Cortez and Lapo both say no to BC

Mike

Yikes......LaPo is nuts if he doesn't take an OC job. Given the recent HC hirings were does he think a HC job is going to happen? The most likely would be B.C. At best. Take the OC job there with the hope of getting promoted.

i got a feeling he was approached to be an OC here... not sure.

That would be interesting if Lapo came on as OC in Winnipeg. At least then he wouldn't have to move...

that's what I'm thinking.... maybe Mrs. Lapolice wants to stay in Winnipeg with the young ones...

Yikes......LaPo is nuts if he doesn't take an OC job. Given the recent HC hirings were does he think a HC job is going to happen? The most likely would be B.C. At best. Take the OC job there with the hope of getting promoted.

To me and based on history it makes sense that Paul Lapolice may have determined it wasn't a good fit for him in BC regardless of his TSN employment.  IF Wally Buono still has direct decision-making powers over on-field gameday strategies/direction, it has the potential to lead to conflict. When Mr. Lapolice was here, he did seem to come across as someone who needed a high level of control (See OC) which ironically may not reasonate completely with Mr. Buono. For LaPo to be consistently successful as a coach at any level (he knows his x's and o's for sure), my observations tell me he needs to work on empowering people around him and relinquishing control as appropriate.   

I would like to see Lapo as an OC here but I get the vibe his ego would never allow him to do that. 

Maybe if he was out of options. But he isn't. 

Well, his former bosser are gone (Butchko and Mack)... and his former assistant is the GM now.

Media and most of the fans believe he was a made a scapegoat by Mack...although he also failed to fix the O when he was the HC.

Maybe focusing entirely on O will give him different results.

Looks like BC is going after Khari:

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports2h

The #BCLions now looking for a "fresh, young" offensive co-ordinater.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports23m

Have learned the #BCLions have asked for permission to talk with #Roughriders qb coach Khari Jones about their o-c vacancy.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports22m

There's the "fresh, young" face they are looking for. This after LaPolice and Cortez no longer interested in #BCLions o-c job.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports20m

The #Roughriders have given Jones permission to talk with the #BCLions. He talks with B.C today or tomorrow.

My comment: Boo!

Khari belongs back here.

The national media are still saying that the Bombers are the worst possible team a coach could go to. I wonder what their take is going to be after this?? If you can't attract an OC with Travis Lulay, Nick Moore & Andrew Harris as the go to guys on offense then there is a real problem.

Where does the national media say that the Bombers are still whe worst possible team a coach can go to?

Arash Madani @ArashMadani 2m

#Riders QB's coach Khari Jones is interviewing for the #BCLions offensive coordinator position today, #CFL sources tell me.

i got a feeling Khari will chose BC rather than Winnipeg :wacko:

Arash Madani @ArashMadani 1m

The #Eskimos are kicking tires on Bob Wylie to coach their offensive line. He was previously an OL coach with the #Riders and #Bombers. #CFL

Maas is actually a pretty intriguing pick...  probably in a better position than Khari to take the next step...  I wonder what his connections with OShea are like

Looking at it - between Maas, Marcel and Khari, I'd probably take Maas.  Although any of them are fine.

The national media are still saying that the Bombers are the worst possible team a coach could go to. I wonder what their take is going to be after this?? If you can't attract an OC with Travis Lulay, Nick Moore & Andrew Harris as the go to guys on offense then there is a real problem.

Where does the national media say that the Bombers are still whe worst possible team a coach can go to?

You have to live outside Winnipeg & the Province like I do to really know how they feel.

You have to live outside Winnipeg & the Province like I do to really know how they feel.

So you don't mean the national media, you mean the Calgary media.

Nowhere.

Iso just probably read one or two articles that were not originally from Winnipeg media and has now somehow snowballed that into "the national media"

Mike, you live in Winnipeg. I don't. I live in Calgary. You have no clue. Why are some of you taking this so personally as you shouldn't be surprised? You think a new head coach & GM is going to turn the skeptics around??? The Bombers are still considered a joke outside Winnipeg. In Calgary, the media here calls the Bombers dysfunctional. They are described as having no credibility. Whenever the discussion gets to the Bombers with the Calgary media & media from other CFL cities it's a real yuk yuk fest when they talk about the Bombers.  I've heard interviews with the media here talking to commentators from Montreal all across to BC over the past couple of years slagging Winnipeg. I hate listening to that **** but that's the reality Mike, whether you insult me or not.

Nowhere.

Iso just probably read one or two articles that were not originally from Winnipeg media and has now somehow snowballed that into "the national media"

Mike, you live in Winnipeg. I don't. I live in Calgary. You have no clue. Why are some of you taking this so personally as you shouldn't be surprised? You think a new head coach & GM is going to turn the skeptics around??? The Bombers are still considered a joke outside Winnipeg. In Calgary, the media here calls the Bombers dysfunctional. They are described as having no credibility. Whenever the discussion gets to the Bombers with the Calgary media & media from other CFL cities it's a real yuk yuk fest when they talk about the Bombers.  I've heard interviews with the media here talking to commentators from Montreal all across to BC over the past couple of years slagging Winnipeg. I hate listening to that **** but that's the reality Mike, whether you insult me or not.

So you mean the Calgary media then.

You do know I can read newspapers from ... outside of Winnipeg, right? Even the national ones.