an aptitude for the Canadian game.

He can move the ball.

That's the good news.

His arm strength is only functional to a spot or leading a receiver. As to velocity, I believe I typed this post faster.

Haven't seen a display of arm strength.

There is also the issue of scramble ability. Not…a…strong…point. 

All in all, I can see Hall as a decent back up who can come in and play the game.

Not sold on him being a starter.

**I was/am a fan of bringing in Willy.

Hall showed an ability to move the ball down the field..sometimes.

People seem to have forgotten the last home game of the season when Hall led the team to all of 1 TD and put up something like 150 yards passing.

If Hall is our starter next season he will have a few good games, the rest will be mediocre or awful. 

He is a capable backup and occasional starter, but in no way can the Bombers hope to get better on offense with Max Hall as a long - term starter.

Drew Tate will be our starter

Do you just pull information like this out of your butt?  How do you even come to this conclusion?  They just lost Glenn, why do you think they'd give us Tate?

Just a hunch.

Is this the same hunch where you said Khari was going to come here to be our next OC?

Although I would personally hate to have Drew Tate on our roster, Glenn going back to Calgary and Tate coming here isn't exactly outside the realm of possibilities. 

Can't see Hufnagel trading Tate. Hufnagel has made it obvious he likes Tate a lot more than fans do.

Exactly. Everyone needs to get the notion out of their heads that Tate is coming here.

I have a feeling Walters believes he's got his QB. He's going to focus his attention elsewhere now. He might be keeping his eyes peeled for a possible trade for a vet QB but I doubt that's his priority anymore.

Can't see Hufnagel trading Tate. Hufnagel has made it obvious he likes Tate a lot more than fans do.

I think Huff was hoping and praying that Ottawa would take Tate off of his hands instead of Glenn.

And yet the first thing Hufnagel did after the expansion draft was extend Tate's contract.

Well think about it. Hes got some great contacts down south from what we've heard.. And really, who better then a hall of fame CFL QB to know what a CFL QB needs to look like and be capable of?

Super optimism powers.

How about the power of super logical thought process? Read the above post, smart ass

Super optimism powers.

How about the power of super logical thought process? Read the above post, smart ass

But he hasn't proven anything yet so until such time it IS nothing more than optimism. When there's no track record it doesn't matter what it looks like on paper, optimism is the name of the game. Why not just accept and embrace that you're just being an optimist? It's not a bad thing. 

I suppose the question now is what would look better as our 4 QB line-up.................

Willy, Hall, Goltz and Brown

or

Willy, Nichols, Hall and either an old vet in the mentor role or young project type.

Funny feeling, call it a hunch.. Willy will be our #1 with hall and goltz battling it out for #2 (which hall wins) and McManus will have us a 3rd stringer who will be the next Reilly/Collaros/Willy..I really think McManus will be the guy that landa us back into a good QB pipeline..

Super optimism powers.

But he hasn't proven anything yet so until such time it IS nothing more than optimism. When there's no track record it doesn't matter what it looks like on paper, optimism is the name of the game. Why not just accept and embrace that you're just being an optimist? It's not a bad thing.

Oh I readily admit I'm an optimist but really now, is my thought process that askew? If you had scout a who was a high school water boy who went to college to become a coach and is now a us scout and scout b who is an ex qb who played high school, college and then pro and has had experience in the management side of football to boot both actively searching for QBS... who do you bet money on? It's not like I'm saying Danny Mac will find us a qb cuz he's an ex bomber and cuz he's employed by us..

Now that the Bombers have their QB they need to focus all of their time, energy and resources on building the pieces around that QB.  More specifically they need to focus their time, energy and resources on shoring up the O-line.  Not on another back-up QB. 

To give Willy the best possible chance, I would trade as many assets as it takes to bring in some quality linemen. 

If Willy doesn't pan out then at least the Bombers will have a solid front which means a better situation for the next guy. Although if we give Willy a good front 5 I think he will be successful. (That opinion is based solely on optimism... :D  )

Success in the football world starts in the trenches!

I'm a 49er fan and that's exactly how they did it.  One year they used 2 of their first round picks on O-linemen.  It wasn't popular with the fans then because it wasn't that "sexy" pick they were hoping for, but it hindsight it was very smart.

Bombers need one more QB for insurance essentially, don't see that being Glenn anymore, hard to see it being Nichols as well, unless Hervey brings down his asking price.

I'm just really hoping we don't go into the season with only adding Drew Willy, not against Hall sticking around, but Goltz needs to go and who knows about Brown.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you just pull information like this out of your butt? How do you even come to this conclusion? They just lost Glenn, why do you think they'd give us Tate?

Just a hunch.

Is this the same hunch where you said Khari was going to come here to be our next OC?

That wasn't a hunch. It was info relayed to me from the former OC. I merely passed it on. Try to relax.

Do you just pull information like this out of your butt? How do you even come to this conclusion? They just lost Glenn, why do you think they'd give us Tate?
Just a hunch.

That wasn't a hunch. It was info relayed to me from the former OC. I merely passed it on. Try to relax.

Relax?  Really?  How am I not relaxed just because I called you out on your misinformation.

And wow...bring back something I posted like...13 days ago.  And I'm the one that needs to relax.  LOL.

Just a hunch.

Relax?  Really?  How am I not relaxed just because I called you out on your misinformation.

And wow...bring back something I posted like...13 days ago.  And I'm the one that needs to relax.  LOL.

Might need to switch to decaf though .. ;-)

Nichols is one guy I wouldn't mind here, not over Willy, but in addition to Willy.  Two young guys pushing each other for the starting QB position.

Nichols sounds great... as long as we don't give anything up to get him.  We've traded a lot of picks and prospects already this year