Official Expansion Draft Day Thread

TrueBlue

I'm not saying Kohlert isn't a loss, but do we seriously think that we have a massive hole at NI receiver now?

Realistically, we are probably in a position where we could get away with starting 4 imports at receiver. 4 OL, 1 REC, 2 defensive spots and there you have it.

Our depth at NI receiver is fine. Stellar? No. Adequate? Yes.

Who do you see as our four starting O-Linemen? Do we have two defensive starters on the current roster? Aside from Henoc, I'm not sure we have any other starting Canadians on defense at the moment. I would think we need both of Watson & Etienne starting at this point.

I'm not super concerned about our NI depth at receiver either. I think the thing that irks people is that he was one of the few young bright spots on this team last year and to think he was likely left unprotected over the likes of people like Fitzgerald and Sherman and even Poblah is a bit unnerving had all else been equal. Fortunately, all else wasn't equal and we end up keeping guys who will more than likely not be major contributors, will at least be on the squad next year which Kohlert likely wouldn't have been either way.

I can't even imagine what cdns we protected ahead of kohlert... Bizarre

He's not our only decent NI receiver - watson is good too, after that... Um...

Can't believe calgary left fraser open...

Lavoie, deane, eppele, fraser, kohlert, hage, shologan... That's a decent starting seven

Cappicotti and kgroh as depth, if any of their ncaa guys work out... Ottawa could be starting eight NI

I'm not saying Kohlert isn't a loss, but do we seriously think that we have a massive hole at NI receiver now?

Realistically, we are probably in a position where we could get away with starting 4 imports at receiver. 4 OL, 1 REC, 2 defensive spots and there you have it.

Our depth at NI receiver is fine. Stellar? No. Adequate? Yes.

Who do you see as our four starting O-Linemen? Do we have two defensive starters on the current roster? Aside from Henoc, I'm not sure we have any other starting Canadians on defense at the moment. I would think we need both of Watson & Etienne starting at this point.

Right now, could I name them? No. But it's hard for me to believe they're not looking to spend in FA if possible. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a starting Canadian in week 1 next year who isn't currently on our roster.

overall, not a great loss from the Bombers...

Miles = some says he's an heir apparent to TE, but WR is not really hard to replace and I rather lose him than Woods.. (not saying he was protected)

Green = i think Ottawa miss on this one... thank you RedBlacks

Kohlert = we have a bunch of NI receivers coming in .... Aprille, Alli and Brescasin

And ottawa picks... Pierre luc labbe

He really didn't show much loyalty to the Bombers declaring his retirement prior to the draft eh... couldn't have just mentioned it to Walters so we didn't need to protect him and announce the retirement after the draft?

Watch we wasted a pick protecting Labbe because we had to send in the list before he made his announcement.

He really didn't show much loyalty to the Bombers declaring his retirement prior to the draft eh... couldn't have just mentioned it to Walters so we didn't need to protect him and announce the retirement after the draft?

Watch we wasted a pick protecting Labbe because we had to send in the list before he made his announcement.

No way was Labbe among the first 6 guys we protected.

I can't even imagine what cdns we protected ahead of kohlert... Bizarre

He's not our only decent NI receiver - watson is good too, after that... Um...

Can't believe calgary left fraser open...

Lavoie, deane, eppele, fraser, kohlert, hage, shologan... That's a decent starting seven

Cappicotti and kgroh as depth, if any of their ncaa guys work out... Ottawa could be starting eight NI

WTF did we leave Kohlert unprotected?   He appeared to me to be the best Reciever we had on the field for the majority of the year.  He easily outplayed Ettiene and even poblah.. I guess both of them were injured for a part of the season.. But I can't believe we let him be taken.

Hopefully it was our Horrible Offensive scheeming that made the rest of our Cdn recievers looks horrible, or unable to catch a football... But ATM i think Kohlert is a big loss.

WTF did we leave Kohlert unprotected?   He appeared to me to be the best Reciever we had on the field for the majority of the year.  He easily outplayed Ettiene and even poblah.. I guess both of them were injured for a part of the season.. But I can't believe we let him be taken.

Hopefully it was our Horrible Offensive scheeming that made the rest of our Cdn recievers looks horrible, or unable to catch a football... But ATM i think Kohlert is a big loss.

Well, obviously the the GM and the HC has not given up on Poblah / Etienne yet.

The only thing that would make the Kohlert loss look palatable is if he signed with another CFL team. Like the Riders. Then we'd know he was going there all along.

that's the sense im getting. maybe Walters is having a hard time getting him an extension, who knows.

Kohlert was our best NI receiver last year.  Watson's injured way to often to be counted on and Etienne only had a couple of decent games early in the season.  We haven't necessarily lost him, though.  As a FA, we could re-sign him.  My best guess is that we knew he wasn't going to sign with us anyway so we left him unprotected. 

i can't see Walters making a move like this (Kohlert) without having a solid reason for it. KW strikes me as too focused and detail oriented to have not already had discussions with Kohlert and his representatives. will give him the benefit of the doubt on this and presume that in the coming weeks i'll read about Walters already having been told that Kohlert wanted out of Winnipeg.

I think we made out okay today.  Without seeing the lists it was hard to know what to expect.  I'll miss Miles the most, I think he could be really, really good.  Losing Green is a laugher and Kohlert stings but it wasn't some major hit.  I would expect Etienne to re-sign here, plus Walters knows Canadian talent.  I have confidence we will handle the ratio well this year.

Classless... ;)