Bombers @ MTL GDT

Zontar

The Bombers have the best red zone % in the league they said... That is mostly because of Goltz and his legs.... Yet Burke keeps putting Boltus in... Blows my mind...

Hall wasn't doing that great he came on strong later on but for most of the first half he really sputtered and tossed some really ugly passes.

He at least didn't look scared or made blatantly horrible decisions.... If only he could run and have an arm like Reilly....

it also would be nice if the O-line could give him more than 1.5 steamboats to pick a target and throw.  Hall was rushing almost every throw as on almost every throwing play there was a free Alouette coming at him unblocked.  I know that this may have been "designed" - but to just let a guy run at our QB unblocked on almost every play?  Really?

They highlighted a play yesterday where our o-line didn't even shift in covering a 5-man Montreal rush.  Amazing how even when we are man-on-man, we are outnumbered.

yeah that was brutal.  Two o-linemen took the same guy and left a Montreal D-man completely untouched to walk in on Hall.  To his credit, Hall stood in there and got the ball out quick.  I think he's realized that he has to make quick throws as he will only be given 2 seconds tops to get the ball away, on every single passing play.  Our O-line is just plain awful.  I still am scratching my head at how we won that game yesterday.  Montreal truly looked like they were trying to lose.  Is the mob now controlling that team like they control everything else in Montreal?

The Bombers have the best red zone % in the league they said... That is mostly because of Goltz and his legs.... Yet Burke keeps putting Boltus in... Blows my mind...

Hall wasn't doing that great he came on strong later on but for most of the first half he really sputtered and tossed some really ugly passes.

He at least didn't look scared or made blatantly horrible decisions.... If only he could run and have an arm like Reilly....

it also would be nice if the O-line could give him more than 1.5 steamboats to pick a target and throw. Hall was rushing almost every throw as on almost every throwing play there was a free Alouette coming at him unblocked. I know that this may have been "designed" - but to just let a guy run at our QB unblocked on almost every play? Really?

They highlighted a play yesterday where our o-line didn't even shift in covering a 5-man Montreal rush. Amazing how even when we are man-on-man, we are outnumbered.

yeah that was brutal. Two o-linemen took the same guy and left a Montreal D-man completely untouched to walk in on Hall. To his credit, Hall stood in there and got the ball out quick. I think he's realized that he has to make quick throws as he will only be given 2 seconds tops to get the ball away, on every single passing play. Our O-line is just plain awful. I still am scratching my head at how we won that game yesterday. Montreal truly looked like they were trying to lose. Is the mob now controlling that team like they control everything else in Montreal?

well i imagine a bet for montreal to not make the playoffs would pay off huge if it came to pass lol.. shame it would require us to win 3 more in a row..

it also would be nice if the O-line could give him more than 1.5 steamboats to pick a target and throw.  Hall was rushing almost every throw as on almost every throwing play there was a free Alouette coming at him unblocked.  I know that this may have been "designed" - but to just let a guy run at our QB unblocked on almost every play?  Really?

Yeah. Hall didn't look bad even though he was totally under siege out there.  I wonder how good he could be if he had some time in the pocket to go through his reads?

Yeah. Hall didn't look bad even though he was totally under siege out there.  I wonder how good he could be if he had some time in the pocket to go through his reads?

My thoughts on Hall... when he gets a second to make his reads he consistently makes the right read.

Doesn't even throw Ints that often when he has the chance to throw the ball without someone hitting him while he's doing it

Great why do you want a back up that you don't think will be a true starter? There is no such thing as a back up.....it has been shown this season. You are one play away from being the man.

Anyone think Thomas DeMarco is a bona fide starting qb? I think he's a career backup. If DeMarco is the best qb on the Lions roster with Lulay out just how bad has Joey Elliott been as the #3 qb?

Great why do you want a back up that you don't think will be a true starter? There is no such thing as a back up.....it has been shown this season. You are one play away from being the man.

Anyone think Thomas DeMarco is a bona fide starting qb? I think he's a career backup. If DeMarco is the best qb on the Lions roster with Lulay out just how bad has Joey Elliott been as the #3 qb?

The fact BC traded for Pierce speaks volumes. I'm kind of surprised he isn't starting this week.

My thoughts...

Hall is to slow and doesn't have the arm for this league. In the first half he only could dink it 5 yards and couldn't hit anything while on the run.

He had two ints taken away from penalties. That being said he's the best we got for now.

Ford isn't starting material but he's good as a change of pace back. The O line aside from the one big run was poor. Guys were hitting ford the second he had the ball.

Montreal was god awful, nieswander had time to throw but just made some poor throws. They looked like they had zero interest in playing.

I thought the lbers and secondary were solid and had a lot of hustle.

Overall with all those turnovers we should of won by a lot more...

Both of the int's were taken away by blatant pass interference calls, which, if the receivers hadn't been interfered with, they probably would have caught the ball.  There's reasons to doubt Hall, but you can't say that the INT's were just "taken away by penalties" - they occurred due to illegal acts by the Montreal players.

The first interception was taken away by a penalty from Chip Cox who was on the other side of the field. You're right about the second though, Parker literally pushed Kohlert down and then intercepted the ball.

I just watched the first half again and the first PI that took away an INT was on Shea Emry, even though Cox was the one called for it.  Emry held Kohlert so when Hall threw it it looked bad as he threw right to the Montreal DB, but Kohlert would have been there had Emry not held him up.  Kudos to the refs for catching that one, but boos for all the other PI's they missed.  Montreal was holding our receivers on almost every play.  The series where we got the ball on the 8 yard line after the Dunn INT Hall lobbed a nice ball to Watson, who couldn't get it because he had Chip Cox hanging off of him from the line of scrimmage.  Just ridiculous.  I guess the refs felt bad about missing that one, as they let Edwards go on his blatant off-side on the Denmark TD right before half time.

Gee # 3 is Goltz, how is that plan working for you? And Boltus is the heir apparent in the current master plan. How many other teams do you think would take any of these guys as their QB? Right...none.

My favorite part is how you're acting as if any of us are saying the way the Bombers have been doing things is a good way to do them