Cortez and Lapo both say no to BC

Mike

The national media are still saying that the Bombers are the worst possible team a coach could go to. I wonder what their take is going to be after this?? If you can't attract an OC with Travis Lulay, Nick Moore & Andrew Harris as the go to guys on offense then there is a real problem.

So, read that LaPo is leaning towards staying with TSN as an analyst. Probably waiting for a HC job to come up next year. Thing is, LaPo has to get back in the saddle & back on the sidelines if he wants to be a HC again. Doing analysis in a tv studio won't get him the gig. But being in charge of a successful offense as an offensive coordinator will. Look at what happened to Tom Higgins. He's been away from the sidelines for too long. He may never be a CFL HC or GM again. In some eyes now he's now a dinosaur.

That's actually very interesting and makes you wonder if these guys weren't being allowed full control over the offence. 

That would be a sticky point for these guys as I'm sure they wouldn't want to be messed with like some have done in the past.

I guess it's OK if you're the HC, to mess with the OC's plan, but when you're the OC it's "hands off Mr HC".

The national media are still saying that the Bombers are the worst possible team a coach could go to. I wonder what their take is going to be after this?? If you can't attract an OC with Travis Lulay, Nick Moore & Andrew Harris as the go to guys on offense then there is a real problem.

What is the national media?  TSN?

What is the national media?  TSN?

Any media outside Winnipeg in newspaper, magazine, radio & television. Can be anyone.

That leaves Ottawa, B.C. And Winnipeg all hunting for an OC a scarce commodity . I'd say Khari didn't wow Winnipeg his interview or they would have jumped on it by now.

Montreal and Edmonton are still looking for OC.

Lapo may land to Montreal and Gibson is rumored to be the OC in Ottawa. So it may be BC, Winnipeg and Edmonton for the final horse-race.

Looks like the Bombers are going to announce their coordinators together at the same time. That's the sense I'm getting. Same with Edmonton.

same sense i got. but if Stubler who reportedly lock to be the next DC and khari who's the leading candidate to the OC spot. they should have announce it by now.

maybe, Stubler is still contemplating who he will choose Wpg? or Cgy?

at Riderfans, a poster said, he heard that Jones and Miles will be staying with the Riders.

so maybe those two are not locked as majority of us expected it to be.

Yikes......LaPo is nuts if he doesn't take an OC job. Given the recent HC hirings were does he think a HC job is going to happen? The most likely would be B.C. At best. Take the OC job there with the hope of getting promoted.

i got a feeling he was approached to be an OC here... not sure.

If the money Lapo is making at TSN is comparable to a coordinators job, maybe he is liking the reduced work load.  He still has a young family, priorities shift.

Another possibility is that the disaster here under Joe Mack has soured him on coaching.

Yikes......LaPo is nuts if he doesn't take an OC job. Given the recent HC hirings were does he think a HC job is going to happen? The most likely would be B.C. At best. Take the OC job there with the hope of getting promoted.

i got a feeling he was approached to be an OC here... not sure.

That would be interesting if Lapo came on as OC in Winnipeg. At least then he wouldn't have to move...

If the money Lapo is making at TSN is comparable to a coordinators job, maybe he is liking the reduced work load.  He still has a young family, priorities shift.

This is a possibility. He did just have yet another kid. If the TSN gig is expanded and he gets more air time and more cash, maybe even a chair as a colour guy on a few games, then why not just take the broadcasting gig for the security and reduced hours.