Cortez and Lapo both say no to BC

Mike

This is interesting.

If we did interview Khari, which appears likely, it would also then appear likely that O'Shea wasn't thrilled with him.  And you know what?  I'm good with that, while he may be an up-and-comer, it's not like the track record is that great.  

I am more just interested to see who we get since the race is on for these spots and teams...

Iso is correct to some extent but I'll limit my knowledge to what I hear on Calgary sports radio specifically the Fan 960 and from the television media.   Part of it is due to Arash Madani and the fact they seem to go to him for everything CFL.  And of course we know what Arash thinks of the WBB's.   The TV media is similar to radio and will talk about the WBB's as the doormat and a dysfunctional organization.  

The Fan has a radio personality (one of their best) who hails from Manitoba and even he has given up defending the WBB's but sticks up for the Jets anytime and everytime he can.     

But hey, as the saying goes "respect is earned".  The WBB's just need to start winning again and the respect will return.   It's as simple as that. 

Looks like BC is going after Khari:

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports2h

The #BCLions now looking for a "fresh, young" offensive co-ordinater.

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports23m

Have learned the #BCLions have asked for permission to talk with #Roughriders qb coach Khari Jones about their o-c vacancy.

News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports20m

The #Roughriders have given Jones permission to talk with the #BCLions. He talks with B.C today or tomorrow.

Never ceases to amaze me how well the Bombers can disguise their hiring of Khari weeks ago.

Also, does anyone else think Benevides maybe isn't the easiest guy to get along with? Seems a little weird that two guys turned down opportunities on an established team with a proven QB. If people are gonna speculate about the Bombers, these questions should be asked about the Lions.

It's clear to me that the Lions are the gong-show of the CFL. No one wants to coach there. Total disaster.

Also, does anyone else think Benevides maybe isn't the easiest guy to get along with? Seems a little weird that two guys turned down opportunities on an established team with a proven QB. If people are gonna speculate about the Bombers, these questions should be asked about the Lions.

It's clear to me that the Lions are the gong-show of the CFL. No one wants to coach there. Total disaster.

Benevides and Buono are just egotistical assholes who don't play well with others. Plus I think they're connected to the mob. 

The national media are still saying that the Bombers are the worst possible team a coach could go to. I wonder what their take is going to be after this?? If you can't attract an OC with Travis Lulay, Nick Moore & Andrew Harris as the go to guys on offense then there is a real problem.

Where does the national media say that the Bombers are still whe worst possible team a coach can go to?

You have to live outside Winnipeg & the Province like I do to really know how they feel.

That's ridiculous! Ever heard of the Internet? You tell me where you live represents the "National" media? The post was BS! 

Arash Madani @ArashMadani 2m

#Riders QB's coach Khari Jones is interviewing for the #BCLions offensive coordinator position today, #CFL sources tell me.

i got a feeling Khari will chose BC rather than Winnipeg :wacko:

Arash Madani @ArashMadani 1m

The #Eskimos are kicking tires on Bob Wylie to coach their offensive line. He was previously an OL coach with the #Riders and #Bombers. #CFL

What, and give up this wonderful weather in Winnipeg and Regina????

Nowhere.

Iso just probably read one or two articles that were not originally from Winnipeg media and has now somehow snowballed that into "the national media"

Mike, you live in Winnipeg. I don't. I live in Calgary. You have no clue. Why are some of you taking this so personally as you shouldn't be surprised? You think a new head coach & GM is going to turn the skeptics around??? The Bombers are still considered a joke outside Winnipeg. In Calgary, the media here calls the Bombers dysfunctional. They are described as having no credibility. Whenever the discussion gets to the Bombers with the Calgary media & media from other CFL cities it's a real yuk yuk fest when they talk about the Bombers.  I've heard interviews with the media here talking to commentators from Montreal all across to BC over the past couple of years slagging Winnipeg. I hate listening to that **** but that's the reality Mike, whether you insult me or not.

So you mean the Calgary media then.

You do know I can read newspapers from ... outside of Winnipeg, right? Even the national ones.

Oh for crisakes. You're always right. Who cares? You win, satisfied? I'm tired of our little cat & mouse games. From now on, whatever you say goes because you're smarter than me & know more than I do. Carry on.

Nowhere.

Iso just probably read one or two articles that were not originally from Winnipeg media and has now somehow snowballed that into "the national media"

Mike, you live in Winnipeg. I don't. I live in Calgary. You have no clue. Why are some of you taking this so personally as you shouldn't be surprised? You think a new head coach & GM is going to turn the skeptics around??? The Bombers are still considered a joke outside Winnipeg. In Calgary, the media here calls the Bombers dysfunctional. They are described as having no credibility. Whenever the discussion gets to the Bombers with the Calgary media & media from other CFL cities it's a real yuk yuk fest when they talk about the Bombers.  I've heard interviews with the media here talking to commentators from Montreal all across to BC over the past couple of years slagging Winnipeg. I hate listening to that **** but that's the reality Mike, whether you insult me or not.

So you mean the Calgary media then.

You do know I can read newspapers from ... outside of Winnipeg, right? Even the national ones.

Oh for crisakes. You're always right. Who cares? You win, satisfied? I'm tired of our little cat & mouse games. From now on, whatever you say goes because you're smarter than me & know more than I do. Carry on.

What cat and mouse games? Who said I was smarter?

I never said any of that, I just said I don't agree it's the national media saying these things all the way across the board.

I am not sure how you can read papers from outside the city you live in but I can only hope you use your secret powers for good instead of evil.

Really???? Lol dumbest post of the year here!

The internet is now black magic? Who reads actual newspapers anymore I thought everyone reads the web versions now?

I am not sure how you can read papers from outside the city you live in but I can only hope you use your secret powers for good instead of evil.

Really???? Lol dumbest post of the year here!

The internet is now black magic? Who reads actual newspapers anymore I thought everyone reads the web versions now?

Not sure about 'dumbest' but some peoples' reaction is the 'funniest'