Does This Look Familiar?

iso_55

Thought  I'd post this site. It's the construction cam for Tim Horton's Field. Does the pace of construction not look familiar? I don't think there's any way the stadium in Hamilton will be finished in time for the start of the 2014 season next July. Judging how far they have to go to get things completed. While the grandstand on the other side isn't shown, I have seen it & it looks to be about the same as far as construction goes of the one in the picture. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ti Cats start next season in Guelph & open their new stadium in August or September.

Meanwhile in Ottawa, I read a story a few weeks ago where the RedBlacks may ask the CFL to schedule their first four games of the 2014 season on the road to ensure the stadium is completed by late summer. May be some rough times ahead for the 2 teams in Ontario.

Link to Tim Horton's Field. What do you guys think?

http://www.ticats.ca/page/construction-cam

Those guys swore up and down during the pre-game of the last Bombers/TiCats game, that there was absolutely no way they'd be behind schedule at any point. They had assurances, and yada yada yada. They were snickering about what happened with the Bombers site, and said without any hesitation that it wouldn't happen to them and everything would be done on time, no questions asked.

God, how I'd love to see them get ****** right around, too...to hell with those guys.

Those guys swore up and down during the pre-game of the last Bombers/TiCats game, that there was absolutely no way they'd be behind schedule at any point. They had assurances, and yada yada yada. They were snickering about what happened with the Bombers site, and said without any hesitation that it wouldn't happen to them and everything would be done on time, no questions asked.

God, how I'd love to see them get ****** right around, too...to hell with those guys.

Do they have a clown-shoe president with hair like the lead singer of Platinum Blonde promising that they will start the season in their new stadium?

That stadium doesn't look near ready, but who really knows...

As to assurances that it will absolutely be ready in time, one word, optimistic?

I suppose if they need some advice, in order to reach their target date, they could always consult with Canada's smartest man...Peter Dyakowski

Do they have a clown-shoe president with hair like the lead singer of Platinum Blonde promising that they will start the season in their new stadium?

Close, Bob Young is their owner.

Platinum Blonde?  Man you are really going back in time for that reference!

platinumblonde.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE

For all the youngsters out there who have no clue who Platinum Blonde are.  Next up - Lover Boy and Winger.

Projects that large always get delayed it's just a fact of life, why they don't build more reasonable predictions into their estimates I have no idea.

It wouldn't matter anyways.  Any projected deadline, unless insanely over-estimated would still be delayed. It's a fact of life that people procrastinate.

platinumblonde.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVE

For all the youngsters out there who have no clue who Platinum Blonde are.  Next up - Lover Boy and Winger.

Who are these chicks?

The only ones who seem to be doing this right seems to be the Riders.  Their timeline for completion is 3-4 years away.

Everyone knows Loverboy especially since that Mr. Lube commercial came out. ;)

The only ones who seem to be doing this right seems to be the Riders.  Their timeline for completion is 3-4 years away.

Have they announced a construction start date yet? We won't really know if the completion date is realistic until they actually have shovels in the ground.

Everyone knows Loverboy especially since that Mr. Lube commercial came out. ;)

I'm not so sure that both of those should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Since Ossama AbouZeid isn't heading the construction of any of these projects, it's a safe bet to say that all three stadiums will be completed on time, on budget and -- gasp! -- with the use of properly designed blueprints.

Why was Abou Zeid hired & what experience did he have? He was fired, right?

Since Ossama AbouZeid isn't heading the construction of any of these projects, it's a safe bet to say that all three stadiums will be completed on time, on budget and -- gasp! -- with the use of properly designed blueprints.

According to his LinkedIn he is president and CEO of Dunmore Corporation which I couldn't find any information on or a website, however it was mentioned in an article a couple of years ago as being involved in the new Winnipeg Police Headquarters downtown, which is not a project you want to be mentioned as being part of (way over budget and time).

The story goes like this .... he was part of the Bomber board, left the board to head up the construction of the stadium, and now got his cushy job back on the board

According to his LinkedIn he is president and CEO of Dunmore Corporation which I couldn't find any information on or a website, however it was mentioned in an article a couple of years ago as being involved in the new Winnipeg Police Headquarters downtown, which is not a project you want to be mentioned as being part of (way over budget and time).

The story goes like this .... he was part of the Bomber board, left the board to head up the construction of the stadium, and now got his cushy job back on the board

Seems to be the Bomber way.

This is from the article in the FP from when he was named interim President before Buchko was hired:

AbouZeid is an Egyptian-born businessman who has lived in Winnipeg since 1974. He is the former president and CFO of Buhler Industries and also the former president of Central Canadian Structures Inc., a Winnipeg-based construction and engineering company that has been involved in overseas projects around the world, including the Middle East and Russia.

AbouZeid has a PHD in physics, an MBA and a degree in engineering.