Free Agency - 2014...

Mr Dee

I don't know what to make of McCune.

He's going to be 35 going into camp, but he also started football real late. He didn't even debut in college until he was 22 years old so it's not as if he's got as much wear and tear as your typical 35 year old. He got drafted by the Redskins as a 26 year old and joined the CFL as a 31 year old rookie. He's an absolute specimen on the field and if you want a guy who is going to punish people, I'd say he's one of the hardest hitters in the league.

ROBERT%20MCCUNE.jpg

That's a dude that makes you fear the middle of the field.

I'd take him but I'd only count on it being for a year.

Wow it's like looking in a mirror.  Size wise I mean.  Yup...pumped up...*makes muscle pose*

SHUT UP VOODOO I DO SO LOOK LIKE HIM!!

Every day .. in the office .. it's like showing up to Muscle Beach .. ;-)

I don't know what to make of McCune.

He's going to be 35 going into camp, but he also started football real late. He didn't even debut in college until he was 22 years old so it's not as if he's got as much wear and tear as your typical 35 year old. He got drafted by the Redskins as a 26 year old and joined the CFL as a 31 year old rookie. He's an absolute specimen on the field and if you want a guy who is going to punish people, I'd say he's one of the hardest hitters in the league.

ROBERT%20MCCUNE.jpg

That's a dude that makes you fear the middle of the field.

I'd take him but I'd only count on it being for a year.

Wow it's like looking in a mirror.  Size wise I mean.  Yup...pumped up...*makes muscle pose*

SHUT UP VOODOO I DO SO LOOK LIKE HIM!!

Every day .. in the office .. it's like showing up to Muscle Beach .. ;-)

Voodoo likes it when I take my shirt off for him.

Hang on man, I'll walk over to your desk and give you another peek at the goods to keep you going all weekend.

I'm starting to think Matthews and Laurent are going to be back in the CFL.

i hope this where the Bombers break the bank especially on Laurent.

Especially given that I don't ever expect to see either Bilukidi or Mulumba in a Bomber uniform .. (well .. maybe not break the bank but make a damned compelling case to come here).

if I'm Walters I offer Matthews the same $$$ we gave Moore

for Laurent I'll make the highest paid DL if I can sign him for 3 yrs.

That's a good way to bid against yourself and cripple your cap flexibility. You want to invest roughly 7% of your entire salary cap into two receivers, one of which didn't even rack up 200 yards last year?

That's a good way to bid against yourself and cripple your cap flexibility. You want to invest roughly 7% of your entire salary cap into two receivers, one of which didn't even rack up 200 yards last year?

i'll shed Edwards salary for Matthews.

But why would you pay that much if you don't have to? That's what I'm saying. There's no way anyone is going to make Matthews an offer anywhere near 180k annually, why would you even approach him with that ridiculous of an offer? I doubt he's even asking for that much.

But why would you pay that much if you don't have to? That's what I'm saying. There's no way anyone is going to make Matthews an offer anywhere near 180k annually, why would you even approach him with that ridiculous of an offer? I doubt he's even asking for that much.

oh ok. i thought he gonna ask that much considering he was 1 yr away from being the top rookie.

realistically, how much do we need to offer Matthews to have a good shot of resigning him ?

Walters said we've already made him an offer, but he is exploring his NFL options first.  My guess is it would take somewhere in the $120k per season range to sign Matthews.  He had a great rookie year, but his value took a hit last season. 

its safe to say that his price gonna go up because of the interest coming from different club.

Walters said we've already made him an offer, but he is exploring his NFL options first.  My guess is it would take somewhere in the $120k per season range to sign Matthews.  He had a great rookie year, but his value took a hit last season. 

its safe to say that his price gonna go up because of the interest coming from different club.

Have other CFL clubs expressed an interest in Matthews?  I haven't heard any team specific reports on that...

Have other CFL clubs expressed an interest in Matthews?  I haven't heard any team specific reports on that...

He's got 4 CFL offers.

He's got 4 CFL offers.

Care to share who the other 3 teams are? 

He's got 4 CFL offers.

Care to share who the other 3 teams are? 

I don't know who they are. I'm just repeating what I heard during a recent interview.