Offensive Coordinator: Mike Gibson

Defensive Coordinator: Mark Nelson

Special Teams Coordinator and Running Backs Coach: Don Yanowsky

Quarterbacks Coach: Marcus Crandell

Receivers Coach: Travis Moore

Defensive Backs Coach: Ike Charlton

Offensive Assistant: Jordan Maksymic

Defensive Assistant: Derek Oswalt

Surprise up there is Ike Charlton did not know he had taken up coaching since he left Winnipeg.

Stubler gone, Nelson gone....anyone else getting nervous?

Not really.  Nelson was never in the running here this offseason.  Stubler to CGY was a bit of a kick in the nuts, but with him out of the picture, I'd really like to see an up and comer like Barron Miles get a shot.  Cerebral guy, always defended well, always a leader on that BC defence.  Surprisingly good ST player too, which would probably sit well with MOS.

That's an interesting mix for coaches for sure, might work out for them. Did Gibson run an offense in Winnipeg with Kevin Glenn as qb before? Depending on their recruiting efforts they might have a chance cause they do have a proven qb and some coaches who have been there before. 

That's an interesting mix for coaches for sure, might work out for them. Did Gibson run an offense in Winnipeg with Kevin Glenn as qb before? Depending on their recruiting efforts they might have a chance cause they do have a proven qb and some coaches who have been there before. 

Didn't Gibson run our '07 offense that everyone figured out after labour day?

They think they'll be winners in their first couple of seasons.... That's the belief. It could happen but I doubt it. I don't know what it is about some coaches... Some make 8 phone calls & have their staff cuz they're buddies. Others have a hard time attracting coaches. I never understood why an assistant in a great situation like with Calgary would leave just to go work with a friend. A promotion is understandable, I guess . Going to an expansion team, well if that's what they want, more power to them. I think Huff will be a coach in Calgary longer than Campbell is in Ottawa. Solid staff, though, I gotta say that.

Why are people so enamored by this staff?  It's full of unproven guys (with known names) and a whole bunch of guys who did good for one season and not so good in many other seasons.   I don't see anyone on that staff who retained a job for a long period of time with a winning team.

The only positive I can think is that it's good that they recruited guys who know the league and didn't go for the guys from down South.   But really you are jealous because Ike Charlton is a coach....  really??

Also what makes you think Ottawa will be a winner so fast?   Kevin Glenn was playing on a Calgary team with an A+ rb, very good o-line and some great receivers over the last few seasons.      Forget not Kevin Glenn how he plays once he gets hit a few times and feels the pressure?  Do you not remember Del Marco in BC having that very bad losing streak where he was replaced by Buck F'ning Pierce???   

I think people are vastly over rating Ottawa.   I hope that they are competitive and do "well" for the sake of the league retaining a team in Ottawa.... but I highly doubt that they'll be rolling Toronto and Montreal anytime soon.

Why are people so enamored by this staff?  It's full of unproven guys (with known names) and a whole bunch of guys who did good for one season and not so good in many other seasons.   I don't see anyone on that staff who retained a job for a long period of time with a winning team.

The only positive I can think is that it's good that they recruited guys who know the league and didn't go for the guys from down South.   But really you are jealous because Ike Charlton is a coach....  really??

Also what makes you think Ottawa will be a winner so fast?   Kevin Glenn was playing on a Calgary team with an A+ rb, very good o-line and some great receivers over the last few seasons.      Forget not Kevin Glenn how he plays once he gets hit a few times and feels the pressure?  Do you not remember Del Marco in BC having that very bad losing streak where he was replaced by Buck F'ning Pierce???   

I think people are vastly over rating Ottawa.   I hope that they are competitive and do "well" for the sake of the league retaining a team in Ottawa.... but I highly doubt that they'll be rolling Toronto and Montreal anytime soon.

They have better Canadian content than some other teams...with decent scouting down south they could do pretty well.

People keep waiting for Glenn to turtle when he gets pressured. But he's one of the best in the league at reading and reacting to blitzes. 

Is Desjardins both GM and HC?  For some reason I thought he was just the GM.

That's right, just the GM... Rick Campbell is the head coach.

I don't see an OL coach.  I wonder if Mike Gibson will be taking on that role as well.

Oh right, thanks.  I had forgot Campbell was hired as HC.

Why are people so enamored by this staff? It's full of unproven guys (with known names) and a whole bunch of guys who did good for one season and not so good in many other seasons. I don't see anyone on that staff who retained a job for a long period of time with a winning team.

The only positive I can think is that it's good that they recruited guys who know the league and didn't go for the guys from down South. But really you are jealous because Ike Charlton is a coach.... really??

Also what makes you think Ottawa will be a winner so fast? Kevin Glenn was playing on a Calgary team with an A+ rb, very good o-line and some great receivers over the last few seasons. Forget not Kevin Glenn how he plays once he gets hit a few times and feels the pressure? Do you not remember Del Marco in BC having that very bad losing streak where he was replaced by Buck F'ning Pierce???

I think people are vastly over rating Ottawa. I hope that they are competitive and do "well" for the sake of the league retaining a team in Ottawa.... but I highly doubt that they'll be rolling Toronto and Montreal anytime soon.

They have better Canadian content than some other teams...with decent scouting down south they could do pretty well.

People keep waiting for Glenn to turtle when he gets pressured. But he's one of the best in the league at reading and reacting to blitzes.

Well, ya hit him and he turtles. This is well documented. If their o-line struggles, glenn will struggle.. Also, he is always stuck in mediocrity but rises up for certain reasons.. to me, he somehow manages to play above his level and then peters out.. As opposed to qbs who are stellar and end up playing below their level..

I like the look of their staff. I don't think they'll win for a couple years because of the difficulty of bringing in enough talent to an expansion team, no matter who's coaching the team.

But I think Campbell is going to be a great Head Coach -- he's got bits of experience coaching all 3 facets, plus the family pedigree to boot. Gibson and Nelson aren't explosive choices for coordinators, but I'd take Gibson over Bellefeuille, and Nelson over whoever we end up with. The positional coaches are all solid up-and-comers.

I like the look of their staff. I don't think they'll win for a couple years because of the difficulty of bringing in enough talent to an expansion team, no matter who's coaching the team.

But I think Campbell is going to be a great Head Coach -- he's got bits of experience coaching all 3 facets, plus the family pedigree to boot. Gibson and Nelson aren't explosive choices for coordinators, but I'd take Gibson over Bellefeuille, and Nelson over whoever we end up with. The positional coaches are all solid up-and-comers.

Only a Riderfan would say say something like this. We don't even have a DC yet and you already believe Nelson is better.