Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

Oh great, another one of Bellefeuille's recruits.  Yay...cause those have worked out so well for us.

cmon give the guy a chance. let see what he got during TC.

I'm not talking about his OC talents...I'm talking about his crappy recruits he got them to bring in.  Boltus was one...there was another one from Hamilton.  A WR...I can't remember his name.

Oh great, another one of Bellefeuille's recruits.  Yay...cause those have worked out so well for us.

I'm not talking about his OC talents...I'm talking about his crappy recruits he got them to bring in.  Boltus was one...there was another one from Hamilton.  A WR...I can't remember his name.

You must mean Aaron Kelly, who was nothing short of amazing for us down the stretch.

You must mean Aaron Kelly, who was nothing short of amazing for us down the stretch.

Down the stretch?  You mean the stretch of games we lost?  The guy is no Boltus, but I'm pretty sure we can find an import receiver that can do a hundred times better then him.  He only averaged about 34 yards per game.  That's not screaming out amazing to me.

I don't think this guy didn't get a look from McManus/Goveia.

If any of those guys thought he (Robinson) worth a TC then we should respect their judgment.

He was plenty short of amazing. Odd how a few highlight reel grabs equate to people thinking he was amazing. Prorating his stats over 18 games would've given him a grand total of less than 650 yards.

Odd how a few highlight reel grabs equate to people thinking he was amazing. 

Seems an odd contradiction in a way. (highlight = not amazing)

I think fans were just waiting for something, anything to happen, and some of those catches were a breath of fresh air.

Odd how a few highlight reel grabs equate to people thinking he was amazing. 

Seems an odd contradiction in a way. (highlight = not amazing)

I think fans were just waiting for something, anything to happen, and some of those catches were a breath of fresh air.

I think more of the issue, at least for me, is improving our success in having potential turn into reality. With certain players, you know what you get, they either are stars, their functionally average, their role players or they get cut. But with others there's that 'he could be better' feel that takes more of an investment of time, energy, money and focus. Over the last while we haven't had the returns of this effort knowing there's always going to be busts. Also, imo, compared to most other teams, we've sucked royally at having depth to cover off our injuries. No depth, no success.  

He was plenty short of amazing. Odd how a few highlight reel grabs equate to people thinking he was amazing. Prorating his stats over 18 games would've given him a grand total of less than 650 yards.

He gets the benefit of the doubt for being more familiar with Bellefeuille's offense and that is pretty much the reason why he looked to surpass all the other receivers save for Denmark.

It doesn't seem to be in the online version of the Free Press, but Wiecek had a beauty this morning. Of course the Bombers were losers in FA, but his best comment was saved for the Ticats...slightly paraphrased as I'm going from memory, "we haven't seen that many FAs signed by one team since 2013 when the Riders did it."

Well, we certainly can't be considered winners either.  Bombers did OK, but ended up with choice number 2 or 3 for a potential starting QB (depending on who you ask), failed to significantly improve their Canadian content (although Newman might provide a bit of an upgrade over Muamba) and failed to improve the O-line (not entirely their fault with limited options out there).  While we had some solid signings and improved in a few areas, we didn't upgrade two primary areas of need, and some would say three areas due to Willy's inexperience.  I can see why Wiecek said the Bombers were losers even though I don't necessarily agree with it.