Official Expansion Draft Day Thread

TrueBlue

The big question: will Hage go to Ottawa or retire? He told me last week that he wasn't sure what he'd do:

"It's life-changing if it does happen. If you're a young guy, it doesn't matter. But if you're a guy that's been here 10 years, have a house here, have a baby coming ..." he said. "But I'll worry about it if it comes Monday."

http://scratchingpost.thespec.com/2013/12/ticats-lose-marwan-hage-to-ottawa-redblacks.html

If i had to guess any anger would be leaving him unprotected as a  perceived lack of respect for a veteran and a big community guy. and I'm sure there a ton of Bomber fans, too, of whom the only players they care about are the highly acessible local ones like Hage.

Ti Cat fans are mad because Hage is a 10 year vet who they feel has been disrespected. If O'Neill goes to centre the Ti Cats OL will struggle. O'Neill was an average to slightly above average center in Calgary. Nothing special when he played here. The Stamps let O'Neill go to free agency. Never tried to keep him.

Ti Cat fans are mad because Hage is a 10 year vet who they feel has been disrespected. If O'Neill goes to centre the Ti Cats OL will struggle. O'Neill was an average to slightly above average center in Calgary. Nothing special when he played here. The Stamps let O'Neill go to free agency. Never tried to keep him.

If you knew what you were talking about you would know ONeil has already started over a dozen games at centre for HAM at centre and was effective.

Blue made out fine, I think the biggest win for us is the fact that Ottawa has Glenn and demarco! That alone puts us front runners for Collaros and/or Willy/ Burris.

Kohlert was a decent player but at no point was he going to be an elite receiver. He was consistent and had good hands, but I still think we can put someone else in his spot with a higher ceiling.

Wow the volume of gay imagery being tossed around in this thread is like listening to Rod Black watch a Sam Giguere highlight reel. 

what gay imagery?

Did you think the expression "take it in the arse" was a holiday greeting in Australia?

why would i presume that's a gay reference...?

I do know what I'm talking about. I live in Calgary & watched O'Neill play before he went to your team. He was no great shakes here.

I'm not saying O'Neill is some dominant centre but is there no room for the possibility that players can improve or play better with a change in scenery?

Wow the volume of gay imagery being tossed around in this thread is like listening to Rod Black watch a Sam Giguere highlight reel. 

what gay imagery?

Did you think the expression "take it in the arse" was a holiday greeting in Australia?

In that case, let me know which of your female Facebook friends are single. I'm suddenly interested. 

what gay imagery?

In that case, let me know which of your female Facebook friends are single. I'm suddenly interested. 

like being single is important...

O'Neill was an average player with the Stampeders. He struggled at times as a starting centre & guard when he was here. He'd have his good games & then have some bad ones.  I believe Jon Gott beat him out at centre & he was a backup lineman here for a stretch during his final season & signed with Hamilton as a free agent. Word is the Stamps never made him an offer. Can he get better with a change of scenery? Clearly maybe he can.

O'Neill was an average player with the Stampeders. He struggled at times as a starting centre & guard when he was here. He'd have his good games & then have some bad ones.  I believe Jon Gott beat him out at centre & he was a backup lineman here for a stretch during his final season & signed with Hamilton as a free agent. Can he get better with a change of scenery? Clearly maybe he can.

Or maybe the East is just that much shittier so marginal players from good teams in the West can be stars on marginal teams in the East. As the Bombers have shown, marginal Eastern teams make the Grey Cup too once in awhile.

Sucks to lose Kolhert.  Etienne and Poblah aren't good enough to deserve a full time spot at receiver. 

Assuming Muamba catches on down south as a special teamer or isn't back until September of next season (assuming he gets cut by an NFL team), is it safe to say Ottawa's top 7 non-imports are better than the Bombers non-imports?

If so, that says something about previous management.

I do know what I'm talking about. I live in Calgary & watched O'Neill play before he went to your team. He was no great shakes here.

Is it possible he could have improved after going to Hamilton?  I didn't pay attention to him myself so I'm honestly not that sure.

Zero dropoff from Oneil to Hage. Zero.

Is it possible he could have improved after going to Hamilton?  I didn't pay attention to him myself so I'm honestly not that sure.

O'Neill is a good centre, average OL overall as he can play all interior spots.  Hage is also a good centre.

Dude haven't you learned anything? Nothing improves coming out of Hamilton.

:D