Bombers @ MTL GDT

Zontar

Someone please tell me why Goltz isn't doing QB sneaks?

Cause Goltz didn't mask the insurmountable coaching problems so he's on Burkes **** list and there's no getting off that, why we haven't just cut the guy I do not know. Plus this way Bellefools little pet Boltus can get some "easy" stats.

Boltus is in close competition with DeMarco of BC for the P.U.TRID trophy award, emblematic of the inability to get short yardage especially while in a standing position.

The irony of presenting this trophy to the winner is that they hold it a just yard away from the recipient...and he is unable to reach it.

Agreeing with others that I want to see Hall back next season.  Considering the gong show around him -- no consistent running game, horrendous protection, no QB coach, incompetent OC -- I think he's definitely done enough to earn a 2014 invite.

Will Ford reminds me of the last year of Fred Reid's career -- once or twice a game he gets sprung for a big play but he's pretty much a 2 yard per carry back otherwise.

Hall should definitely get an invite. If he's a number 2 or 3 next year I'm more than fine with that. You need your backup to have potential to steal you a game, or keep you competitive in a game when you QB1 isn't available. With the right players and system (both of which are severely lacking right now) I feel he can absolutely do that.

The fact that Goltz isn't doing short yardage is an absolute joke.

Boltus looks like he's got concrete blocks for shoes when he's out there.

I wonder if Burke has a reasonable explanation for this. I have been asking for weeks why Goltz isn't in for both short yardage and red zone situations. It is borderline ludicrous.

My thoughts...

Hall is to slow and doesn't have the arm for this league. In the first half he only could dink it 5 yards and couldn't hit anything while on the run.

He had two ints taken away from penalties. That being said he's the best we got for now.

Ford isn't starting material but he's good as a change of pace back. The O line aside from the one big run was poor. Guys were hitting ford the second he had the ball.

Montreal was god awful, nieswander had time to throw but just made some poor throws. They looked like they had zero interest in playing.

I thought the lbers and secondary were solid and had a lot of hustle.

Overall with all those turnovers we should of won by a lot more...

Both of the int's were taken away by blatant pass interference calls, which, if the receivers hadn't been interfered with, they probably would have caught the ball.  There's reasons to doubt Hall, but you can't say that the INT's were just "taken away by penalties" - they occurred due to illegal acts by the Montreal players.

The first interception was taken away by a penalty from Chip Cox who was on the other side of the field. You're right about the second though, Parker literally pushed Kohlert down and then intercepted the ball.

Re first interception/PI

Right call, wrong player.

That seemed to be the story line of today's game when it came to the officiating

Haha hall said the pass to denmark is not in our playbook... Sure seems like the only success our QBs have is when they wing it

Yeah, that's totally not what he said. But I guess whatever helps the narrative that Burke is awful at everything.

Well.... it is basically what he said.  Essentially Denmark was running a "make space for other receivers" route, he wasn't supposed to get the ball and wouldn't even have been faulted for not going full speed on the route since his only job was to pull the safety over to that side of the field for the primary routes.

Now, it was good on Denmark to go full speed and good on Hall to see that the Safety read the designed play and went to the side of the field where the play was supposed to happen.

If anything Hall going "off the book" in that spot was the result of them running the play in practice, seeing the defense react and knowing that Denmark was going to be in a 1 on 1 in that spot of the field because of that practice.

TLDR... the pass going to Denmark wasn't in the playbook, positive result was because of guys practicing and going full speed all the time.

Re first interception/PI

That seemed to be the story line of today's game when it came to the officiating

Yeah that was my recollection as well - that both INT's were the result of illegal play by the Montreal defence, and wouldn't have occurred if they weren't breaking the rules.  I'll go back and review, as I usually watch a Bomber victory many times to bask in the glow of victory, while losses are quickly deleted from the PVR.  Needless to say, I haven't re-watched a lot of games this year. 

Re first interception/PI

Yeah that was my recollection as well - that both INT's were the result of illegal play by the Montreal defence, and wouldn't have occurred if they weren't breaking the rules.  I'll go back and review, as I usually watch a Bomber victory many times to bask in the glow of victory, while losses are quickly deleted from the PVR.  Needless to say, I haven't re-watched a lot of games this year. 

iirc on that play shea emry (41) twisted around the intended receiver as he was running by him. Ref probably didn't catch the whole number on the jersey and came up with 11 instead of 41.

Re first interception/PI

iirc on that play shea emry (41) twisted around the intended receiver as he was running by him. Ref probably didn't catch the whole number on the jersey and came up with 11 instead of 41.

yeah it was blatant PI, was my memory.

The Bombers have the best red zone % in the league they said... That is mostly because of Goltz and his legs.... Yet Burke keeps putting Boltus in... Blows my mind...

Hall wasn't doing that great he came on strong later on but for most of the first half he really sputtered and tossed some really ugly passes.

He at least didn't look scared or made blatantly horrible decisions.... If only he could run and have an arm like Reilly....

The Bombers have the best red zone % in the league they said... That is mostly because of Goltz and his legs.... Yet Burke keeps putting Boltus in... Blows my mind...

Hall wasn't doing that great he came on strong later on but for most of the first half he really sputtered and tossed some really ugly passes.

He at least didn't look scared or made blatantly horrible decisions.... If only he could run and have an arm like Reilly....

it also would be nice if the O-line could give him more than 1.5 steamboats to pick a target and throw.  Hall was rushing almost every throw as on almost every throwing play there was a free Alouette coming at him unblocked.  I know that this may have been "designed" - but to just let a guy run at our QB unblocked on almost every play?  Really?

it also would be nice if the O-line could give him more than 1.5 steamboats to pick a target and throw.  Hall was rushing almost every throw as on almost every throwing play there was a free Alouette coming at him unblocked.  I know that this may have been "designed" - but to just let a guy run at our QB unblocked on almost every play?  Really?

I'm sure glad Morley is back. At least he's our best OL at celebrating after scores.

I'm sure glad Morley is back. At least he's our best OL at celebrating after scores.

That's got to be the first thing you look at when scouting. :lol:

They highlighted a play yesterday where our o-line didn't even shift in covering a 5-man Montreal rush.  Amazing how even when we are man-on-man, we are outnumbered.